Canada Post

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews

Very Difficult Interview

Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Canada Post in October 2012.

Interview Details – one month reply after apply on line
one week later I got a call for GTA test
one week later I got a call for interview test-I failed
they have sent a letter that they don't process my application further.
even though I submitted all documents that include company experience, T4 etc

Interview Question – When you resolved a problem with a teammate whose actions you did not agree with   View Answer

Very Difficult Interview

Postal Clerk Interview

Postal Clerk
Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in September 2013.

Interview Details – Had to write a General Abilities Test (GAT), if successful, will go on to have an interview. My interview was 5 situational-behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Something to do with racism, finishing work early, how to deal with an unruly co-worker, what to do with new equipment, have you ever received good feedback   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Canada Post in February 2009.

Interview Details – Series of tests and interviews.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to make a judgement call to go above your direct boss?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wasn't one. The offer was acceptable.

Supervisor

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very pleasant. Personality profile type interview. Normally there would be 2-3 in the interview, but I just had one. The HR lady was extremely open about what to expect on the job, as well as salary, scheduling, and work culture. I felt very comfortable and left without any unanswered questions. I asked blunt questions about things I had heard and she was really open and up front about things. She took a lot of notes, writing down key phrases I had said. Overall, probably one of the smartest, most open interviews I've ever been through.

Interview Question – How do you handle conflict in the work place?   Answer Question

Postmaster Interview

Postmaster

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Canada Post in August 2008.

Interview Details – the interview took a long time to set up

Interview Questions

Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – it is competency based; remember STAR

Interview Question – give us an example of when you were in team environment and you had to conivnce someone to do something   View Answer

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – A general aptitude test. then seasonal work .If they like your work they hire u .

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – Hiring is done by resume and waiting for a call. If you are unlucky enough to be called, you will then spend several weeks being evaluated. I don't understand why there is a 50 word minimum. There is nothing else to put into this box already! Once upon a time there was a little girl named Goldilocks.

Interview Question – I don't think that there are any unexpected questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not applicable

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – Applied internally online, no phone interview this time. Multiple positions posted and I had applied more than once. Although I asked questions to HR, they did not respond.
Met with hiring director and another director that we would be working together with. Behavioural interview. Also was asked to prepare a deck on a sample project and present.

Interview Question – can't think of one. typical behavioural interview questions   Answer Question

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in May 2013.

Interview Details – The application process is done electronically through the canada post careers website. I submitted my resume and after a couple of weeks I received a call and did a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview process you then have to complete an online skills test. This test confirms you have a good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word. You will need to have a decent understanding of both. If you pass this stage then you get called for a formal interview. The interview was a panel interview attended by 3 Canada post personnel. One person essentially is the witness and 2 individuals are actually conducting the interview. The interview consisted of examples of past job experience and how it ties into the current job you are applying for.

Interview Question – Name a time where things didn't go your way. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The job is a unionized position. it was a contract position.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Canada Post

Worked for Canada Post? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canada Post interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by Canada Post employees and interview candidates.