Canada Post

Average Difficulty
13 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in September 2010.

Interview Details – Very simple, basic questions, knowledge test for direction and math. Basic driving test, police back ground check. There's nothing that is surprising, interviewer not overly intelligent , a shame however not uncommon.

Interview Question – How to get to a specific address   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, union work place

Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at Canada Post in October 2011.

Interview Details – Aptitude test, physical fitness evaluation, interview, background criminal record check, driving test, mail sortation test.

Interview Question – Mostly behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, no negotiation, just sign the contact. Wage and terms are set by collective agreement.

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Canada Post in February 2009.

Interview Details – Interview with the superintendent was good, basic questions about addressing and company directives. Everyone takes an abilities test for number sequencing and recognition, usually in a group setting and everything is timed to add pressure. The physical demands are what they truly do not prepare you for with the weight loads you carry.

Interview Question – The company directive.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Thunder Bay, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canada Post in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was in an office with 2 supervisors, I was asked about my knowledge of the city, my skills in reading and writing. I found the interview to be quite easy actually. I wasn't nervous or anything.

Interview Question – If I knew the history of canada post and details on new processes and such   Answer Question

Interviewed at Canada Post

Interview Details – Very pleasant. Interviewer encourages and supports you to reach the answer to the question.

Interview Question – Asked about the steps to resolve an issue. What actions you take to get results   Answer Question

Letter Carrier

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – Must pass a general abilities test, physical abilities test, a road test, and an interview.

Interview Question – What do you do if a house has stairs covered in snow? What do you do when you get an angry customer? Give an example of when you asked for feedback.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – Hiring is done by resume and waiting for a call. If you are unlucky enough to be called, you will then spend several weeks being evaluated. I don't understand why there is a 50 word minimum. There is nothing else to put into this box already! Once upon a time there was a little girl named Goldilocks.

Interview Question – I don't think that there are any unexpected questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Not applicable

Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Canada Post in November 2010.

Interview Details – You take a series of basic competency tests, pending that you are invited to an interview. The interview is quite basic, there is a role playing question of how you would react to a 50 year or so old man waiting for his pension cheque that has not come. Other than that, quite basic and easy.... tell them you are active and like sports!

Interview Question – The roleplaying question I posted above!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Basic.

Very Difficult Interview

Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online - interviewed at Canada Post in October 2012.

Interview Details – one month reply after apply on line
one week later I got a call for GTA test
one week later I got a call for interview test-I failed
they have sent a letter that they don't process my application further.
even though I submitted all documents that include company experience, T4 etc

Interview Question – When you resolved a problem with a teammate whose actions you did not agree with   View Answer

Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – A general aptitude test. then seasonal work .If they like your work they hire u .

Interview Question – NA   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Canada Post

Worked for Canada Post? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canada Post Letter Carrier interview questions and advice. All 13 interview reviews posted anonymously by Canada Post employees and interview candidates.