Canada Post

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.9

Postal Clerk Po4 Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post.

Start as a seasonal worker in X'mas, apply to become a regular full time worker after seasonal term done, waited 2 month and they contact me for a interview, but the interview is for becoming a on-call base worker.

Interview Questions
    • Start with an exam, basic math, memories and communication skills, follow by 2 interviews with cpc supvisors.   Answer Question
    Be positive attitude when the interview comes and show them they you are physically fit and able to some physical work.

Mail Service Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at Canada Post in July 2014.

apply on line , 3 weeks later GAT testing couple of hours (General Abilities test) - general questions and numerical quizzes and memory - if you have a lot of common sense you will do well also. A week after passing GAT's then an Interview is scheduled with two Supervisors. Again if you have a good clear mind and great customer service skills and common sense you should do well. Then a week later is the Road Evaluation approx. 1.5 hours. - total time invested now is 4 weeks - next step if you pass the road eval and other steps is a 2 week training course including an 8 hour Positive Driving Program in class to obtain a VOP (Vehicle Operators Permit)..... approx. 8 weeks (2 month process)

Interview Questions
    • found none difficult as they all pertain to your own experiences - so your answers are your right answers based on your experiences....   View Answer
    n/a

Letter Carrier Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Canada Post in June 2014.

(1) GAT - general aptitude test, you have to pass this test. Its not easy and not hard(memory, math with out using calculator). But, lots of people won't pass this test. ration of pass is 10:4. (2) If you pass GAT, then interview won't be so difficult. (3) Road test - make sure you practice on big van or truck, especially backing park. (4) health test - BP, heart rate, work focus.
     Then there will be 3 weeks training where you have to sort 120 letters in 10 min. practice, practice, practice !!
      After that they will assign a Depo where you have to give a route, you need to deliver all mail with in your time limit. This part would be hardest one even you got all training. If you make it, you will continue in Canada Post otherwise no!!

Summer Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Canada Post in May 2014.

I applied for summer student positions both in Ottawa and Toronto in March. A month later the HR emailed me to set up a phone interview. It was a easy interview, containing about five behavioral questions, like "describe a situation in which you lead a team/ handle a conflict/ overcome a difficulty/ make a quick decision".

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post.

Passed the GAT test. In person interview scheduled a couple of days later. 7 questions. Something about a time you wanted feedback. An angry person wondering where his mail was. Working in a team environment. How you juggled a few activities while being stressed.

Interview Questions
    • Something about a colleague wanted to cut corners and followed procedures that were detrimental to the company   Answer Question

Inside Postal Worker PO4 Interview

online application, general ability tests and then in person interview. Interview write your answers and past to HR to review

Interview Questions
    • can you give a example how you deal with difficult coworkers?   Answer Question

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canada Post in February 2014.

Completed entire hiring process in one week including: Aptitude test (Sunday),Interview (Tuesday), Physical capabilities test (Wednesday), and driving test (Friday)

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was in regards to a time that I experienced conflict on the job and how I reacted to it.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Postmaster Interview

role playing based interview, points, written test.

Postal Clerk Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Canada Post.

At the time that I was hired my mother knew someone who worked at the post office. This person kept an track of when they were taking applications and called us whenever they knew this was happening. My sister and I went down and applied at the same time as about one hundred other people. Although neither of us had any other work or volunteer experience we both got called for interviews. We were both hired as casual employees. I would say that all employees start as term casuals and that is how they weed out the employees they don't want.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewed by two people at the same time. There were no difficult questions that I recall. Had to lift a heavy weight properly. They really screen their hires by hiring them as short term casuals before hiring them full-time.   Answer Question
    there is no negotiation for postal clerk other than through the union

Mail Service Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canada Post in November 2013.

I actually applied online two years ago,got called for to the abilities test ,never showed up,I got black listed for like two yrs after that,re-applied in Sept,did the GAT,passed that,passed the interview,passed my driving test.security clearance now,HOW LONG ?

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question,basic behavioral /situational questions,   Answer Question
    Basically told me I had the job after driving test,now I have to wait for Security Clerance......