Canada Revenue Agency Interview Questions

Updated Aug 26, 2015

3.2

Administrative Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in May 2015.

Interview

Challenging and very organized interview process. Quite some time spent since having the interview and the final result. Very professional interaction at all times, and well wrapped around at end of the process. I miss the shot but it was worth the trip.

Tax Auditor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

On campus, a co-op position for 8 month 30 mins one-to-one interview with the audit manager. question answer based. They will let you know a bit the job description after you answer what does auditor do. Interviewer is friendly and keep write down what you said

Interview Questions

• what does auditor do Why do you want to work for government Why do I hire you Tell me about tax return Tell me about the experience when you are handling difficult situation Do you know how to prepare financial statements?   Answer Question

Taxpayer Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online, 1 month later they asked for my educational credentials. Then about 3 months later I received an email inviting me to sit for their Writing Skills and Situational Judgement tests. These are computer based, multiple choice questions. I received my results by mail and was contacted by email to go attend an interview. I was interviewed by 2 people who took notes the entire time. It's open book you have the questions written infront of you and they go over each question, give you time to jot down your thoughts and u can answer whenever you're ready. 3 questions, 30 minutes. Then there's the computer based test to see how well you can navigate the CRA website and do research. Also test your customer service skills and phone manner (pretty tough).

Interview Questions

• Not allowed to share specific questions it they're straight forward typical interview questions   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency.

Interview

You have to take a test called writing skill test and if you pass that they will call you for an interview. The thing which was very confusing for me is that they both were writing your response and they were interrupting me by saying slow down and that made me forget what I was saying.

Interview Questions

• How will your education and previous experience help you in this position or how are you suitable for this job. Another was about an angry client, how would you deal with him/her. Third was related to their mission and values.   Answer Question

Taxpayer Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in December 2014.

Interview

E-mail communication and required tests included Situational Judgement and Written Test. Situational Judgement test was obviously the more difficult of the two as the Written Test can be passed by anyone who has good English comprehension, grammar and spelling. However, both tests can be considered easy. This was a phone interview as I lived in another province from the location of the job. They send Section 2 questions to you via e-mail 30 minutes ahead of the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Briefly summarize any topic that you find interesting.   1 Answer

Taxpayer Services Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency in December 2014.

Interview

Easy interview. Interviewer simulated a phone call from a taxpayer. Taxpayer was angry because he did not receive his tax refund. You had to demonstrate you could handle a difficult situation. Last part was finding information about taxes on the CRA website.

Interview Questions

• Taxpayer was asking why he didn't receive his tax refund.   Answer Question

Taxpayer Services Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency (Calgary, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Applied in May. Got called in for an evaluation in July (group computerized tests on being able to look up tax information and a series of behavioural questions). Interview in August (5 questions, 3 of which I was given in advance. Basically to see if you can communicate clearly) Offered the position in late December (14 week term). Whole process was more than half a year.

Interview Questions

• No tricky questions. First stage was all "open book", and second was talking about yourself with plenty of preparation time   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. Given 2 days to accept.

Interview

Appear for Situation Judgment Test and waiting for result, want to know about locally developed tools for competencies/qualifications 2 like ability to research info, ability to deal with situations, ability to demonstrate CRA values, ability to communicate and deal with clients

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through university. The interview wasn't conversational at all. more like Q&A. I didn't feel the connection with the interviewers at all. Rather, I felt like I was being investigated. As I was answering questions, they were all busy writing my responses. It was 30 minute interview followed by a 10 minute writing session.

Interview Questions

• What was the hardest challenge you encounter at school   Answer Question

Compliance Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waterloo, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency (Waterloo, ON (Canada)) in September 2014.

Interview

You are taken standardized tests and are asked behavioral questions. Questions are also asked about your resume, qualifications, cover letter, and how each has prepared you well for the job. Interviewers were very friendly and open to any questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain what you did when your worked for ___ and how did this help you prepare for the position you applied for?   Answer Question