Canadian Tire Interview Questions

Updated Oct 1, 2014
Updated Oct 1, 2014

2.4

Co-op Position Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Canadian Tire.

1 interview

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you got negative feedback and how you reacted   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Talked lots about different situations that a normal cashier would face on a daily basis. Includes: helping manager out or cleaning up aisle spill?, how well you work in team situations. Very friendly 1 on 1 interview experience, especially for an entry level position. Tests to see if you are reliable and trustworthy to handle cash on a daily basis

Interview Questions
    • What is the maximum allowance for a deficit and surplus at the end of day cash reconciliation?   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Canadian Tire.

The interview was mostly behavioural questions with a few technical questions pertaining to the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you prioritize your tasks if you received multiple tasks and your supervisor was out of town and there was no way to decipher the deadlines of the report ?   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire in March 2013.

Had interview with HR over the phone. Asked very specific questions regarding previous work experience. Then received had an interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked lot of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a situation where you were not able to meet a deadline and how did you handle it.   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation.

Supply Chain Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire in March 2013.

Contacted to book interview time through campus recruiting after submitting application (about 3 or 4 weeks). Only 1 interview in whole process and received the offer on the same day. The recruiters were friendly and explained the role I was applying for at the start of the interview before diving into the questions. There was time to ask questions at the end.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had a conflict when working across different functions/divisions.   Answer Question

Other jobs with more interesting or more reputable companies. Annual pay was higher for the other companies too. Canadian Tire seems to offer only $18.15 for any intern role.

IT Position Interview

interviewed at Canadian Tire in January 2013.

got a phone interview, then after few days called me to go for level two in-person interview that consists of a case study followed by question and answer portion regarding the case study and a behavioral questions. you have 30 minutes to plan for the 10 minutes presentation base on the case study that they will give upon arrival. the interview took about one and a half hour. questions are pretty easy that are usually present in every interview. the case study is pretty basic planning situation. it is not hard.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about your achievements in your life, tell me about the conflicts that you have encountered from your previous experience. something like than they are pretty basic   Answer Question

I got better offer from other company

Retail Store/Shop Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at Canadian Tire in November 2012.

Multiple interviews with upper management ,

Interview Questions
    • what is your worst quality and why ? What are you doing to improve that ?
      How was I as an Interviewer ?
      Tell me a little about our company ?
        Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire.

2 rounds of interviews, one over the phone and second in person.
    Know you resume and the company thoroughly. All questions asked and general ones typically asked in all interviews.

Store Standards Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire in October 2012.

So, I handed my resume off, got a call back a few days later. Went to go for my interview. HR seemed very well happy from the start to interview me. Anyways it's was basic. Watch your contract they messed me over.

Why do you want to work at Canadian Tire
    Tell me one good thing, one bad.
    Why would you do if you saw a customer/co-worker stealing. (Say go to a Manager or LP.)
    What makes you better, then anybody else.

I was hired told it was part-time, then in the new year, the GM calls me and says I was only needed for 120 days. But on my contract it didn't say that.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canadian Tire in October 2012.

The interview was with a panel of the the team Manager, team lead and one HR person. The overall experience is very good and they didn't try to intimidate you rather getting the best out of you.

They start with the normal procedure of explaining what you are expecting to do for the job, and then get you to introduce yourself.

Most questions are soft skill questions, no many technical questions.