Canadian Tire Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.4

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

step1: phone interview with HR step2: meet up with AVP and HR step3: meet up with VP step4: got offer conditional on employment check (use BackCheck.com to run check, include 3 references and criminal check)

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions. Most of the questions are from the job posting description. They want to know if you be able to do the job as it is stated on the job description.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

One interview with manager, all behavioural questions. It was extremely easy. I went in one day and handed my resume to a manager. Received a call a few days later and went in for it. Took about 20 minutes with 10 or so questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a downfall, or area you need to improve about yourself   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

Applied through the HR website. First round is a phone interview with an HR representative to go over the resume and the relevant skills. Second round is held at the home office, where you sit with an HR representative and 2 managers. You are required to do a case study and prepare a presentation for them. After that, most of the questions are behavioral. At the end, they tell you to do a surprise case study on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If we are introducing a new product (similar to a product we already have) how would you go about forecasting the demand?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

The whole interview was in french. They asked me about my education, what i wanted to be when i grew up , my life goals. They also asked me about why i chose canadian tire , what i was hoping to do there. They also asked about my experience and the jobs Ive worked at and what skills were needed to do these jobs.

Interview Questions

• What are your life goals   2 Answers
    • Why Canadian Tire?   1 Answer
    • What skills did you use at your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

I received a 1/2 hour call from the recruiter after applying for the position online. He asked me a lot of questions about my previous experience, including quantifying the years of experience of various skills like Excel. Next, I was interviewed by the hiring manager and a coworker of the position. It was a lot of behaviour-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through all the steps you took in the annual salary review process.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

I was contacted and asked some questions on the phone about my experience. I was then called in for an interview. I had to prepare a case study they sent me and had to present it. They also asked a question about a product.

Interview Questions

• What would you take into cosnideration when analyzing the replenishment of this product ?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire in November 2014.

Interview

They called me on tuesday and had me in for the interview that thursday. Got a call back the day after. The interview was ten minutes long, but I had to wait five minutes for the manager to show up. They asked for my references, and some of the questions were based on those.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Can you name a time when you've had to deal with a difficult or irate customer?   Answer Question

Accounting Co-op Student Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

Two managers interviewed. Took about an hour to go through the question package. They were very nice as they explained the questions when I didn't understand them. Very pleasant experience overall. My manager told me they were looking for personality fit rather than your abilities.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Basic behavioral and situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Auto Parts Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

Allied in person received a call for an interview within 3 days. had interview with general manager and dept manger. Interview was relatively informal ...the usual focus on my personal relative experience sales and customer service skills and philosophies.and automotive background.

Automotive Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Really quick, and didn't ask much just availability Asked if I still played specific sports and if they were taking up a lot of time When I can start working at the store Can I do training online