Canada Post Interview Questions

Updated Oct 13, 2014
Updated Oct 13, 2014

2.9

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post.

Passed the GAT test. In person interview scheduled a couple of days later. 7 questions. Something about a time you wanted feedback. An angry person wondering where his mail was. Working in a team environment. How you juggled a few activities while being stressed.

Interview Questions
    • Something about a colleague wanted to cut corners and followed procedures that were detrimental to the company   Answer Question

Inside Postal Worker PO4 Interview

online application, general ability tests and then in person interview. Interview write your answers and past to HR to review

Interview Questions
    • can you give a example how you deal with difficult coworkers?   Answer Question

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canada Post in February 2014.

Completed entire hiring process in one week including: Aptitude test (Sunday),Interview (Tuesday), Physical capabilities test (Wednesday), and driving test (Friday)

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was in regards to a time that I experienced conflict on the job and how I reacted to it.   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Postmaster Interview

role playing based interview, points, written test.

Postal Clerk Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Canada Post.

At the time that I was hired my mother knew someone who worked at the post office. This person kept an track of when they were taking applications and called us whenever they knew this was happening. My sister and I went down and applied at the same time as about one hundred other people. Although neither of us had any other work or volunteer experience we both got called for interviews. We were both hired as casual employees. I would say that all employees start as term casuals and that is how they weed out the employees they don't want.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewed by two people at the same time. There were no difficult questions that I recall. Had to lift a heavy weight properly. They really screen their hires by hiring them as short term casuals before hiring them full-time.   Answer Question
    there is no negotiation for postal clerk other than through the union

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Medicine Hat, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Canada Post in November 2013.

A skills test is scheduled first; this consists of a few sections including reading comprehension, memory, basic mathematics, and address matching. It's very functional in that the skills tested are the skills used while on the job.
    If you pass the skills test, then a physical test is scheduled; this is also very functional in that it tests the same physical skills required for the actual job. If you are in somewhat decent shape, it shouldn't be difficult.
    If you pass the physical test, then a personal interview is scheduled with management at the local depot. It was very standard, with a brief explanation of the job requirements and a few very simple questions for the applicant.

Interview Questions
    • On the original online application, a question of how you would deal with a customer who is upset that the mail is late (due to an overload of mail that day and extended sorting time).   View Answer
    "We would like to offer you the position."

Mail Service Courier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canada Post in November 2013.

I actually applied online two years ago,got called for to the abilities test ,never showed up,I got black listed for like two yrs after that,re-applied in Sept,did the GAT,passed that,passed the interview,passed my driving test.security clearance now,HOW LONG ?

Interview Questions
    • There was no difficult question,basic behavioral /situational questions,   Answer Question
    Basically told me I had the job after driving test,now I have to wait for Security Clerance......

Postal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canada Post in October 2013.

I was offered the General Ability Test. After completion, they will ask you to stay so you could know your result. If you pass, you are schedule for an interview. The interview consist of behavior and situation questions.

Interview Questions
    • The General Ability Test (GAT) is consist of multiple parts: math skills, memorization skills, comparison skills, reading comprehension,...etc.
      The interview is one to one, a supervisor would ask you behavior and situation questions. They record your response and pass it on to the HR department.
        Answer Question
    There are no Negotiation phase.

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Four interview process. #1 Attend a GAT. Covers memorization, basic math, reading comprehension. #2 is an interview where they ask you behavioural questions. #3 is a physical test; carrying weights and walking a distance, lifting weights, putting pegs into slots (heart rate must remain lower then 160bpm). #4 is a driving test in a step van, need to be able to backup, and know general rules of the road.

Interview Questions
    • If you are late delivering mail, and a person confronts you who is upset that you are later then usual, what do you tell them?   View Answers (2)
    No negotiation, wage is set.

On-Call Relief Mail Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canmore, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canmore, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canada Post in October 2013.

Interview arranged through a phone call/email communication with an Analyst for HR with Canada Post, after online application submission. Met with a two person panel that spent time describing position and responsibilities, both very nice and open to answering questions to the best of their abilities. Wrote a brief 10 minute test (that was not difficult at all), and then spent about 30 - 40 minutes answering working scenario-based questions.

Overall process was pleasant, with interviewers being very friendly, and questions not being at all out of line or overly difficult to answer. The only frustrating part was the waiting (I did not hear anything until about 4 weeks after my interviewers had hoped to make their choice known). I'm guessing that with the levels of bureaucracy that are most likely present, decisions and action may not always come quickly.

Interview Questions
    • How would I deal with difficult co-workers or workplace situations; what steps would I take to resolve the situation? I felt this difficult to answer without knowing what existing workplace policies already exist.   Answer Question