Canada's Wonderland

Updated Feb 21, 2015
Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.1

Halloween Haunt Staff Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canada's Wonderland.

If was a nice experience! First, you get called into a room with an interviewer, one on one. Just as others said in their review, I was asked pretty generic questions (e.g Why do I want to work here? Any experience? Etc.) Once you pass that stage, you get called in for a group interview. They ask you questions based on scenarios in the park once it's your turn to speak, and do the same with the others in the room. If you get accepted after that, you move onto the final stage. I was young at the time, so the only position I could apply for was a children's walk around character. I was taken into a room on my own, and told to act out being a fairytale character (choose between being a princess, pirate, etc.). I kind of froze, since it was also being filmed, and babbled. I asked to change my character, and the interviewer was super nice about it, but I sitll messed up. I didn't know we'd role=play, so I was totally caught off guard. After that, I was told I'd be contacted in about a week if I received the job. I wasn't contacted again, but it was a good experience! It was my first ever job interview, so now I kind of feel more prepared, which was great. If you go in with confidence, it'll honestly boost up your chances a lot! good luck to any potential candidates/employees! :)

Interview Questions
    • Basic questions, such as why I wanted to work there, or what I wold do in certain scenarios.   Answer Question

Park Services Interview

Two parts: Screening, and then Group Interview

The screening portion asks questions pertaining to the four cornerstones. It is important to maintain your enthusiasm throughout this interview as that may be a key determinant in whether or not you get selected to participate in the group interview.

The group interview can be daunting if it is your first time, as you are in there with other interviewees who may have more experience than you do. They ask a lot of situational questions, so make sure you take time to think about your response. It is not a race of who can answer the fastest.

Interview Questions
    • When there is a mess in an area that is not yours when you're on your way to break, what would you do?   View Answer

Ride Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canada's Wonderland in February 2015.

Applied online. Got phone call one week later. Invited to interview one week after that.

Interview was horrible. Two interviewers and three interviewees but the two interviewers said a total of 20 words each. They give you 5 sets of cards and you ask each other questions that give no room to sell yourself.

Interview Questions
    • A guest does not meet the height requirement. What do you say?
      A guest has stepped in vomit and is frustrated at you. What do you say?
      You notice a co-worker not following safety procedures. What do you do?
      A guest informs you of line-jumping. What do you do?

Answer Question

Admissions Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vaughan, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canada's Wonderland in February 2015.

It was a bit daunting at first - first interview, and a room full of intimidating teenagers. However, for the first interview I received a really nice HR rep and she made me feel comfortable. The questions were yes and no at first, for eligibility, then a few questions on the cornerstones (i.e why is cleanliness important). After that, s/he will tell you if you make it to the next stage, which is a group interview. For me there were three other candidates and two interviewers. There were 20 cards, 5 questions per person (no one got the same question). The questions were very generic and easy to answer, but the final card was a role playing scenario. One told you to greet a customer at the gate, another told you to handle their toll fares. After that, they call you in individually to either offer you a position or reject you.

Interview Questions
    • "If a coworker or guest was stealing, how would you deal with it?" (Integrity)
      "If a guest complains about a mess nearby, what would you do?" (Cleanliness)
      "If a guest complains about ticket prices, how would you respond?" (Service I think)

Answer Question

Ride Operator Interview

Wasn't successful
    You fill out papers when you go in
    You then have a one on one interview then a group interview with a few people and the hr goes around asking questions

I applied online – interviewed at Canada's Wonderland.

The whole process was about 2 months long. applied online and had 2 onsite interviews. Both behavioral and one with specific questions regarding situation.
    !st interview was one on one, the second one was in a group.

Interview Questions
    • how to deal with inverted stamps. As part of the job, we had to detect people who got fraudulent stamps by getting it inked from another person, thus the stamp becomes inverted.   Answer Question
    no negotiations

I applied online – interviewed at Canada's Wonderland.

When you get there you sign in , they will then tell you to be seated until your name is called, when your name is called you will go into a room, the worker will then introduce herself she was quite mechanical like she hated her job im not sure but she will ask you general questions about the park, if your eligible etc.. Then she will ask why do you want to work here at Canada's wonderland , she will ask your about there four cornerstones they ask a lot about it she will then give you a role play ( whack-a-mole) she will tell you about the game and how much it costs and you will have to sell it too her make sure you are loud and clear and confident ( as i was not that much) she will then tell you at the end of the interview whether you made it or not and i made it, you will get a paper that will then tell you how much you get paid and what the job is about at the bottom you will see what the group interview is about , they call you in with about two more people including yourself which is three and they have two HR people one talking the other writing you have about 4 piles of cards on table and they all have questions about courtesy cleanliness etc and you answer them after you answer them you have to role play she well give you numbers you choose a number she will then tell you what game that is and you act it out with creativity after all the other candidates are done you will go back into the waiting room and they will call you in one by one . I did not get the job i was not answering the questions with confidence and i was really nervous. It was a great experience if i did get the job it would have been my first job and i got the experience and gained the knowledge. Best of luck to others who have applied and got an interview . Always be confident it will land you the job.

I applied online – interviewed at Canada's Wonderland.

I was actually running late for my interview because of bussing delays, but I called in and the lady was really nice about it. I reached the office, signed in and waited. After I was called in, there was an easy first-stage interview where the interviewer asked (quite mechanically) the hours I can work, why I want to work for Canada's Wonderland, whether I can potentially work for Halloween Haunt, etc. Before that, she explained that there would be two stages and I would be told at the end of this one whether or not I would be advancing to the next interview. Afterwards she told me to act out what I would do and say to attract customers to play "Whack-A-Mole". I stood up and performed rather nervously... she told me I had passed the first stage but I should project my voice even more and maintain eye contact with the interviewer.

I was escorted out into the waiting room again, and because I was late, the second stage was just me and two interviewers rather than a group interview. One asked the questions and one took notes. I was really nervous because the atmosphere was not relaxed but rather mechanic (could it be because I was late? Possibly.. so don't be late). There were cards on the table, and I had to pick out of 4 piles for scenario questions regarding the 4 values of their company, they weren't difficult. Then the interviewer role-played a games salesperson and asked me to do the same, with creativity. He was really loud and clear, whereas I was not. It's very important to be confident, not nervous, and show creative ways of attracting customers to play the game. if I had done the same, I would've probably gotten the job.

Interview Questions
    • I'd say the hardest part is confidently projecting your voice and using creativity to convince the interviewer to play a game (the atmosphere is probably more relaxed in a group, rather than two on one).   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at Canada's Wonderland.

There were two stages to it. In the first, you're given a sheet with some addition/subtraction and asked to do it. Its very basic and easy. The next step is a group interview. When it was my turn, there was no one else left to be interviewed so I was doing it alone. I was asked to describe the 4 cornerstones and explain each one.

Afterwords, I was asked to greet a 'customer' (the customer being the interviewer). I had to sell a season pass to them and take their picture.
    (Note, I had never done this or been shown how to do it.. so it was just guessing on my part)

Interview Questions
    • Make a customer's season pass card. (Take picture, etc)   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Games Salesperson Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Canada's Wonderland.

Very easy, have to answer a simple math test. Make sure not to make stupid errors, as there are no re-dos. A friend who applied with me did not get this position because he added instead of subtracting for some questions, and so had to do a job where he didn't have to handle money.

Interview Questions
    • "Give me an example of a time you have provided excellent customer service"   Answer Question

Got a better offer somewhere else.