Canada Post

Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.9

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Canada Post.

I applied online on the Canada Post website. I had the interview 11 days after the closing date of the job ad. Two people interviewed me, the lead and the assistant manager. They were both great to talk to. There were overall 14 interview questions but they skip some if you answered it in the previous question. I was told four weeks later that I did great in the interview but did not have enough relevant experience (just graduated). Overall, a very positive process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about the time you had to come up with a creative solution to a problem. All questions were behavioral.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Canada Post.

called in for interview, people very nice . Taken in for 1 on 1 interview. I was asked numerous math questions and questions regarding customer service, and also how I would handle unhappy co-workers who were not there to help the company.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about 20 questions during interview, with some written questions and timed for answers. Mostly about customer service and math questions.   Answer Question

Postal Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post.

1st step was the written test, which had 5sections and you have 5 mins to do 40 questions per section, was hard only because i felt under pressure since it was timed. 2nd step was the interview one on one with 2 supervisors, was way easier than the test. They describe the job position and if you liked it they continued with the interview. Its was 3 questions. Pretty easy one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • 1) what would you do if a manager came up to you and said you made a mistake. 2) if a team player is slow at his job what would u do. 3) if you came to work and saw the workplace messy and not safe what would you do. And then if you had any questions for them   Answer Question

Mail Service Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canada Post in November 2014.

1. On-line application
    2. GAT
    3. 1:1 interview (general hiring questions based on the experience)
    4. Road test
    5. Please note that not all candidates who passed the given tests will be contacted. Not selected those are not to be contacted even though they passed all the tests.

RSMC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post.

I uploaded my resume and personal details on the Canada Post web site for jobs. I got a call a few months later for an on call relief mail carrier but declined because I wanted a permenant position. I then specified in my resume and cover letter that I was interested in becoming a RSMC and applied for a fulltime posting. I was called within a week for an interview. I was interviewed by one lady. She asked me a series of questions regarding how I would handle certain situations. I watched a short film about what goes on in the rsmc mail department and I was given a timed test which is easy math but unnerving when you are being timed and watched.

Holiday Postal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post in October 2014.

Super nice HR team who provide tips on how to pass the exam. There are about 5 sections which are timed. Note that they do not tell u how much time you have left. The sections are as follows, compare and contrast addresses, memorization of addresses, basic math of large numbers and reading comprehension

Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post in October 2014.

I applied online, they responded to me by email 4 days later inviting me for an interview. The 1st interview was conducted by two managers and they both took turns to ask me competency questions.In total, they asked 5 questions. The next step was a second interview with the manager in charge/overlooked the whole department. By 3 hours later, Canada Post emailed to come for a second interview. Attended the interview and met with the head manager and he only asked 3 questions..1) what skills,knowledge and experience do u have to bring into this position 2)Name 5 skills which you would consider to make you a high performer Representative 3) Where do u see yourself 3 to 5 years from now? Very easy, I might add..by the end of the week, I received a call and was offered the position.

No negotiation as its a union based position, even though I did not even push to negotiate.

My advice ...always studying the job specs and what it entails.

Analyst/Process Engineer Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post.

There were two round of interviews, first there was a technical assessment including a knowledge on basic Process Engineering ( Process Mapping, Takt Time, Lead time ,... ) basic Excel skills and DMAIC methodologies plus Auto Cad assessment. The Second run was focused on typical behavioral questions and professional skills performed by three members of managerial Panel. The interview was straightforward and they were friendly.

Interview Questions
    • what is the innovative actions you've been responsible in previous positions? ( examples should have been different from Decision making and execution skills )   Answer Question

Delivery Mail Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Canada Post.

They have a good benfet but after one year at least.the interview is so easy and the people there very helpful. But you have to work very very fast to take your benfet.

Driver Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Canada Post.

lengthy but worth it. The jobs as really good benefits and an amazing pension plan. But in the beginning they call you on temp which is difficult in the beginning.

Interview Questions
    • how would you treat an angry customer who has not who has not received his pension cheque ?   View Answer