Canada Revenue Agency

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Income Tax Auditor Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 10 months - interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency in January 2014.

Interview Details – Question for AU02 & AU03 Auditor candidates that passed the tests, interviewed in January 2014 and were told they would be in the "pool" of names: Has anyone from the "successful pool" created in January 2014 received any offers yet? Wondering if we are all still waiting. A new job posting for AU04's mentions offers will be in June 2014 perhaps same for AU02 & AU03?

Interview Question – Very casual, somewhat informal interview with (2) persons. General questions e.g. What are your strengths, weaknesses? How much experience in auditing and preparing corporate tax returns.   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Oshawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 12 months - interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency in July 2013.

Interview Details – Took two standardized test which took a year until I heard back from the Canada Revenue Agency, then started work in the summer. The two standardized tests were fairly simple math and English questions which you had to get a certain grade to pass. They took a long time processing the two tests and had to make initiative to ask for results.

Interview Question – Asked about teamwork   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency in October 2012.

Interview Details – Applied through my University and got an interview after 2 weeks. The process was pretty simple and easy as they hired 20+ from my University for the tax season. The interview took place in a room with a panel of 2 people. One was recording your answer and the other was asking the question. I had to pick between 2 envelope, each which had 1 situational question inside. The question I got was pretty straight-forward. It was about what I would do if there was an angry customer who wanted to return their worn pair of shoes but your store had a no-return policy. I was given pieces of paper and a pencil to write down my thoughts if I wished to and I had unlimited time. For me, I didn't think much of it and took less than 5 minutes to answer the question. Afterwards, I just asked some standard questions. 2 weeks later I was offered the position.

Interview Question – The question I got was pretty straight-forward. It was about what I would do if there was an angry customer who wanted to return their worn pair of shoes but your store had a no-return policy.   Answer Question

Income Tax Auditor Interview

I applied online and the process took a year or more - interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency in December 2013.

Interview Details – I submitted application in July but was invited to the interview in Dec. I was told the final offer, if any, would be provided within 1 to 6 months. So it is a chance to test your patience-an offer up to one year!

There are three steps in their hiring process. First, the candidates are required to take an English writing skill test, which is computerized and all in multiple choice. Second, it is so called: Locally developed tools, which in my case, is a paper test including multiple choice, True/False, short answer questions, and one long answer question. This test is to focus on the abilities to interpret the income tax related legislation and administration. Finally, if you get passed in the prior tests, you are invited to an interview. The main purpose of the interview, as per the hiring staff, is to verify the candidate's resume and working experience. Before the interview, they sent out an email stating the five competencies they are testing: Critical thinking, client services, team work, income tax audit, oral communication.

Interview Question – How do you rank your three competencies: auditing, taxation, and accounting?   View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through my school's career centre and did an interview with 2 hiring personnel. Not bad - only one question asking how you deal with an angry customer. Do note this procedure is for students.

Interview Question – The scenarios vary, but mine involved an angry customer who didn't receive his purchase after buying it online which then crashed on him.   View Answer

IT Specialist Interview

I applied through other source and the process took a year or more - interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency.

Interview Details – This was an internal process that lasted one year from application through to placement.

Interview Question – Relating core competencies to actual work experience.   Answer Question

Hamilton, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency.

Interview Details – Most of your communication in the process will be through email and it can take anywhere from a few months (which was my experience) to a year (the experience of very few of my co-workers).

You start with testing, it takes about 8 hours to do it all. A majority of it is multiple choice and really just common sense.

Then, you have your interview. Be prepared to be tested on your customer service skills. They put huge emphasis on your ability to speak nicely to clients. You might want to get familiar with the website beforehand as well.

Then, you fill out your information for the Security Clearance.

After that, its a waiting game. They will call you when they're hiring new people, usually a few months before tax season.

The people are very friendly and they are 100% equal opportunity. I've never seen so much diversity in the workplace. it was a lot of fun and I met a lot of great people.

Interview Question – There aren't many interview questions, its mainly the test.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was no negotiation at all. The pay is more than reasonable, the best I've ever had.

Excise Tax Examiner Interview

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency.

Interview Details – Interview, references and security check

Interview Question – Behaviour questions   Answer Question

Summer Intern Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency.

Interview Details – Initial screen tests (2) One was techinical/ math related, other one was situational

Interview Question – Skill test   Answer Question

Auditor Interview

Auditor
Vernon, BC (Canada)

I applied online and interviewed at Canada Revenue Agency.

Interview Details – once your CV and education has been accepted, you then need to take a test - it is basically an IQ test. There is a minimum score to be interview.
The interview is no like a regular interview. It is an oral and some written test. You will be questioned on how you would hand certain situations.
Each candidate is then scored, they are rated and depending on how many positions are available, they hire from the top of the list going down.

Interview Question – Time management question. Details are given to you in written form and you need to come up with how you would manage the time, it is basically to ensure that you know what has priority.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiations - it is a union and you take what there is

Interviews for Top Jobs at Canada Revenue Agency

Worked for Canada Revenue Agency? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canada Revenue Agency interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by Canada Revenue Agency employees and interview candidates.