Camping World

Getting the Interview

6 candidate interviews

RV Sales Associate Interview

Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Camping World in January 2012.

Interview Details – I went through 3 interviews with 3 different people. Good people. Fair questions about my sales experience and asked me to give examples of how I might close customers.

Interview Question – They asked me if I had any vices such as drinking, gambling or drug use. I don't but the direct question surprised me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. They offered and I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Tallahassee, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Camping World in January 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online, followed up with several phone calls to the (then) manager. Brought me in for an interview. Everyone I met seemed very nice, the place was neat and clean and bright. The interview was easy enough, just mainly telling me about the job and asking me about my experience and how I got to the point I was in my life.

Interview Question – Honestly can't remember any question being hard, as they were mostly based on my resume', so I could answer them quite easily.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much of a negotiation, more like, we're offering you $9/hour and you start Tuesday.

Cashier Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Camping World in February 2012.

Interview Details – saw two

Negotiation Details – they don't negotiate

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate and Parts Interview

Bartow, FL

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Camping World in May 2011.

Interview Details – Fill out application get a interview and really no experience needed for retail learn as you go

Negotiation Details – I transferred in from another store

Very Easy Interview

Service Manager Interview

Fayetteville, NC

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Camping World in February 2012.

Interview Details – I contacted the service director directly to see if there were any positions available and he stated that they were looking for someone with experience in the RV industry and asked if i could submit my resume. After I submitted it he called me back and told me that I have the job. There was no phone interview, personal interview, or panel. I guess because you can't find an experienced service manager for the RV industry since it's a small part of the service industry.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions or any kind of interview questions at all.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – He told me what the pay plan was which was extremely high for any kind of service manager in the industry and I accepted it.

RV Sales Associate Interview

RV Sales Associate

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Camping World.

Interview Details – none. offered position.

Negotiation Details – they tell you they want you to make a lot of money and then after about 2 weeks of working you will sign a document saying vaguely how much you will make. You will never know until you get your first check.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Camping World? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Camping World interview questions and advice. All 6 interview reviews posted anonymously by Camping World employees and interview candidates.