Canadian Pacific Railway Interview Questions

Updated Sep 4, 2014
Updated Sep 4, 2014

3.5

BUSINESS SYSTEMS SPECIALIST Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway in August 2014.

Online application process which included completing candidate profile - straight forward and took less than 15 mins. Received auto reply email confirmation after application submission.
    Request for Phone/Skype Interview received via email 2 days later. All communication was done on email, no phone contact.
    Skype Interview scheduled within a week with hiring manager and another senior IT manager, plus HR/Recruiter who coordinated the call. Fairly casual approach to meeting and interview questions. Both managers introduced themselves and shared asking questions. Difficult at times to understand as the line was not always clear.
    Notified of interview outcome just over a week later via email.
    Total rewards and benefits never discussed, however salary expectations were asked both at initial application and Skype Interview. Company would not disclose salary range nor provide any further detail on what rewards & benefits were included, which made it difficult to answer the question.

Interview Questions
    • Interview consisted of a mix of behavioural, situational, hypothetical and open ended questions. Informal and casual approach. Seemed 'off the cuff' and not following interview guide or set of standard questions. No structure or flow to the interview questions either.   View Answer

Marketing Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway.

Initial interview was in telephone format and it was with 3 individuals. One two were department managers, and one was a representative from Human Resources. The second interview was in person, and with the two departmental managers mentioned earlier. There were only two rounds of interviews for this position. They had ashed a series of behavioral and situational questions concluding with why i had wanted to work at CP

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question face had to do with "What types of variables would you consider in a Financial model when running a special train service". Given that I had no exposure to the railway industry I found this question extremely challenging   View Answer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

3 interview in total. the first one is telephone interview which lasted about 30 minutes. the second one is onsite with HR. the last one is with the hiring manager. the whole process lasted more than 3 weeks.

no negotiation phase

Coordinator, E-Business Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway in December 2013.

The interview was a "behavioural interview" with only four questions. The situations did not directly relate to key experience so it was difficult to respond appropriately.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you would improve our websites?   View Answer

IT Professional Interview

I applied online - interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway in February 2010.

Remotely by phone, technical and behavioral interviews

Short

Manager Collections Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway in February 2010.

Online application process followed by behavioral interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you took initially took credit for a successful outcome but later had to give credit to another person.   View Answer
    I didn't negotiate as already an employee of the company and offer was high end of compensation policy. In addition, I was very familiar with the hiring department and had previously worked with the director.

Market Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Pacific Railway in July 2011.

Applied online. Received a call from the the HR coordinator for a Group Interview. The interview took place in Mississauga. It was an hour long. Included behavioral questions and a technical questions. Two individuals alternated with the questions. The last bit of the conversation was a regular conversation. Follow up took place a couple of weeks after the interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for Canadian Pacific Railway? Contribute to the Community!