Canadian Tire Interview Questions

Updated Jul 2, 2015

2.5

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through the HR website. First round is a phone interview with an HR representative to go over the resume and the relevant skills. Second round is held at the home office, where you sit with an HR representative and 2 managers. You are required to do a case study and prepare a presentation for them. After that, most of the questions are behavioral. At the end, they tell you to do a surprise case study on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If we are introducing a new product (similar to a product we already have) how would you go about forecasting the demand?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

The whole interview was in french. They asked me about my education, what i wanted to be when i grew up , my life goals. They also asked me about why i chose canadian tire , what i was hoping to do there. They also asked about my experience and the jobs Ive worked at and what skills were needed to do these jobs.

Interview Questions

• What are your life goals   2 Answers
    • Why Canadian Tire?   1 Answer
    • What skills did you use at your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

I received a 1/2 hour call from the recruiter after applying for the position online. He asked me a lot of questions about my previous experience, including quantifying the years of experience of various skills like Excel. Next, I was interviewed by the hiring manager and a coworker of the position. It was a lot of behaviour-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through all the steps you took in the annual salary review process.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

I was contacted and asked some questions on the phone about my experience. I was then called in for an interview. I had to prepare a case study they sent me and had to present it. They also asked a question about a product.

Interview Questions

• What would you take into cosnideration when analyzing the replenishment of this product ?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire in November 2014.

Interview

They called me on tuesday and had me in for the interview that thursday. Got a call back the day after. The interview was ten minutes long, but I had to wait five minutes for the manager to show up. They asked for my references, and some of the questions were based on those.

Interview Questions

• What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Can you name a time when you've had to deal with a difficult or irate customer?   Answer Question

Accounting Co-op Student Interview

Application

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

Two managers interviewed. Took about an hour to go through the question package. They were very nice as they explained the questions when I didn't understand them. Very pleasant experience overall. My manager told me they were looking for personality fit rather than your abilities.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Basic behavioral and situational questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Auto Parts Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

Allied in person received a call for an interview within 3 days. had interview with general manager and dept manger. Interview was relatively informal ...the usual focus on my personal relative experience sales and customer service skills and philosophies.and automotive background.

Automotive Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2014.

Interview

Really quick, and didn't ask much just availability
    Asked if I still played specific sports and if they were taking up a lot of time
    When I can start working at the store
    Can I do training online

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2014.

Interview

Applied for the Business Analyst position though email and received an email confirming a phone interview date. Took the call, was asked Basic questions that are listened below. The phone call lasted about thirty minutes. Was told that I should receive an email in about a week telling me if I will be moving on to the second interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were basic. They asked me the following questions: Why Canadian Tire? What was your greatest accomplishment? Why this job? Why this major instead of the other major that you pursued?   1 Answer

Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview process was quiet simple and straight forward, but very time consuming I had to wait for weeks to hear from Hr. Very bureaucratic and lengthy procedure. Good thing is that interviews are not very tough.expect multiple interviews and many questions will repeat. Also the recruiters were very friendly and helpful. Ask them as many questions as you want.

Interview Questions

• Where do i see bigdata revolution going?   1 Answer