Camping World

Updated Jul 22, 2014
Updated Jul 22, 2014

1.8

RV Service Tech Interview

Not much of a interveiw when you have years of experience. They are also not interested in your experience as much as if you have worked for the company for a while. They make a lot of promises tat are never kept, so the company is just a revolving door. Have never met an unhappier group of people in my life. everone has been lied to and nothing is ever followed up on. we get a lot of one time customers in all departments. they should stick to selling RV trinkets and get away from service and leave it to professinal companies.

bad job

Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Camping World in February 2012.

saw two

they don't negotiate

RV Sales Associate Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Camping World.

none. offered position.

they tell you they want you to make a lot of money and then after about 2 weeks of working you will sign a document saying vaguely how much you will make. You will never know until you get your first check.

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fayetteville, NC

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Camping World in February 2012.

I contacted the service director directly to see if there were any positions available and he stated that they were looking for someone with experience in the RV industry and asked if i could submit my resume. After I submitted it he called me back and told me that I have the job. There was no phone interview, personal interview, or panel. I guess because you can't find an experienced service manager for the RV industry since it's a small part of the service industry.

Interview Questions
    • There were no unexpected questions or any kind of interview questions at all.   View Answer
    He told me what the pay plan was which was extremely high for any kind of service manager in the industry and I accepted it.

Sales Associate and Parts Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartow, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartow, FL

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Camping World in May 2011.

Fill out application get a interview and really no experience needed for retail learn as you go

I transferred in from another store

RV Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Camping World in January 2012.

I went through 3 interviews with 3 different people. Good people. Fair questions about my sales experience and asked me to give examples of how I might close customers.

Interview Questions
    • They asked me if I had any vices such as drinking, gambling or drug use. I don't but the direct question surprised me.   View Answer
    No negotiation. They offered and I accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tallahassee, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Camping World in January 2010.

Applied online, followed up with several phone calls to the (then) manager. Brought me in for an interview. Everyone I met seemed very nice, the place was neat and clean and bright. The interview was easy enough, just mainly telling me about the job and asking me about my experience and how I got to the point I was in my life.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly can't remember any question being hard, as they were mostly based on my resume', so I could answer them quite easily.   Answer Question
    Not much of a negotiation, more like, we're offering you $9/hour and you start Tuesday.