CampusPoint

Very Easy Interview

Temp Tern to Hire Interview

Temp Tern to Hire
Seattle, WA

The process took a day - interviewed at CampusPoint in July 2010.

Interview Details – The 'green light" process for all contract worker candidates is a pretty straightforward group interview. They take copies of your license or available ID for their records, ask a few questions about your career interests as a whole and explain a little bit about how their contracting service works. There's not much to be expected from this interview. It's mainly to weed out the few who may not appear to represent their candidate pool well. Not many will be turned away though, if any.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I went out to interview for one of their contract jobs. It was for a Marketing Specialist position at a billion dollar+ a year in revenue fortune 500. They listed the salary for the position initially at well below market rate. I went anyway assuming the advertised salary meant very little for the right candidate. The Company in question was Univar in Redmond. Aside from the unfavorable commute, I really only liked one person on the team, the rest of which were pretty green and not in keeping with my past experience, or preference when it comes to co-workers. Then it came to Campus Point's advertised salary. Turns out they were firm on offering me 2/3 of what the lowest market rate would be in this industry, position, market, and for my experience. I did some digging around with companies I know who have used them before and found out they get all their contracts for positions by offering companies very low rates for their contract workers, on the promise that if they then transition the contractor over to the company they therefore cut out any opportunity to negotiate up to a more reasonable market rate. In the meantime, while the contractor works the assignment for a few months or so, the basic market rate - or all 3/3rds of the minimum salary one might expect for such a position - gets paid to campus point, and they skim a full 1/3 off the top before paying to the contractor. It seems as if they're an implement to reducing employee salaries and thats a domino effect I just cant support contributing to - even in the current economy. You can press for this information in their group interview but you wont get it, and likely will get dropped off their list of candidates for outwardly going against the grain. Any question you ask in this vein on a face to face or otherwise basis will be met by platitudes or broad generalizations. Essentially, they're there to sell you on them during the group interview process, not the other way around.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for CampusPoint? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CampusPoint Temp Tern to Hire interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by CampusPoint employees and interview candidates.