CampusPoint Interview Questions

1.7

Initial Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CampusPoint (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Very unorthodox. A group interview where individuals shared their job preference. The interviewer then talked about the company.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at CampusPoint.

Interview

a first step interview no matter what kink of position you are going to look for
    3-5 candidates and one hr manager

Interview Questions

• they asked candidates to pick up questions in a box randomly and then give answer immediately   Answer Question

Darigold AP Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

interviewed at CampusPoint (Seattle, WA) in October 2012.

Interview

Phone interview with Campus Point staff asking general questions regarding qualifications and availability

Phone interview again with Darigold recuiter. Asking general interview questions like

What is your strength
    How was your last job
    Why did you quit your last job

Contract Position Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online – interviewed at CampusPoint (Seattle, WA).

Interview

Walking in the door everything seemed friendly enough, and then the interviewing started. There are no individual interviews - just the group interview. Requests for individual interviews were not met with positive responses. It was as if I asked someone to clean up a mess. The fact I did not feel paid attention to was confirmed when I asked them what jobs they planned on helping me seek out - and it was totally different then what I was actually seeking. Wash, rinse and repeat similar experiences the next three times I dealt with them until I found something else on my own.

Interview Questions

• It would have been nice to be asked something about my specialty. Basically, I felt like the computer nerd trying to be placed by a well-meaning, but utterly clueless cheerleading squad. If you just have a AA or BA and you are looking for that first big job (and don't mind working with the kind of people who moved from the cool kid table, the Greek clubs and then onto this job), they'll probably be fine. If you have a higher level degree, are older than 25, or, gods help you, are trained for a certain specialty, do not bother.   Answer Question

I got a much better, and more appropriate offer elsewhere.

Anything Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CampusPoint (Seattle, WA) in August 2011.

Interview

This is hardly an "interview" in the traditional sense, so don't be nervous. Beyond the usual name, most recent job, and what are you looking for in a job, they only asked each of us one question drawn randomly from a hat. I think they just want to make sure that you can look the part and that you aren't a crazy person.

Interview Questions

• How would your friends and family describe you to a possible employer?   Answer Question

Temp Tern to Hire Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at CampusPoint (Seattle, WA) in July 2010.

Interview

The 'green light" process for all contract worker candidates is a pretty straightforward group interview. They take copies of your license or available ID for their records, ask a few questions about your career interests as a whole and explain a little bit about how their contracting service works. There's not much to be expected from this interview. It's mainly to weed out the few who may not appear to represent their candidate pool well. Not many will be turned away though, if any.

Interview Questions

I went out to interview for one of their contract jobs. It was for a Marketing Specialist position at a billion dollar+ a year in revenue fortune 500. They listed the salary for the position initially at well below market rate. I went anyway assuming the advertised salary meant very little for the right candidate. The Company in question was Univar in Redmond. Aside from the unfavorable commute, I really only liked one person on the team, the rest of which were pretty green and not in keeping with my past experience, or preference when it comes to co-workers. Then it came to Campus Point's advertised salary. Turns out they were firm on offering me 2/3 of what the lowest market rate would be in this industry, position, market, and for my experience. I did some digging around with companies I know who have used them before and found out they get all their contracts for positions by offering companies very low rates for their contract workers, on the promise that if they then transition the contractor over to the company they therefore cut out any opportunity to negotiate up to a more reasonable market rate. In the meantime, while the contractor works the assignment for a few months or so, the basic market rate - or all 3/3rds of the minimum salary one might expect for such a position - gets paid to campus point, and they skim a full 1/3 off the top before paying to the contractor. It seems as if they're an implement to reducing employee salaries and thats a domino effect I just cant support contributing to - even in the current economy. You can press for this information in their group interview but you wont get it, and likely will get dropped off their list of candidates for outwardly going against the grain. Any question you ask in this vein on a face to face or otherwise basis will be met by platitudes or broad generalizations. Essentially, they're there to sell you on them during the group interview process, not the other way around.

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at CampusPoint in August 2010.

Interview

• Started out by filling out information and tax forms
    • 10 candidates interviewed at the same time
    • 2 interviewers
    • Interviewers started out by explaining how CampusPoint works
    • 3 questions – 2 general, 1 specific
    1. What kind of position are you looking for, where did you go to school and how did you hear about CampusPoint? Are you looking for temp work or permanent work?
    2. In the next question, we each drew random questions from a bag. My question was, “what kind of environment do you feel most comfortable in?”
    3. Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?

The whole process took about one hour. Make sure you arrive early to start filling out tax forms. The recruiters seem laid-back. You might want to be prepared for off the wall questions from the session where we grabbed random questions from a bag.

Interview Questions

• What kind of environment do you feel most comfortable in?   1 Answer

General Screening Interview

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at CampusPoint in May 2009.

Interview

General screening interview to get more information about CampusPoint and to give more information on my interests. About 2/3 of the interview was filling out forms or getting more information on how CampusPoint works since they are a recruiting firm. The other 1/3 of the interview was spent answering straighforward personality questions geared towards understanding qualifications and job preferences.