Canaccord

2.8

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

interviewed at Canaccord in November 2013.

I applied online through my University career website. The process took around 10 days in total and I had my first 1:1 interview on campus. It was done by a University alumn who worked as an Analyst at Canaccord, the questions were mostly behavioral, What's your story? Why are you interested in Finance? Why Canaccord? There were few technicals, Cash flows, DCFs etc.

Help Desk Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canaccord in April 2013.

Resume of appropriate length (2-3 pages), perfect grammar, know details about the position you're applying for, research the company your applying for, have questions ready, have examples ready of why you'd be the best person for the job, sell what you can do for the company based on past experiences. Use examples as much as possible and include details to prove you know what you're talking about.

Interview Questions
    • Why should I hire you over the other applicants that have years more experience?   Answer Question

Investment Bank Associate Interview

two round of interview in person . first round with a director, then interviewed with managing director. first round is important, went though the resume ask about the past experience, the task you did, etc

Summer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Canaccord in January 2013.

The interviewers were very unfriendly, have not smiled even at once during the interview. Asked very difficult technical questions, especially regarding LBO models. Although it is well known that investment bankers have huge conflicts of interest, most of them try to conceal that. In Canaccord Genuity's case though, they directly asked questions on how to tweak models.

Interview Questions
    • What assumptions one needs to tweak to reach a higher IRR in the LBO model?   Answer Question

Marketing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at Canaccord in December 2009.

Contacted by telephone to set up interview for the following day. Interviewed by 2 individuals, but interview consisted more of them telling me about the position and about their own experiences. Had one question about my top 3 strengths. Afterwards was contacted later in the day and offered the job.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Canaccord in August 2009.

The SVP interviewed me and asked me questions about past experience, knowledge about MOM funds, about the firm itself. Interview was 30 minutes and he also asked about salary expectations, ability to work long hours and financial modeling experience and accounting skills.

Interview Questions
    • 5 things you would look at when evaluating a fund manager   Answer Question

Worked for Canaccord? Contribute to the Community!