Canadian Tire

Updated Nov 15, 2014

1.8

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire in November 2014.

They called me on tuesday and had me in for the interview that thursday. Got a call back the day after. The interview was ten minutes long, but I had to wait five minutes for the manager to show up. They asked for my references, and some of the questions were based on those.

Interview Questions
  • What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
  • Can you name a time when you've had to deal with a difficult or irate customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Canadian Tire

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

I handed in my resume at the customer service desk, and about a week later I got a call asking me to go in for an "interview". This interview was a forty minute long video which asks random skill based (hardware,math) questions. You write down your answers and if you do well, you might get a call back. Less than a week later I went in for an actual interview which lasted maybe ten minutes and was hired that day, and scheduled to come in for a three hour training shift the next week.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to do after highschool?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Talked lots about different situations that a normal cashier would face on a daily basis. Includes: helping manager out or cleaning up aisle spill?, how well you work in team situations. Very friendly 1 on 1 interview experience, especially for an entry level position. Tests to see if you are reliable and trustworthy to handle cash on a daily basis

Interview Questions
    • What is the maximum allowance for a deficit and surplus at the end of day cash reconciliation?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ajax, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person – interviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2012.

Hiring manager was great and very accommodating with my scheduled, wanted it to work out with both of us.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

Very easy, 15 minute interview. Basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

I simply do not have any advice, they took me in almost without any questions because a relative of mine referred me and was only there to review the rules, and job responsibilities. Wasn't asked many (any) questions.

Interview Questions
    got hired, and got to work. I didn't care about my schedule and it was my first job so I was okay with minimum wage.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peace River, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peace River, AB (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canadian Tire in January 2012.

Handed in a resume, got a phone call, started the next day.

Interview Questions
    This is what your getting paid. This is what you will be doing. Take it or leave it.

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canadian Tire in October 2011.

Invited to interview with HR manager, very easy-going and casual interview with few behavioural questions. Was called back one day later and offered the position. Completed availability as well as some other logistical application.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your cash till did not reconcile at the end of your shift   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Coquitlam, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Port Coquitlam, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire in September 2011.

One brings their resume into the store, where you are briefly interviewed by a manager. The resume then goes to the owners, and they decide based upon your references, experience and the manager's rating of your interview. (Based upon presentation of both resume and self; confidence, clothing/ appearance, hours available).

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Canadian Tire in March 2011.

I applied for the job in person after hearing from the friend of a worker that the management preferred a hand-in to online. I was initially contacted in the beginning of March (three weeks after my hand-in), but it took until the beginning of April before they were prepared to schedule an interview. It then took a further four weeks with two follow-up calls before they would give me a decision regarding the position. I found the whole process really lengthy without any reasonable excuse.

Interview Questions
    • "Do you have a history of on-the-job accidents? We get a lot of those here."   View Answer