Canada Post Letter Carrier Interview Questions

Updated May 26, 2015

2.8

Letter Carrier Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

Non existent - Walked in and had talk with Supervisor, hired - There was no interview - many years ago when workers that wanted to work part time hours were hired without alot or any experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Canada Post

Letter Carrier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Canada Post in June 2014.

Interview

(1) GAT - general aptitude test, you have to pass this test. Its not easy and not hard(memory, math with out using calculator). But, lots of people won't pass this test. ration of pass is 10:4. (2) If you pass GAT, then interview won't be so difficult. (3) Road test - make sure you practice on big van or truck, especially backing park. (4) health test - BP, heart rate, work focus.
     Then there will be 3 weeks training where you have to sort 120 letters in 10 min. practice, practice, practice !!
      After that they will assign a Depo where you have to give a route, you need to deliver all mail with in your time limit. This part would be hardest one even you got all training. If you make it, you will continue in Canada Post otherwise no!!

Letter Carrier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Canada Post.

Interview

Must pass a general abilities test, physical abilities test, a road test, and an interview.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a house has stairs covered in snow? What do you do when you get an angry customer? Give an example of when you asked for feedback.   Answer Question

Letter Carrier Interview

Interview

Very pleasant. Interviewer encourages and supports you to reach the answer to the question.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the steps to resolve an issue. What actions you take to get results   Answer Question

Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Hiring is done by resume and waiting for a call. If you are unlucky enough to be called, you will then spend several weeks being evaluated. I don't understand why there is a 50 word minimum. There is nothing else to put into this box already! Once upon a time there was a little girl named Goldilocks.

Interview Questions

• I don't think that there are any unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not applicable

Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Canada Post (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

A general aptitude test. then seasonal work .If they like your work they hire u .

Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hamilton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Canada Post (Hamilton, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

one month reply after apply on line
    one week later I got a call for GTA test
    one week later I got a call for interview test-I failed
    they have sent a letter that they don't process my application further.
    even though I submitted all documents that include company experience, T4 etc

Interview Questions

• When you resolved a problem with a teammate whose actions you did not agree with   2 Answers

Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Canada Post (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

Applied on-line.
    One month later got a email inviting me to write a General Aptitude Test.
    One week after that I got an interview that asked about 10 questions that are situational.
    One week later I did a physical test.
    One week later I did a driving test.
    I passed everything and got offered the job through a phone call to start training.
    The training lasted two weeks.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if the floor is icy and the mail box is behind it?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself teamwork or individual?   Answer Question

Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Canada Post (Halifax, NS (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

Aptitude test, physical fitness evaluation, interview, background criminal record check, driving test, mail sortation test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Simple, no negotiation, just sign the contact. Wage and terms are set by collective agreement.

Letter Carrier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canada Post (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in December 2010.

Interview

Depending on how desperate they are, you will be pushed through in a week. You start off with basic testing, then you have the interview, and from there you go make sure you can pass the physical aspect of the job. After that you are in, and starting off as a temporary employee.

Interview Questions

• Role playing as a Letter Carrier/Customer, pretend a customer is mad at you for not having his pension cheque.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations, it is a government job after all.