Canada Post Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

Invited by email for an interview. But the decision process dragged on farther than what was promised. Poor lack of communication on their side. Very unprofessional especially for an hr position. Completely disappointed.

Interview Questions

• Behavior based questions- tell me a time you made a decision that your manager would usually make.   Answer Question

Manager, Workforce Management and Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canada Post (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2015.

Interview

First interview with HR was over the phone for 15-20 minutes...just background questions. (Easy) Second interview was with the hiring Director and a peer of the role. All questions were behavioral and answers needed to relate back to CP's core values. (Medium difficulty, just be sure to review 5-6 examples of good work that you can reference for these.) Third Interview was with the Director again and then meeting the future team, direct reports and peers in separate meetings. (Easy, very conversational.) Fourth step, criminal background check and references. References were emailed a five page questionnaire and then some were randomly called. The process was very slow; I applied for the position on April 15th and was eventually turned down on July 2nd.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell us about a time when you had to convince someone of something... 2. Describe a situation in which you demonstrated (insert characteristic)   Answer Question

Process Engineering Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview consisted of 5 behavioral based questions with 4 interviewers in the same room taking turns asking you the 5 questions. Started off with pretty basic (get to know you type of questions) Interviewers were all very friendly and nice to talk to. They accommodated my time schedule (although they were 15 min late) as well.

Letter Carrier Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

Non existent - Walked in and had talk with Supervisor, hired - There was no interview - many years ago when workers that wanted to work part time hours were hired without alot or any experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

- Online Application - You get contacted within a month if selected. - First step is the aptitude test; Takes about 2 hours; Passing the test is required for the next stage. - Second step is the interview. Questions are customer service orientated. - Third step is the physical exam. - Last step is the offer letter. You are required to do some on boarding paperwork.

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

The interviewers talked about themselves and the position and asked me about myself. Interview was behavioural questions. They ask questions based on leadership behaviours (accountability, execution, decision making,etc). Only one of the questions asked about technical experience relating to the job.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to work with others and what was the result?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever executed a project and were unhappy with the end results?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to lead people   Answer Question

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canada Post (North Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

There's the route, do it. No real interview, just see supervisor at station, and your hired and documented later. They couldn't staff any routes at that point in time. What more do you want it was we'll take anybody at that point, as long as you were breathing..

Postal Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call about 2 weeks later to come in for written exam. The exam took approx. 1.5 hrs and focused on various work related tasks. The exam was marked same day, after which I was asked to schedule an appt. for a behaviorial interview a week later.

Interview Questions

• All questions were quite basic and common sense questions.   Answer Question

On call position offered, and I was seeking permanent.

Temp On Call Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canada Post (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2015.

Interview

behavioral questions, will ask you questions on how to handle a situation based on your experience. average questions that can be easily answered if you have done it before. Not a lot of questions asked.

Retail Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Canada Post (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

Easier than stealing candy from a baby. All I had to do was tell the interviewer what they wanted to hear. Once I got my job, I pretty much do whatever I want.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I get a salary raise every year