Canadian Tire

2.4

Analyst Interview

Application, Phone Interview, In-Person Interview, Background check, Offer

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

I want to know to get an email after an interview at Canadian Tire if i need to wait for a couple of months. What is candidate pool.

New Graduate - Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire in November 2013.

I applied online and about 3 weeks later received an email from Campus Program Specialist for a 15 minute phone interview. I was given two 2-hour slots and was told that I will receive a phone call anytime between these two slots.

I didn't receive any phone call from Canadian Tire within a given timeframe. I emailed back but didn't receive any reply.

Many phone calls and voicemails later, I was told that they selected a bunch of candidates from the first few they called for the in-person interview. They didn't think it was necessary to inform remaining candidates waiting for a phone call about the development.

This was the worst interview process experience I had in my professional career. The hiring process itself for the role of "Technology Leadership Program" says a lot about leadership and coordination within the company.

Sports/Seasonal/Hardware/Housewares Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

I did most hiring and the interview process usually would consist of meeting and getting to know 4-5 people in which 1 of those would be chosen for the position. Some stores do no interviews so you basically go in and start, others are even more detailed and will have follow up interviews as well.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a specific situation in your last job (or life experience) that you had to make a difficult decision. How did you solve it? Why did you choose that method to solve it?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Canadian Tire in September 2013.

I applied for the position in August and was contacted via e-mail in September for a phone interview.

1st Interview: Phone with HR
    This lasted about 15 minutes and was very basic. She asked me to go through my past experience, strengths/weaknesses, why I wanted to work at CT, and what my greatest accomplishment was to date. She also asked what my salary expectations were and then we set up an in-person interview which took place a week later.

2nd Interview: At CT Office with 1 HR and 2 DLMs(Divisional Logistics Manager)
    This lasted about 45 min and was very heavy on behavioural questions. They asked me to explain a time where: I had to make a decision with little-to-no information, a time where I lead a team, a time where I had a conflict, what I knew about the position (they will be very impressed if you can nail this question), and there was some overlap in questions that I had answered in the 1st interview. They got back to me exactly 2 weeks after my interview to schedule a 3rd interview which was a case study.

3rd Interview: Case Study at CT Office with 2 DLMs
    I was e-mailed the case study the day before my interview and was required to complete the 2 cases prior to my interview. This interview also lasted about 45 minutes. They asked me to go over my resume, asked me some behavioural questions regarding how I plan projects and some other ones that I don't remember. During the last 15 minutes, they asked me to go through the solutions I had prepared for the case study in a presentation format. They jotted down my answers but didn't give any feedback.

One week after the case study, I received an e-mail indicating that I was placed in the Supply Chain Analyst candidate pool. This means that when a SCA position opens that matches my skill set, I will be given a formal offer of employment.

Overall, the experience was a good one. All people, aside from the HR person were different in each of my interviews (hence some repetition in questions). It was fairly relaxed, but make sure you know what you're talking about. And don't be worried about getting the answer "right" in the case study. I'm sure it's just a matter of figuring out how you think.

Good luck!

Analyst, Product & Environmental Stewardship Operations, Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canadian Tire in September 2013.

1) First Round: HR Screens
    2) Structured interview with the Manager + HR
    3) Simple straight forward questions

Interview Questions
    • Standard Interview questions; i.e.
      Tell me abt yourself
      Rate your excel/ppt expertise from beginner to expert
      Strengths and weakness
      No technical questions

Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

HR department worked so slow to staff the team (from October of 2011 to May 2012) that the hiring manager had to use an employment agency as the project started in February 2012. It meant no interview for us, they just screened the skills and hired two people, that's how urgent the task was and how far behind HR performance was. Later the manager appreciated the results of my work and I was proposed permanent employment.

Coordinator, Dealer Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire in September 2013.

I did a phone interview and in-person interview. The staff were incredibly friendly, the questions were all very normal (tell us about yourself, skills, weaknesses, experience, etc.). The only thing that threw me was the the job listing and initial interview led me to believe I was interviewing for a job that integrated HR skills and training, and then when I arrived for the in-person interview I was told it was more of an executive assistant role.

Interview Questions
    • Honestly, there were no exceptionally difficult questions...   Answer Question

Category Implementation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

interviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2013.

After the initial online application there is a phone screen with an HR representative. The phone screen will ask about your understanding of the role and its place in the company, your experience and how it relates to the company, etc.

After the phone screen, if you are successful, you will interview with the hiring manager. This interview will differ based on the hiring manager as there is no pre-set question list and the manager may ask whatever questions they like. Be prepared for questions about your experience and how it will relate to the role, your comfort and ability with Excel and Access, and about your problem solving skills. Also be prepared to explain some of the strengths/weaknesses of the category you're interviewing for. Again depending on the hiring manager and the number of roles open, you may be invited back to interview with a Vice President and/or another manager, or you might get an offer after the initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked for a competitive analysis of the company in the category I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Intern Position Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at Canadian Tire.

It was a pleasant talk over the telephone. It didn't seem too stressful thanks to the welcoming and understanding interviewer from HR. The main focus was on the background and most recent experiences including school projects. Interviewer was very friendly and open to any questions about the company and the hiring process.

Interview Questions
    • Salary question was very unexpected for an intern position. There also was a very open question about the most recent employment experience.   Answer Question