Canada Post Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2015

2.8

Temp On Call Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Canada Post in February 2015.

behavioral questions, will ask you questions on how to handle a situation based on your experience. average questions that can be easily answered if you have done it before. Not a lot of questions asked.

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatineau, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canada Post in November 2014.

Beyond the initial general capacities test (basic math, arranging numbers in order, identifying and understanding rules and policies), the actual interview is in-person with the supervisor of a mail depot. It is not long, perhaps 20 minutes. They will have your CV already and the results from your test, and so it is largely a formality to see if you understand the position, the nature of the schedule (part-time, temporary, on-call for the first 6 months) and can work well in a team and independently.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work as a Letter Carrier?   View Answer
    • What is your driving experience?   View Answer
    • Can you work in varied weather, changeable conditions, carrying heavy loads?   View Answer

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canada Post.

There's the route, do it. No real interview, just see supervisor at station, and your hired and documented later. They couldn't staff any routes at that point in time. What more do you want it was we'll take anybody at that point, as long as you were breathing..

Retail Business Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Easier than stealing candy from a baby. All I had to do was tell the interviewer what they wanted to hear. Once I got my job, I pretty much do whatever I want.

Interview Questions
    I get a salary raise every year

Postal Clerk Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canada Post.

Applied online. Received a call about 2 weeks later to come in for written exam. The exam took approx. 1.5 hrs and focused on various work related tasks. The exam was marked same day, after which I was asked to schedule an appt. for a behaviorial interview a week later.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were quite basic and common sense questions.   Answer Question

On call position offered, and I was seeking permanent.

Assistant Product Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Canada Post.

I applied online on the Canada Post website. I had the interview 11 days after the closing date of the job ad. Two people interviewed me, the lead and the assistant manager. They were both great to talk to. There were overall 14 interview questions but they skip some if you answered it in the previous question. I was told four weeks later that I did great in the interview but did not have enough relevant experience (just graduated). Overall, a very positive process.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about the time you had to come up with a creative solution to a problem. All questions were behavioral.   Answer Question

Mail Service Courier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canada Post in November 2014.

1. On-line application
    2. GAT
    3. 1:1 interview (general hiring questions based on the experience)
    4. Road test
    5. Please note that not all candidates who passed the given tests will be contacted. Not selected those are not to be contacted even though they passed all the tests.

Customer Service Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Canada Post.

called in for interview, people very nice . Taken in for 1 on 1 interview. I was asked numerous math questions and questions regarding customer service, and also how I would handle unhappy co-workers who were not there to help the company.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about 20 questions during interview, with some written questions and timed for answers. Mostly about customer service and math questions.   Answer Question

Postal Clerk Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post.

1st step was the written test, which had 5sections and you have 5 mins to do 40 questions per section, was hard only because i felt under pressure since it was timed. 2nd step was the interview one on one with 2 supervisors, was way easier than the test. They describe the job position and if you liked it they continued with the interview. Its was 3 questions. Pretty easy one on one interview.

Interview Questions
    • 1) what would you do if a manager came up to you and said you made a mistake. 2) if a team player is slow at his job what would u do. 3) if you came to work and saw the workplace messy and not safe what would you do. And then if you had any questions for them   Answer Question

Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post in October 2014.

I applied online, they responded to me by email 4 days later inviting me for an interview. The 1st interview was conducted by two managers and they both took turns to ask me competency questions.In total, they asked 5 questions. The next step was a second interview with the manager in charge/overlooked the whole department. By 3 hours later, Canada Post emailed to come for a second interview. Attended the interview and met with the head manager and he only asked 3 questions..1) what skills,knowledge and experience do u have to bring into this position 2)Name 5 skills which you would consider to make you a high performer Representative 3) Where do u see yourself 3 to 5 years from now? Very easy, I might add..by the end of the week, I received a call and was offered the position.

No negotiation as its a union based position, even though I did not even push to negotiate.

My advice ...always studying the job specs and what it entails.