Canada's Wonderland

Average Difficulty
32 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

I applied online and interviewed at Canada's Wonderland.

Interview Details – I was actually running late for my interview because of bussing delays, but I called in and the lady was really nice about it. I reached the office, signed in and waited. After I was called in, there was an easy first-stage interview where the interviewer asked (quite mechanically) the hours I can work, why I want to work for Canada's Wonderland, whether I can potentially work for Halloween Haunt, etc. Before that, she explained that there would be two stages and I would be told at the end of this one whether or not I would be advancing to the next interview. Afterwards she told me to act out what I would do and say to attract customers to play "Whack-A-Mole". I stood up and performed rather nervously... she told me I had passed the first stage but I should project my voice even more and maintain eye contact with the interviewer.

I was escorted out into the waiting room again, and because I was late, the second stage was just me and two interviewers rather than a group interview. One asked the questions and one took notes. I was really nervous because the atmosphere was not relaxed but rather mechanic (could it be because I was late? Possibly.. so don't be late). There were cards on the table, and I had to pick out of 4 piles for scenario questions regarding the 4 values of their company, they weren't difficult. Then the interviewer role-played a games salesperson and asked me to do the same, with creativity. He was really loud and clear, whereas I was not. It's very important to be confident, not nervous, and show creative ways of attracting customers to play the game. if I had done the same, I would've probably gotten the job.

Interview Question – I'd say the hardest part is confidently projecting your voice and using creativity to convince the interviewer to play a game (the atmosphere is probably more relaxed in a group, rather than two on one).   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Canada's Wonderland in April 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and received an email asking me to come to an interview. The interview consisted of two parts: first, there was a one-on-one in which they ask about your availability and generic questions i.e. "Why do you want to work here?" The second part was a group interview in which there is some role-playing involved (may vary depending on position you apply for).

Interview Question – Role-playing questions   Answer Question

I applied online and interviewed at Canada's Wonderland.

Interview Details – There were two stages to it. In the first, you're given a sheet with some addition/subtraction and asked to do it. Its very basic and easy. The next step is a group interview. When it was my turn, there was no one else left to be interviewed so I was doing it alone. I was asked to describe the 4 cornerstones and explain each one.

Afterwords, I was asked to greet a 'customer' (the customer being the interviewer). I had to sell a season pass to them and take their picture.
(Note, I had never done this or been shown how to do it.. so it was just guessing on my part)

Interview Question – Make a customer's season pass card. (Take picture, etc)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Games Salesperson

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canada's Wonderland.

Interview Details – Very easy, have to answer a simple math test. Make sure not to make stupid errors, as there are no re-dos. A friend who applied with me did not get this position because he added instead of subtracting for some questions, and so had to do a job where he didn't have to handle money.

Interview Question – "Give me an example of a time you have provided excellent customer service"   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Got a better offer somewhere else.

Ride Operator Interview

Ride Operator
Vaughan, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at Canada's Wonderland in April 2014.

Interview Details – Was called for a brief phone interview, then made it to the 2nd interview. 2nd interview was a group interview. Cards with questions were used and you had to ask the person next to you that question for them to answer and interviewers would write down the responses. Nothing surprising came up, questions should be general and touch base on company practices; Some were situation questions.

Interview Question – What do you dislike doing?   Answer Question

Admissions Attendant

I applied online - interviewed at Canada's Wonderland in February 2014.

Interview Details – Applied late January and received a call 2 weeks later to come for a screening interview. The first part of the screening process is one-on-one and they'll ask questions about your availability and whether you're eligible to work in Canada. Then they ask you questions on the cornerstones (what does cleanliness, safety and courtesy mean to you?). If you pass the initial screening you move onto the group interview where you answer situational questions about the cornerstones (If you saw garbage on a bench while on your break what would you do?), your department (A customer is complaining about the price of a seasons pass, how would you handle the situation?), and then you're given a question where you act out a scenario. I was the only the only one in my group who was given a job offer so as long as you respond to the questions with enthusiasm, know that you should follow the rules, customer is always right, etc, and know the cornerstones well you should be fine.

Interview Question – Had to act out a scenario where I pretended to sell 2 senior passes and 1 children's pass.   View Answer

Interview Details – The entire job screening process consisted of 2 parts:
Part 1. This was the one-on-one section of the interview where I was asked simple questions. They asked about my availability and about their 4 cornerstones as well. For example: Why is cleanliness important to Canada's Wonderland?
Part 2. If you pass the first section, you'll move on to the second part which is a group based interview. Basically, they group you up according to the position you signed up for and they'll lead you into a conference room. On the table, there are about 20 cards all faced down. Each person takes a turn picking a card and asking the person next to them. This goes on until all of the cards have been asked. While this goes on, the interviewers would be observing and recording how you act and respond to each question. The types of questions are all situation based and are about Wonderland's cornerstones.
Some examples include:
What would you do if you found $5 on the ground?
How would you respond to an upset guest?
The very last thing they ask you to do is a role play with someone in your group- they provide you with a situation and see how you'd act.

Once it was all over they'll send everyone out and then call in people individually to tell them whether they're hired or not.

Interview Question – What would you do if you saw another employee do something dishonest?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiations.

Very Easy Interview

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canada's Wonderland in August 2010.

Interview Details – Straight forward. Simple situation question. And a short math quiz.

Interview Question – No thing was hard.   Answer Question

Games Salesperson

I applied online - interviewed at Canada's Wonderland in July 2012.

Interview Details – Initially I was very excited, although the location was far from home. It was close to my school campus. I got a call for an interview, I accepted and showed up with a handful of other people. It was at the end of the season so I guess they were just hiring extra people because of high turn-over rates that is known to plague Wonderland. Interview was pretty smooth from what I remember, got offered the job right on the spot (I had a lot of work experience).

Interview Question – Having to yell and project my voice to two people in a tiny room. (Not very fun)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Just be a likeable friendly person, for this role you will need it!

Ride Operator Interview

Ride Operator
Vaughan, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canada's Wonderland in March 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online, got a call a few days later. The call was a pre-screening. Asked about what I thought of safety, cleanliness, customer service and courtesy, and what I thought of their no cell phone policy. Then I was scheduled for an interview. When you arrive, you check in and then you are called with your group (people applying to the same position as you) and then you go to a huge room. After that your are split up into smaller groups and go to a smaller room. Then a so called "GAME" is played where you pick a card and ask the question on the card to the person sitting next to you. The interviewers (2 of them) write down your answers. Then you go back to the huge room with the rest of the group. Ater that the interviewers call you back and will tell you if you got the position or not. Then you will get your hiring package and next steps.

Interview Question – not really, most questions are common sense.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, minimum wage.

Worked for Canada's Wonderland? Contribute to the Community!