Canada Law Book Interview Questions & Reviews

3 interviews

2.0

Production Editor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Aurora, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Canada Law Book in March 2007.

I was already working on contract when I applied. Internal postings are also posted externally (makes no sense, I know). The interview was with a manager and a human resources person. The questions were fairly typical: things like "Tell me about a time when you had to overcome a challenge".

Interview Questions
    • None of the questions were unexpected, because they always ask the same sorts of questions. "Can you give an example of a time when you had to be set priorities?"   View Answer
    • "Can you tell us about a time when you had to overcome a challenge?"   View Answer
    There is no negotiation (although I have heard that some of the men have been able to negotiate a bit more). Otherwise, the salary offered is all you'll get.

Editorial Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Aurora, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Aurora, ON (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canada Law Book in May 2007.

The initial interview was with two supervisors and a human resources associate. The HR associate was clearly uncomfortable and the questions were awkward. The supervisors were a bit more natural, but even their questions seemed like they'd found them on the Internet. "Tell us about a time when you had to prioritize tasks?"

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about a time when you faced a challenge.   View Answer
    • What are some of your weaknesses?   View Answer

The salary was too low.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Aurora, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Aurora, ON (Canada)

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canada Law Book in October 2008.

I had to submit answers to a pre-defined questionnaire stating why I wanted to join the company & what skills I have & include this with my cover letter.

I had two interviews, bother were extremely short - under 20 minutes. One of the interviewers appeared no interested in the interview & gave the impression they would rather be somewhere else. Interview questions did appear to be taken from a list you can find off the internet & appeared to be not structured around the job I was being interviewed for.

The 2nd interview was pretty much the same format, with some of the same questions being asked. The 2nd interview gave the impression that it was arranged in a rush & that any notes from the previous interview were not studied (hence duplication in questions asked).

I was not given a tour of the facilities, but when being escorted to & from the meeting room, it appeared to be clean & recently re-furbished. But the atmosphere was extremely quiet, which could be perceived as a little unsettling.

After the 2nd interview I was emailed a link to an online personality test. Basically, it you were asked the same questions twice (but phrased differently) about how you would deal with specific situations.

Interview Questions
    • Have you ever had a conflict with another co-worker & if you were able to get your differences resolved, how did you achieve that?   View Answer
    • Why do you feel your suitable for this position?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Canada Law Book

Worked for Canada Law Book? Contribute to the Community!