Canadian Tire

Relevance Date Difficulty

New Graduate - Technology Leadership Program Interview

New Graduate - Technology Leadership Program
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and about 3 weeks later received an email from Campus Program Specialist for a 15 minute phone interview. I was given two 2-hour slots and was told that I will receive a phone call anytime between these two slots.

I didn't receive any phone call from Canadian Tire within a given timeframe. I emailed back but didn't receive any reply.

Many phone calls and voicemails later, I was told that they selected a bunch of candidates from the first few they called for the in-person interview. They didn't think it was necessary to inform remaining candidates waiting for a phone call about the development.

This was the worst interview process experience I had in my professional career. The hiring process itself for the role of "Technology Leadership Program" says a lot about leadership and coordination within the company.

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

Interview Details – I simply do not have any advice, they took me in almost without any questions because a relative of mine referred me and was only there to review the rules, and job responsibilities. Wasn't asked many (any) questions.

Interview Question – Is this your first cash job?   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – got hired, and got to work. I didn't care about my schedule and it was my first job so I was okay with minimum wage.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2012.

Interview Details – Culture is warm. Vetted through my resume, then a meeting with HR first, followed by an interview by the person I would be reporting to, 3rd interview was with his manager for approval, and then a 4th for overall review approval again with HR and my report to. It came down to myself and one other.

Interview Question – To provide situational examples of not meeting the mark on a project with specific reasons.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in January 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and 1 in person interview. All behavioural questions. Knowledge of Canadian tire helps to answer and understand questions. Getting an interview was quick, it took weeks to get an offer.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canadian Tire in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the job in person after hearing from the friend of a worker that the management preferred a hand-in to online. I was initially contacted in the beginning of March (three weeks after my hand-in), but it took until the beginning of April before they were prepared to schedule an interview. It then took a further four weeks with two follow-up calls before they would give me a decision regarding the position. I found the whole process really lengthy without any reasonable excuse.

Interview Question – "Do you have a history of on-the-job accidents? We get a lot of those here."   View Answer

Coordinator, Dealer Services Interview

Coordinator, Dealer Services
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in September 2013.

Interview Details – I did a phone interview and in-person interview. The staff were incredibly friendly, the questions were all very normal (tell us about yourself, skills, weaknesses, experience, etc.). The only thing that threw me was the the job listing and initial interview led me to believe I was interviewing for a job that integrated HR skills and training, and then when I arrived for the in-person interview I was told it was more of an executive assistant role.

Interview Question – Honestly, there were no exceptionally difficult questions...   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview Details – Very simple.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Category Implementation Specialist Interview

Category Implementation Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2013.

Interview Details – After the initial online application there is a phone screen with an HR representative. The phone screen will ask about your understanding of the role and its place in the company, your experience and how it relates to the company, etc.

After the phone screen, if you are successful, you will interview with the hiring manager. This interview will differ based on the hiring manager as there is no pre-set question list and the manager may ask whatever questions they like. Be prepared for questions about your experience and how it will relate to the role, your comfort and ability with Excel and Access, and about your problem solving skills. Also be prepared to explain some of the strengths/weaknesses of the category you're interviewing for. Again depending on the hiring manager and the number of roles open, you may be invited back to interview with a Vice President and/or another manager, or you might get an offer after the initial interview.

Interview Question – Was asked for a competitive analysis of the company in the category I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst

Interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview Details – For the first-round phone interview, there is just some common behaviour questions.
For the second-round on site interview, a case study about warehouse demand prediction will be tested and the interviewer should give a presentation about it.

Interview Question – How to predict the demand of different chocolates?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Canadian Tire in January 2010.

Interview Details – Met with the manager 1:1 who asked me questions

Interview Question – Looking for customer service examples   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Interviews for Top Jobs at Canadian Tire

Worked for Canadian Tire? Contribute to the Community!

Canadian Tire Videos

Canadian Tire – Why Work for Us?

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods retailer, with more than 1,700 retail and gasoline outlets from coast-to-coast. Our primary… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canadian Tire interview questions and advice in Canada. All 56 interview reviews posted anonymously by Canadian Tire employees and interview candidates.