Canada Post

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

London, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Canada Post in February 2014.

Interview Details – Completed entire hiring process in one week including: Aptitude test (Sunday),Interview (Tuesday), Physical capabilities test (Wednesday), and driving test (Friday)

Interview Question – The most difficult question was in regards to a time that I experienced conflict on the job and how I reacted to it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Postmaster Interview

Postmaster

Interviewed at Canada Post

Interview Details – role playing based interview, points, written test.

Interview Question – How would you handle long term absences   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Postal Clerk

I applied in-person and interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – At the time that I was hired my mother knew someone who worked at the post office. This person kept an track of when they were taking applications and called us whenever they knew this was happening. My sister and I went down and applied at the same time as about one hundred other people. Although neither of us had any other work or volunteer experience we both got called for interviews. We were both hired as casual employees. I would say that all employees start as term casuals and that is how they weed out the employees they don't want.

Interview Question – I was interviewed by two people at the same time. There were no difficult questions that I recall. Had to lift a heavy weight properly. They really screen their hires by hiring them as short term casuals before hiring them full-time.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there is no negotiation for postal clerk other than through the union

On-Call Relief Mail Carrier Interview

On-Call Relief Mail Carrier
Canmore, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Canada Post in October 2013.

Interview Details – Interview arranged through a phone call/email communication with an Analyst for HR with Canada Post, after online application submission. Met with a two person panel that spent time describing position and responsibilities, both very nice and open to answering questions to the best of their abilities. Wrote a brief 10 minute test (that was not difficult at all), and then spent about 30 - 40 minutes answering working scenario-based questions.

Overall process was pleasant, with interviewers being very friendly, and questions not being at all out of line or overly difficult to answer. The only frustrating part was the waiting (I did not hear anything until about 4 weeks after my interviewers had hoped to make their choice known). I'm guessing that with the levels of bureaucracy that are most likely present, decisions and action may not always come quickly.

Interview Question – How would I deal with difficult co-workers or workplace situations; what steps would I take to resolve the situation? I felt this difficult to answer without knowing what existing workplace policies already exist.   Answer Question

Mail Service Courier Interview

Mail Service Courier
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in November 2013.

Interview Details – I actually applied online two years ago,got called for to the abilities test ,never showed up,I got black listed for like two yrs after that,re-applied in Sept,did the GAT,passed that,passed the interview,passed my driving test.security clearance now,HOW LONG ?

Interview Question – There was no difficult question,basic behavioral /situational questions,   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basically told me I had the job after driving test,now I have to wait for Security Clerance......

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in October 2013.

Interview Details – Four interview process. #1 Attend a GAT. Covers memorization, basic math, reading comprehension. #2 is an interview where they ask you behavioural questions. #3 is a physical test; carrying weights and walking a distance, lifting weights, putting pegs into slots (heart rate must remain lower then 160bpm). #4 is a driving test in a step van, need to be able to backup, and know general rules of the road.

Interview Question – If you are late delivering mail, and a person confronts you who is upset that you are later then usual, what do you tell them?   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, wage is set.

Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Interview Details – I was offered the General Ability Test. After completion, they will ask you to stay so you could know your result. If you pass, you are schedule for an interview. The interview consist of behavior and situation questions.

Interview Question – The General Ability Test (GAT) is consist of multiple parts: math skills, memorization skills, comparison skills, reading comprehension,...etc.
The interview is one to one, a supervisor would ask you behavior and situation questions. They record your response and pass it on to the HR department.
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There are no Negotiation phase.

Very Difficult Interview

Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in September 2013.

Interview Details – Had to write a General Abilities Test (GAT), if successful, will go on to have an interview. My interview was 5 situational-behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Something to do with racism, finishing work early, how to deal with an unruly co-worker, what to do with new equipment, have you ever received good feedback   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – it is competency based; remember STAR

Interview Question – give us an example of when you were in team environment and you had to conivnce someone to do something   View Answer

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Canada Post in August 2012.

Interview Details – Good interview experience. Questions were all behavioral based; i.e. give example of a time you had a conflict with co-worker and how you dealt with it.

Interview Question – be prepared to discuss your past job experiences in response to behavioral questions   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Canada Post

Worked for Canada Post? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canada Post interview questions and advice. All 50 interview reviews posted anonymously by Canada Post employees and interview candidates.