Canada Post

51 candidate interviews

Postmaster Interview

Postmaster

Interviewed at Canada Post

Interview Details – role playing based interview, points, written test.

Interview Question – How would you handle long term absences   Answer Question

Interviewed at Canada Post

Interview Details – Very pleasant. Interviewer encourages and supports you to reach the answer to the question.

Interview Question – Asked about the steps to resolve an issue. What actions you take to get results   Answer Question

Process Engineer Interview

Process Engineer
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – Through university and in person. Interview was kind of rigourous with numerous questions. Asked numerous behavioral questions as well as personality questions. There was an Auto Cad quiz at the end. Overall interview took an hour.

Interview Question – Autocad quiz at the end.   Answer Question

Volume Counter Interview

Volume Counter

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – Check the Canada Post careers website. If there is a count going on in your area there will be a listing. Apply online. I sent my resume, as well as a cover letter explaining why I thought I would do well in the position.

There is no interview process as this is a temporary position. Instead, if you are accepted you will be contacted by email or by phone through HR and asked to supply scans of personal documents. This is used to complete a security check. If you pass this a few days later you will get another email with an offer! During which they will ask you to fill out, sign, and return a bunch of paperwork.

After all that all you have to do is show up to training and you are in.

Postal Clerk Po4 Interview

Postal Clerk Po4

I applied online and interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – Start as a seasonal worker in X'mas, apply to become a regular full time worker after seasonal term done, waited 2 month and they contact me for a interview, but the interview is for becoming a on-call base worker.

Interview Question – Start with an exam, basic math, memories and communication skills, follow by 2 interviews with cpc supvisors.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Be positive attitude when the interview comes and show them they you are physically fit and able to some physical work.

Very Easy Interview

Postal Clerk Interview

Postal Clerk

I applied in-person and interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – At the time that I was hired my mother knew someone who worked at the post office. This person kept an track of when they were taking applications and called us whenever they knew this was happening. My sister and I went down and applied at the same time as about one hundred other people. Although neither of us had any other work or volunteer experience we both got called for interviews. We were both hired as casual employees. I would say that all employees start as term casuals and that is how they weed out the employees they don't want.

Interview Question – I was interviewed by two people at the same time. There were no difficult questions that I recall. Had to lift a heavy weight properly. They really screen their hires by hiring them as short term casuals before hiring them full-time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation for postal clerk other than through the union

Very Easy Interview

RSMC Interview

RSMC
Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in June 2008.

Interview Details – My interview with Canada Post was completely professional and I was made very comfortable doing the Gat test and the supervisors were there to help...I been working there for so long that I really didn't get a formal interview based on my exp with the company...The company knew they can always count on me when they needed me....

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation...I was offered a position that suited me and I accepted it...

Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Canada Post in December 2010.

Interview Details – Depending on how desperate they are, you will be pushed through in a week. You start off with basic testing, then you have the interview, and from there you go make sure you can pass the physical aspect of the job. After that you are in, and starting off as a temporary employee.

Interview Question – Role playing as a Letter Carrier/Customer, pretend a customer is mad at you for not having his pension cheque.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, it is a government job after all.

Summer Student Interview

Summer Student
Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied for summer student positions both in Ottawa and Toronto in March. A month later the HR emailed me to set up a phone interview. It was a easy interview, containing about five behavioral questions, like "describe a situation in which you lead a team/ handle a conflict/ overcome a difficulty/ make a quick decision".

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple, basic questions, knowledge test for direction and math. Basic driving test, police back ground check. There's nothing that is surprising, interviewer not overly intelligent , a shame however not uncommon.

Interview Question – How to get to a specific address   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, union work place

Worked for Canada Post? Contribute to the Community!