Canada Post

Getting the Interview

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Supervisor

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at Canada Post.

Interview Details – it is competency based; remember STAR

Interview Question – give us an example of when you were in team environment and you had to conivnce someone to do something   View Answer

Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in May 2013.

Interview Details – The application process is done electronically through the canada post careers website. I submitted my resume and after a couple of weeks I received a call and did a phone interview. If you pass the phone interview process you then have to complete an online skills test. This test confirms you have a good understanding of Microsoft Excel and Word. You will need to have a decent understanding of both. If you pass this stage then you get called for a formal interview. The interview was a panel interview attended by 3 Canada post personnel. One person essentially is the witness and 2 individuals are actually conducting the interview. The interview consisted of examples of past job experience and how it ties into the current job you are applying for.

Interview Question – Name a time where things didn't go your way. What did you do about it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation. The job is a unionized position. it was a contract position.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person - interviewed at Canada Post in February 2009.

Interview Details – Series of tests and interviews.

Interview Question – Have you ever had to make a judgement call to go above your direct boss?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Wasn't one. The offer was acceptable.

Supervisor Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Canada Post in June 2012.

Interview Details – Very pleasant. Personality profile type interview. Normally there would be 2-3 in the interview, but I just had one. The HR lady was extremely open about what to expect on the job, as well as salary, scheduling, and work culture. I felt very comfortable and left without any unanswered questions. I asked blunt questions about things I had heard and she was really open and up front about things. She took a lot of notes, writing down key phrases I had said. Overall, probably one of the smartest, most open interviews I've ever been through.

Interview Question – How do you handle conflict in the work place?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Canada Post

Worked for Canada Post? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canada Post Supervisor interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by Canada Post employees and interview candidates.