Canadian Tire

Updated Dec 9, 2014
Updated Dec 9, 2014

2.4

Replenishment Analyst - New Graduate Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

I was contacted and asked some questions on the phone about my experience. I was then called in for an interview. I had to prepare a case study they sent me and had to present it. They also asked a question about a product.

Interview Questions
    • What would you take into cosnideration when analyzing the replenishment of this product ?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire in November 2014.

They called me on tuesday and had me in for the interview that thursday. Got a call back the day after. The interview was ten minutes long, but I had to wait five minutes for the manager to show up. They asked for my references, and some of the questions were based on those.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question
    • Can you name a time when you've had to deal with a difficult or irate customer?   Answer Question

Accounting Co-op Student Interview

The process took 4 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

Two managers interviewed. Took about an hour to go through the question package. They were very nice as they explained the questions when I didn't understand them. Very pleasant experience overall. My manager told me they were looking for personality fit rather than your abilities.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Basic behavioral and situational questions.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Cashier Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canadian Tire in October 2011.

Invited to interview with HR manager, very easy-going and casual interview with few behavioural questions. Was called back one day later and offered the position. Completed availability as well as some other logistical application.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if your cash till did not reconcile at the end of your shift   View Answer

Auto Parts Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Allied in person received a call for an interview within 3 days. had interview with general manager and dept manger. Interview was relatively informal ...the usual focus on my personal relative experience sales and customer service skills and philosophies.and automotive background.

Category Implementation Specialist Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire in February 2012.

Quick 20 minute phone interview followed by an interview with HR and the hiring manager. HR was asking the majority of the questions as the hiring manager was there to answer any job specific questions. Overall a good experience interviewing

Salary was not negotiable

Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canadian Tire in February 2011.

The hiring process was fairly straight forward when I interviewed with them back in 2011. It was a phone interview as I was not located in Toronto at the time and I really appreciated how accommodating they were. They asked me a lot of questions about my previous business experience and mainly focused on how I could apply my previous knowledge to the position I was applying for. The interviewers were very professional - which I preferred. Overall, the interview went very well and there were no big surprises.

Interview Questions
    • They asked a variety of questions - what your biggest strengths and weaknesses are.   Answer Question
    No option to negotiate as this position was a contract.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2014.

Applied for the Business Analyst position though email and received an email confirming a phone interview date. Took the call, was asked Basic questions that are listened below. The phone call lasted about thirty minutes. Was told that I should receive an email in about a week telling me if I will be moving on to the second interview.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were basic. They asked me the following questions: Why Canadian Tire? What was your greatest accomplishment? Why this job? Why this major instead of the other major that you pursued?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

I handed in my resume at the customer service desk, and about a week later I got a call asking me to go in for an "interview". This interview was a forty minute long video which asks random skill based (hardware,math) questions. You write down your answers and if you do well, you might get a call back. Less than a week later I went in for an actual interview which lasted maybe ten minutes and was hired that day, and scheduled to come in for a three hour training shift the next week.

Interview Questions
    • What would you like to do after highschool?   View Answer

Warehouse Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canadian Tire in August 2010.

it was very easy to get into Canadian tire as the gm of this store is a friend of mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine mine