Canadian Tire Interview Questions

Updated Jun 17, 2015

2.4

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

Very simple.

Programmer Analyst, Co-op Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

Applied online,whole process took about a month. Was contacted by hiring manager directly

Interview Questions

• Everything was expected. No technical interview, just behavior and resume based questions   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Interview

easy hire. management was good at first. then switched and these guys played favourites. everyone could tell.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Application, Phone Interview, In-Person Interview, Background check, Offer

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview

I want to know to get an email after an interview at Canadian Tire if i need to wait for a couple of months. What is candidate pool.

New Graduate - Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and about 3 weeks later received an email from Campus Program Specialist for a 15 minute phone interview. I was given two 2-hour slots and was told that I will receive a phone call anytime between these two slots.

I didn't receive any phone call from Canadian Tire within a given timeframe. I emailed back but didn't receive any reply.

Many phone calls and voicemails later, I was told that they selected a bunch of candidates from the first few they called for the in-person interview. They didn't think it was necessary to inform remaining candidates waiting for a phone call about the development.

This was the worst interview process experience I had in my professional career. The hiring process itself for the role of "Technology Leadership Program" says a lot about leadership and coordination within the company.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position in August and was contacted via e-mail in September for a phone interview.

1st Interview: Phone with HR
    This lasted about 15 minutes and was very basic. She asked me to go through my past experience, strengths/weaknesses, why I wanted to work at CT, and what my greatest accomplishment was to date. She also asked what my salary expectations were and then we set up an in-person interview which took place a week later.

2nd Interview: At CT Office with 1 HR and 2 DLMs(Divisional Logistics Manager)
    This lasted about 45 min and was very heavy on behavioural questions. They asked me to explain a time where: I had to make a decision with little-to-no information, a time where I lead a team, a time where I had a conflict, what I knew about the position (they will be very impressed if you can nail this question), and there was some overlap in questions that I had answered in the 1st interview. They got back to me exactly 2 weeks after my interview to schedule a 3rd interview which was a case study.

3rd Interview: Case Study at CT Office with 2 DLMs
    I was e-mailed the case study the day before my interview and was required to complete the 2 cases prior to my interview. This interview also lasted about 45 minutes. They asked me to go over my resume, asked me some behavioural questions regarding how I plan projects and some other ones that I don't remember. During the last 15 minutes, they asked me to go through the solutions I had prepared for the case study in a presentation format. They jotted down my answers but didn't give any feedback.

One week after the case study, I received an e-mail indicating that I was placed in the Supply Chain Analyst candidate pool. This means that when a SCA position opens that matches my skill set, I will be given a formal offer of employment.

Overall, the experience was a good one. All people, aside from the HR person were different in each of my interviews (hence some repetition in questions). It was fairly relaxed, but make sure you know what you're talking about. And don't be worried about getting the answer "right" in the case study. I'm sure it's just a matter of figuring out how you think.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict.   1 Answer

Sports/Seasonal/Hardware/Housewares Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halifax, NS (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Halifax, NS (Canada)).

Interview

I did most hiring and the interview process usually would consist of meeting and getting to know 4-5 people in which 1 of those would be chosen for the position. Some stores do no interviews so you basically go in and start, others are even more detailed and will have follow up interviews as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a specific situation in your last job (or life experience) that you had to make a difficult decision. How did you solve it? Why did you choose that method to solve it?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

HR department worked so slow to staff the team (from October of 2011 to May 2012) that the hiring manager had to use an employment agency as the project started in February 2012. It meant no interview for us, they just screened the skills and hired two people, that's how urgent the task was and how far behind HR performance was. Later the manager appreciated the results of my work and I was proposed permanent employment.

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

1) First Round: HR Screens
    2) Structured interview with the Manager + HR
    3) Simple straight forward questions

Interview Questions

• Standard Interview questions; i.e.
      Tell me abt yourself
      Rate your excel/ppt expertise from beginner to expert
      Strengths and weakness