Canadian Solar Interview Questions

Updated Jun 21, 2015

2.6

Key Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Solar (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in June 2014.

Interview

Absoluter Chaos im Vorfeld der Terminierungen-wurde 3mal verschoben. Die HR Abteilung konnte nicht erreicht werden, kein Rückruf. Das Gespräch verlief absolut unproduktiv, da nicht vorbeitet. Es wurden Fragen gestellt, aus denen hervorging, dass mein CV nur oberflächlich bekannt war. Es fanden insgesamt 2 gespräche vor Ort statt. Die Qualität der beiden Gespräche war wie oben beschrieben-Katastrophal. Beim ersten Gespräch kam die Abteilungsleiterin ca. 30 Minuten später als angekündigt, um dann wieder nach 20 Minuten zu verschwinden. Dazwischen wurde das Unternehmen vorgestellt und erzählt wie toll alles ist.

Interview Questions

• Keine klare Linie erkennbar, es war alles sehr improvisiert.   Answer Question

Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Solar (San Ramon, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Very detailed and thorough process. Had multiple rounds of interviews with top management and global teams. This was stressful but helped me learning about the company, and management team; also learnt that how thorough and professional this process was.

Interview Questions

• Questions about Solar industry and panels   1 Answer

MANUFACTURING POSITION Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Canadian Solar (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

Job fair interview. Toured plant great people. Then they discussed wage it it was to low and no way of advancing to get better pay. Looked like a nice place to work. But pay was too low

Interview Questions

• Was asked how many previous jobs I had. If I was experienced in 5S work area standard.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Interview

Questions about the solar industry. Was challenging, but I appreciated the challenges. Two people present- HR Manager and General Manager. I did my research, and good thing I did. Many questions about what I knew about the company and PV panels. I went through 3 interviews total. Also did a phone interview with the Global Director of Marketing.

Interview Questions

• How would you market solar panels to an installer, B2B?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

The interview process is very basic. It's so vanilla it's not even worth mentioning how ridiculously easy it is to be hired there. They literally will take anyone willing to work for them, especially if you're good looking. Once you're employed there, they'll exploit the heck out of you and try to pay you peanuts for it. They'll gossip about your performance to co-workers and even make up stuff that isn't true to get your coworkers to dislike you and treat you poorly. Management will even go as far as telling your peers (in Chinese) how much they don't like you and they'll do it right in front of you. If you're smart and don't already know Chinese, learn it BEFORE going to work there so you know when they're talking negatively about you to your peers. Don't expect management to care about your issues because it's likely that management is the reason why you have a grievance to begin with. Management intentionally poisons the minds of the peer group. This is a strategy they use to create trust amongst the Chinese employees in the US. They create trust so they can use the Chinese speaking employees as spies for when they're living back in China. The C-levels only come to the US a few times a year to maintain their visa status; otherwise, they have key people in the office that they trust to filter information about other employees to them on a daily basis. They only employ a small group of US people so they can teach the Chinese employees how to do business in the US - and so they can better blend in with & learn the US culture. They call themselves "Canadian Solar", but they're straight up China. Several years ago, after defrauding investors, they used the money they stole to build a manufacturing plant in Canada. But until that point, they had one person who answered a dummy phone in Canada to make it look like they were a Canadian company. They were never a Canadian company. They use the Canadian name only because the CEO and his wife Hanbing Zhang went to college in Canada; otherwise, they're pure China.

Negotiation

Sadly, I accepted the offer.

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Canadian Solar (London, ON (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Nothing technical due to my background which really bothered me all the time

Interview Questions

• why would you take one of your previous job, which is completely inrelevant to you career path?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Canadian Solar (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in October 2011.

Interview

They followed the normal procedure for hiring

Interview Questions

• everything was according to the requisite position   1 Answer

Production Worker Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at Canadian Solar.

Interview

The interview is fairly textbook. You walk in and talk with both the lead supervisor and someone from HR. The supervisor will ask you more about relevant experience while the HR will ask about things like working in groups and ethics related scenarios. Both individuals are friendly throughout and are willing to clarify what they are asking if the questions are a bit obscure.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness   1 Answer