Canada Post Interview Questions

Updated Jul 23, 2015

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

I applied online on the Canada Post website. I had the interview 11 days after the closing date of the job ad. Two people interviewed me, the lead and the assistant manager. They were both great to talk to. There were overall 14 interview questions but they skip some if you answered it in the previous question. I was told four weeks later that I did great in the interview but did not have enough relevant experience (just graduated). Overall, a very positive process.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about the time you had to come up with a creative solution to a problem. All questions were behavioral.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

called in for interview, people very nice . Taken in for 1 on 1 interview. I was asked numerous math questions and questions regarding customer service, and also how I would handle unhappy co-workers who were not there to help the company.

Interview Questions

• Asked about 20 questions during interview, with some written questions and timed for answers. Mostly about customer service and math questions.   Answer Question

Postal Clerk Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

1st step was the written test, which had 5sections and you have 5 mins to do 40 questions per section, was hard only because i felt under pressure since it was timed. 2nd step was the interview one on one with 2 supervisors, was way easier than the test. They describe the job position and if you liked it they continued with the interview. Its was 3 questions. Pretty easy one on one interview.

Interview Questions

• 1) what would you do if a manager came up to you and said you made a mistake. 2) if a team player is slow at his job what would u do. 3) if you came to work and saw the workplace messy and not safe what would you do. And then if you had any questions for them   Answer Question

Letter Carrier (Relief) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gatineau, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canada Post (Gatineau, QC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Beyond the initial general capacities test (basic math, arranging numbers in order, identifying and understanding rules and policies), the actual interview is in-person with the supervisor of a mail depot. It is not long, perhaps 20 minutes. They will have your CV already and the results from your test, and so it is largely a formality to see if you understand the position, the nature of the schedule (part-time, temporary, on-call for the first 6 months) and can work well in a team and independently.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work as a Letter Carrier?   1 Answer
    • What is your driving experience?   1 Answer
    • Can you work in varied weather, changeable conditions, carrying heavy loads?   1 Answer

Mail Service Courier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canada Post (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

1. On-line application 2. GAT 3. 1:1 interview (general hiring questions based on the experience) 4. Road test 5. Please note that not all candidates who passed the given tests will be contacted. Not selected those are not to be contacted even though they passed all the tests.

RSMC Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I uploaded my resume and personal details on the Canada Post web site for jobs. I got a call a few months later for an on call relief mail carrier but declined because I wanted a permenant position. I then specified in my resume and cover letter that I was interested in becoming a RSMC and applied for a fulltime posting. I was called within a week for an interview. I was interviewed by one lady. She asked me a series of questions regarding how I would handle certain situations. I watched a short film about what goes on in the rsmc mail department and I was given a timed test which is easy math but unnerving when you are being timed and watched.

Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online, they responded to me by email 4 days later inviting me for an interview. The 1st interview was conducted by two managers and they both took turns to ask me competency questions.In total, they asked 5 questions. The next step was a second interview with the manager in charge/overlooked the whole department. By 3 hours later, Canada Post emailed to come for a second interview. Attended the interview and met with the head manager and he only asked 3 questions..1) what skills,knowledge and experience do u have to bring into this position 2)Name 5 skills which you would consider to make you a high performer Representative 3) Where do u see yourself 3 to 5 years from now? Very easy, I might add..by the end of the week, I received a call and was offered the position.

Negotiation

No negotiation as its a union based position, even though I did not even push to negotiate. My advice ...always studying the job specs and what it entails.

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

There were two round of interviews, first there was a technical assessment including a knowledge on basic Process Engineering ( Process Mapping, Takt Time, Lead time ,... ) basic Excel skills and DMAIC methodologies plus Auto Cad assessment. The Second run was focused on typical behavioral questions and professional skills performed by three members of managerial Panel. The interview was straightforward and they were friendly.

Interview Questions

• what is the innovative actions you've been responsible in previous positions? ( examples should have been different from Decision making and execution skills )   Answer Question

Holiday Postal Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

Super nice HR team who provide tips on how to pass the exam. There are about 5 sections which are timed. Note that they do not tell u how much time you have left. The sections are as follows, compare and contrast addresses, memorization of addresses, basic math of large numbers and reading comprehension

Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Canada Post (Richmond, BC (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

It happened in 4 parts. First wasba group interview to determine whether you could read, write, and understand the English language. Basic math test(without a calculator). Second interview was a sit down one on one with senior management in HR. 3rd interview was a physical abilities test. 4th happened during preliminary 2 week training, a letter sortation test, sort 100 pieces of mail in 10 minutes with 98% accuracy rate. Meaning you could only get 2 wrong.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years? 10 years? How will you get ther   Answer Question