Canadian Blood Services

Canadian Blood Services Interview Questions

2.8

Interviews for Top Jobs at Canadian Blood Services

Lab Technologist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Canadian Blood Services in July 2013.

I received a phone call about three weeks after applying. Then I had two interviews by phone. The first one was general, about the position, and my experience. Second one was behavioral. Then, they call the more suitable candidates for a technical interview. I wasn't called but at least they call me to let me know that somebody else got the job.

Interview Questions
    • There were no surprise questions. Is very standard like: Tell me about a problem you had with a coworker and how did you fix it.   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at Canadian Blood Services.

Intereviewed in person by the HR Rep, Lab Manager and the Charge Technologist for the lab area. Very straight forward questions relevant to requirements of the job. Very friendly people and a very comfortable atmosphere. Received a call within a few days to offer me the position. There were a few behavioural type questions specific to following procedures or being told by coworkers not to follow procedures as well as conflict with others type of questions.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you saw a coworker not following procedures?   Answer Question
    Can not negotitate in unionized positions

Lab Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Canadian Blood Services.

they were 2 hours late,while i waited in the reception area,process was not organised, all asked questions at the same time and interupted each other.Some questions were irelevant to the job position.

Interview Questions
    • unexpected question was fromlab manager asking me what i would if his car broke down?   Answer Question
    no negotiations due to being a unionised position

Management Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Blood Services in March 2009.

I applied online and within 2 weeks I was contacted by phone by HR to set up a phone interview. Two interviews took place, first by phone with the hiring manager, second in person with the hiring manager. Went through my resume and asked me questions based on resume. I was able to observe the culture during my face to face meeting and it didn't seem dynamic overall from the information that was shared with me.

I was not able to negotiate due to unavailability of the hiring manager, which had left things with HR.