Canadian Tire

60 candidate interviews

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in February 2012.

Interview Details – Great visibility to the process, great ongoing communication through the three-stage process (phone interview with Staffing, manager face-to-face, executive face-to-face).

Interview Question – How can you add value to the organization/what are your perceptions of the business needs and what in your background/experience will help us resolve those needs?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had interview with HR over the phone. Asked very specific questions regarding previous work experience. Then received had an interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked lot of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you were not able to meet a deadline and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation.

Analyst Interview

Analyst

Interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview Details – Application, Phone Interview, In-Person Interview, Background check, Offer

Interview Question – Name a time where you given an ambiguous assignment?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canadian Tire in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position in August and was contacted via e-mail in September for a phone interview.

1st Interview: Phone with HR
This lasted about 15 minutes and was very basic. She asked me to go through my past experience, strengths/weaknesses, why I wanted to work at CT, and what my greatest accomplishment was to date. She also asked what my salary expectations were and then we set up an in-person interview which took place a week later.

2nd Interview: At CT Office with 1 HR and 2 DLMs(Divisional Logistics Manager)
This lasted about 45 min and was very heavy on behavioural questions. They asked me to explain a time where: I had to make a decision with little-to-no information, a time where I lead a team, a time where I had a conflict, what I knew about the position (they will be very impressed if you can nail this question), and there was some overlap in questions that I had answered in the 1st interview. They got back to me exactly 2 weeks after my interview to schedule a 3rd interview which was a case study.

3rd Interview: Case Study at CT Office with 2 DLMs
I was e-mailed the case study the day before my interview and was required to complete the 2 cases prior to my interview. This interview also lasted about 45 minutes. They asked me to go over my resume, asked me some behavioural questions regarding how I plan projects and some other ones that I don't remember. During the last 15 minutes, they asked me to go through the solutions I had prepared for the case study in a presentation format. They jotted down my answers but didn't give any feedback.

One week after the case study, I received an e-mail indicating that I was placed in the Supply Chain Analyst candidate pool. This means that when a SCA position opens that matches my skill set, I will be given a formal offer of employment.

Overall, the experience was a good one. All people, aside from the HR person were different in each of my interviews (hence some repetition in questions). It was fairly relaxed, but make sure you know what you're talking about. And don't be worried about getting the answer "right" in the case study. I'm sure it's just a matter of figuring out how you think.

Good luck!

Interview Question – Describe a time you had a conflict.   View Answer

Sports/Seasonal/Hardware/Housewares Interview

Sports/Seasonal/Hardware/Housewares
Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview Details – I did most hiring and the interview process usually would consist of meeting and getting to know 4-5 people in which 1 of those would be chosen for the position. Some stores do no interviews so you basically go in and start, others are even more detailed and will have follow up interviews as well.

Interview Question – Tell me about a specific situation in your last job (or life experience) that you had to make a difficult decision. How did you solve it? Why did you choose that method to solve it?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

Interview Details – The questioners are pretty behavior based. Nothing to really worry about in regards to technicalities.

Interview Question – Give me a time where you had to provide process improvement?   View Answer

Category Implementation Specialist Interview

Category Implementation Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I interviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2013.

Interview Details – After the initial online application there is a phone screen with an HR representative. The phone screen will ask about your understanding of the role and its place in the company, your experience and how it relates to the company, etc.

After the phone screen, if you are successful, you will interview with the hiring manager. This interview will differ based on the hiring manager as there is no pre-set question list and the manager may ask whatever questions they like. Be prepared for questions about your experience and how it will relate to the role, your comfort and ability with Excel and Access, and about your problem solving skills. Also be prepared to explain some of the strengths/weaknesses of the category you're interviewing for. Again depending on the hiring manager and the number of roles open, you may be invited back to interview with a Vice President and/or another manager, or you might get an offer after the initial interview.

Interview Question – Was asked for a competitive analysis of the company in the category I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Coordinator, Dealer Services Interview

Coordinator, Dealer Services
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in September 2013.

Interview Details – I did a phone interview and in-person interview. The staff were incredibly friendly, the questions were all very normal (tell us about yourself, skills, weaknesses, experience, etc.). The only thing that threw me was the the job listing and initial interview led me to believe I was interviewing for a job that integrated HR skills and training, and then when I arrived for the in-person interview I was told it was more of an executive assistant role.

Interview Question – Honestly, there were no exceptionally difficult questions...   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Windsor, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canadian Tire in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for the job in person after hearing from the friend of a worker that the management preferred a hand-in to online. I was initially contacted in the beginning of March (three weeks after my hand-in), but it took until the beginning of April before they were prepared to schedule an interview. It then took a further four weeks with two follow-up calls before they would give me a decision regarding the position. I found the whole process really lengthy without any reasonable excuse.

Interview Question – "Do you have a history of on-the-job accidents? We get a lot of those here."   View Answer

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2012.

Interview Details – Culture is warm. Vetted through my resume, then a meeting with HR first, followed by an interview by the person I would be reporting to, 3rd interview was with his manager for approval, and then a 4th for overall review approval again with HR and my report to. It came down to myself and one other.

Interview Question – To provide situational examples of not meeting the mark on a project with specific reasons.   Answer Question

Worked for Canadian Tire? Contribute to the Community!