Canadian Tire

63 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2014.

Interview Details – Applied for the Business Analyst position though email and received an email confirming a phone interview date. Took the call, was asked Basic questions that are listened below. The phone call lasted about thirty minutes. Was told that I should receive an email in about a week telling me if I will be moving on to the second interview.

Interview Question – Questions were basic. They asked me the following questions: Why Canadian Tire? What was your greatest accomplishment? Why this job? Why this major instead of the other major that you pursued?   View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview Details – I handed in my resume at the customer service desk, and about a week later I got a call asking me to go in for an "interview". This interview was a forty minute long video which asks random skill based (hardware,math) questions. You write down your answers and if you do well, you might get a call back. Less than a week later I went in for an actual interview which lasted maybe ten minutes and was hired that day, and scheduled to come in for a three hour training shift the next week.

Interview Question – What would you like to do after highschool?   View Answer

Warehouse Manager Interview

Warehouse Manager
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in August 2010.

Interview Details – it was very easy to get into Canadian tire as the gm of this store is a friend of mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine

New Graduate - Technology Leadership Program Interview

New Graduate - Technology Leadership Program
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and about 3 weeks later received an email from Campus Program Specialist for a 15 minute phone interview. I was given two 2-hour slots and was told that I will receive a phone call anytime between these two slots.

I didn't receive any phone call from Canadian Tire within a given timeframe. I emailed back but didn't receive any reply.

Many phone calls and voicemails later, I was told that they selected a bunch of candidates from the first few they called for the in-person interview. They didn't think it was necessary to inform remaining candidates waiting for a phone call about the development.

This was the worst interview process experience I had in my professional career. The hiring process itself for the role of "Technology Leadership Program" says a lot about leadership and coordination within the company.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

Interview Details – I simply do not have any advice, they took me in almost without any questions because a relative of mine referred me and was only there to review the rules, and job responsibilities. Wasn't asked many (any) questions.

Interview Question – Is this your first cash job?   View Answers (3)

Negotiation Details – got hired, and got to work. I didn't care about my schedule and it was my first job so I was okay with minimum wage.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2012.

Interview Details – Culture is warm. Vetted through my resume, then a meeting with HR first, followed by an interview by the person I would be reporting to, 3rd interview was with his manager for approval, and then a 4th for overall review approval again with HR and my report to. It came down to myself and one other.

Interview Question – To provide situational examples of not meeting the mark on a project with specific reasons.   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in January 2012.

Interview Details – 1 phone interview and 1 in person interview. All behavioural questions. Knowledge of Canadian tire helps to answer and understand questions. Getting an interview was quick, it took weeks to get an offer.

Interview Question – Pretty standard questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations

Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canadian Tire in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the job in person after hearing from the friend of a worker that the management preferred a hand-in to online. I was initially contacted in the beginning of March (three weeks after my hand-in), but it took until the beginning of April before they were prepared to schedule an interview. It then took a further four weeks with two follow-up calls before they would give me a decision regarding the position. I found the whole process really lengthy without any reasonable excuse.

Interview Question – "Do you have a history of on-the-job accidents? We get a lot of those here."   View Answer

Coordinator, Dealer Services Interview

Coordinator, Dealer Services
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in September 2013.

Interview Details – I did a phone interview and in-person interview. The staff were incredibly friendly, the questions were all very normal (tell us about yourself, skills, weaknesses, experience, etc.). The only thing that threw me was the the job listing and initial interview led me to believe I was interviewing for a job that integrated HR skills and training, and then when I arrived for the in-person interview I was told it was more of an executive assistant role.

Interview Question – Honestly, there were no exceptionally difficult questions...   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate

Interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview Details – Very simple.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Worked for Canadian Tire? Contribute to the Community!