Canadian Cancer Society Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 23, 2014
6 interviews

2.7

Company Outreach Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at Canadian Cancer Society.

Applied online through school and got an group interview. There are three people in the group, be active is the key. Group interview help you to think about the good answer. The last question is in Chinese to tell her why do you want to work for Canadian Cancer Society. About one week later, the supervisor emailed me that I got the offer.

Coordinator, Community Giving Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Canadian Cancer Society in March 2014.

Had a phone interview with a really friendly HR person. General questions around previous work experience & relevant skills to the role. I was then invited in for a panel interview. There were 4 people in the interview and the questions were really focused on real life experiences (i.e. give me an example of a time when...).

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about the most advanced features of excel/word you use.   Answer Question

Revenue Development Coordinator Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Cancer Society.

The interview was pretty relaxed. It was a panel interview and was asked situational questions, why I sought a job with the Society, previous work experience, etc... They process overall was very professional and organized. The offer was fair and and no real need for any negotiations.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked a situational question that should not have stumped me. I wish I was able to answer it better and really should have been prepared for the question. Overall, the interview was not very difficult.   Answer Question

Volunteer Engagement Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Trail, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Trail, BC (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Canadian Cancer Society in November 2011.

After applying I had a phone screening interview, which was followed by a meeting with the regional director. I thought the meeting was an interview, but it was just a meeting. After the meeting I was set up to have three-way Skype interview, approximately a week later. I received a phone call 1.5 weeks later from an HR person saying they had chosen to move forward with another candidate.

Two months later I was called in to meet with someone in person, as well as some of the society volunteers. It was a 4 hour meeting, after which I was still not successful in obtaining the position.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a list of tasks that had varying amounts of urgency due throughout the week and had to explain how I would tackle the situation and prioritize.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to resolve a conflict between volunteers.   Answer Question

Junior Web Producer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Canadian Cancer Society in July 2011.

There was a 30 minute phone interview and they asked me to come in the next week for a meeting with two others. The face to face interview consisted of a portfolio review and questions.

Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Montreal, QC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Cancer Society in October 2009.

consist of 2 interviews, one month passed by the time I sent my resume and the time I got hired. Started to work one month after being hired.

Your personal values and lifestyle should fit the organisation's.

First interview:
    - manager was 45 minutes late...
    - we had a great talk about the job, the person leaving was present, that helped
    Second interview:
    - HR and director were present
    - classic HR interview (just reassure them that you are the person they are looking for)

HR told me on the Thursday of the interview they would give me news about the job before the end of the next week; at 3 o'clock the Friday after I still hadn't had a call from them and decided to communicate with them... They announced me I was the chosen one!

Interview Questions
    They are open to negotiation, take advantage of that at hiring b/c promotion is difficult.

Worked for Canadian Cancer Society? Contribute to the Community!