Canadian Tire

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview Details – Very simple.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in five years?   Answer Question

Interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview Details – easy hire. management was good at first. then switched and these guys played favourites. everyone could tell.

Interview Question – what are your strengths   View Answer

Regina, SK (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2011.

Interview Details – I had a friend who had been working there for two weeks, and I was in search for summer job. He introduced me to the automotive manager, and I asked him if he needed anyone. After having a short conversation with him, I handed him my resume and went home. I called back a few times and finally the HR person contacted me and I went in for an interview. It was a fairly short interview and mostly involved questions asking me about myself, and how I had demonstrated leadership in my life.

Interview Question – Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question

Abbotsford, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in August 2009.

Interview Details – Had a phone call and then interview within a week. Went well, lasted around 30-35 mins. Was little nervous at first since they take you in a small little room but answered all the questions to the point.

Interview Question – Behavioural question on show me an example of conflict resolution and how did you respond?   Answer Question

Sydney, NS (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2009.

Interview Details – Dropped off resume to a department manager and formerly introduced myself. Department manager indicated that he would organize interviews in the next few weeks. I made a point to follow up every week until the department manager eventually interviewed me on the spot. Questions were rather straight forward and were taken from a standard interview sheet that he was given from upper management. After interview, department manager asked when I would be available to start, and in conclusion I was on payroll by the following week.

Interview Question – What do you expect to do as a sales associate and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Nothing was negotiable as a high school student. Minimum wage was offered and was all I was looking for.

Edmonton, AB (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

Interview Details – Only one interview, few questions, mostly easy to answer. Tell me about your previous experience, tell me about yourself, why you choose this company. All questions related to background experience and what you expect to achieve.

Interview Question – Definition of customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Your wage, schedule and holidays.

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in August 2008.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume on a job finding site and got a call a few days after. I was called in for an interview. I had a one on one interview with the HR personnel of the store. He was very nice and friendly. He asked me questions about myself, customer service questions, etc. and got a call saying that I got the job a few days after.

Interview Question – How much do you know about painting?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at Canadian Tire

Worked for Canadian Tire? Contribute to the Community!

Canadian Tire Videos

Canadian Tire – Why Work for Us?

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods retailer, with more than 1,700 retail and gasoline outlets from coast-to-coast. Our primary… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canadian Tire Sales Associate interview questions and advice. All 7 interview reviews posted anonymously by Canadian Tire employees and interview candidates.