Canada Post

Average Difficulty
50 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Canada Post in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with the superintendent was good, basic questions about addressing and company directives. Everyone takes an abilities test for number sequencing and recognition, usually in a group setting and everything is timed to add pressure. The physical demands are what they truly do not prepare you for with the weight loads you carry.

Interview Question – The company directive.   Answer Question

Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canada Post in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was in an office with 2 supervisors, I was asked about my knowledge of the city, my skills in reading and writing. I found the interview to be quite easy actually. I wasn't nervous or anything.

Interview Question – If I knew the history of canada post and details on new processes and such   Answer Question

Mail Service Courier Interview

Mail Service Courier
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 7 months - interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – Interview process took less than an hour. Basic life/time management questions. A few basic problem solving questions.
Once passed you are cattle-called for a general aptitude test. Once you pass that then they set a driving test and eye test.
Pass all that and then you get trained in your job. Used to be 2 weeks training now it is 3 days. Not sure what they hope to accomplish by that. Impossible to learn everything in 3 days.

Interview Question – None. Very straight forward structure designed for the average person.   View Answers (2)

Negotiation Details – No negotiations.

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in May 2013.

Interview Details – The application process is done electronically through the canada post careers website. I submitted my resume and after a couple of weeks I received a call and did a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview process you then have to complete an online skills test. This test confirms you have a good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word. You will need to have a decent understanding of both. If you pass this stage then you get called for a formal interview. The interview was a panel interview attended by 3 Canada post personnel. One person essentially is the witness and 2 individuals are actually conducting the interview. The interview consisted of examples of past job experience and how it ties into the current job you are applying for.

Interview Question – Name a time where things didn't go your way. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The job is a unionized position. it was a contract position.

Manager Interview

Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – Applied internally online, no phone interview this time. Multiple positions posted and I had applied more than once. Although I asked questions to HR, they did not respond.
Met with hiring director and another director that we would be working together with. Behavioural interview. Also was asked to prepare a deck on a sample project and present.

Interview Question – can't think of one. typical behavioural interview questions   Answer Question

Volume Counter Interview

Volume Counter

The process took 5 days - interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – Check the Canada Post careers website. If there is a count going on in your area there will be a listing. Apply online. I sent my resume, as well as a cover letter explaining why I thought I would do well in the position.

There is no interview process as this is a temporary position. Instead, if you are accepted you will be contacted by email or by phone through HR and asked to supply scans of personal documents. This is used to complete a security check. If you pass this a few days later you will get another email with an offer! During which they will ask you to fill out, sign, and return a bunch of paperwork.

After all that all you have to do is show up to training and you are in.

Interviewed at Canada Post

Interview Details – Very pleasant. Interviewer encourages and supports you to reach the answer to the question.

Interview Question – Asked about the steps to resolve an issue. What actions you take to get results   Answer Question

Letter Carrier

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – Must pass a general abilities test, physical abilities test, a road test, and an interview.

Interview Question – What do you do if a house has stairs covered in snow? What do you do when you get an angry customer? Give an example of when you asked for feedback.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – Hiring is done by resume and waiting for a call. If you are unlucky enough to be called, you will then spend several weeks being evaluated. I don't understand why there is a 50 word minimum. There is nothing else to put into this box already! Once upon a time there was a little girl named Goldilocks.

Interview Question – I don't think that there are any unexpected questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not applicable

Part-time Assistant Interview

Part-time Assistant
Nerang BC (Australia)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in December 2009.

Interview Details – Very slow, fast when it finally happened.

Interview Question – The good old weaknesses question.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Canada Post