Canadian Tire Interview Questions

Updated Aug 27, 2015

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

it was casual, and easy, and there is not much to be said about this process but i have to fill out 30 words so I guess I'll just keep typing.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brampton, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Brampton, ON (Canada)) in August 2015.

Interview

The process took about 2 weeks. I was contacted by the recruiter and had my interview with the Manager. I had my second interview with the team lead. The interview was not too difficult.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

step1: phone interview with HR step2: meet up with AVP and HR step3: meet up with VP step4: got offer conditional on employment check (use BackCheck.com to run check, include 3 references and criminal check)

Interview Questions

• Very standard questions. Most of the questions are from the job posting description. They want to know if you be able to do the job as it is stated on the job description.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

One interview with manager, all behavioural questions. It was extremely easy. I went in one day and handed my resume to a manager. Received a call a few days later and went in for it. Took about 20 minutes with 10 or so questions.

Interview Questions

• Q: Tell me a downfall, or area you need to improve about yourself   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

Interview

Applied through the HR website. First round is a phone interview with an HR representative to go over the resume and the relevant skills. Second round is held at the home office, where you sit with an HR representative and 2 managers. You are required to do a case study and prepare a presentation for them. After that, most of the questions are behavioral. At the end, they tell you to do a surprise case study on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If we are introducing a new product (similar to a product we already have) how would you go about forecasting the demand?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied by sending my resume to the the job posting. I got a call for an interview a day later. I attended the interview and the interview proceeded as per usual. However, at the end the interviewer decides to talk about how I was "late". I arrived on-time as the bus had some unforeseen circumstances. To me, it honestly seemed like she said no the moment she saw me.

Interview Questions

• They asked if I had references   1 Answer

Online Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2015.

Interview

Applied for a role on their ecommerce team. The HR guy was super friendly. Did a phone screening interview with him. I got a call back from HR, got asked to come in for a round...it was the only round they had. The lady interviewing me was super tired and this was late on a Friday. The interview went so-so. Didnt get the job. Behavioural interview. For the rejection, the HR guy called me and left a voicemail. When I called back, I was informed that I didnt move on...this was sort of nice of them/strange at the same time.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize, teamwork behavioural questions.   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

The whole interview was in french. They asked me about my education, what i wanted to be when i grew up , my life goals. They also asked me about why i chose canadian tire , what i was hoping to do there. They also asked about my experience and the jobs Ive worked at and what skills were needed to do these jobs.

Interview Questions

• What are your life goals   2 Answers
    • Why Canadian Tire?   1 Answer
    • What skills did you use at your previous jobs?   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

I received a 1/2 hour call from the recruiter after applying for the position online. He asked me a lot of questions about my previous experience, including quantifying the years of experience of various skills like Excel. Next, I was interviewed by the hiring manager and a coworker of the position. It was a lot of behaviour-based questions.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through all the steps you took in the annual salary review process.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

I was contacted and asked some questions on the phone about my experience. I was then called in for an interview. I had to prepare a case study they sent me and had to present it. They also asked a question about a product.

Interview Questions

• What would you take into cosnideration when analyzing the replenishment of this product ?   Answer Question