Canadian Tire

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Interviewed at Canadian Tire

Interview Details – For the first-round phone interview, there is just some common behaviour questions.
For the second-round on site interview, a case study about warehouse demand prediction will be tested and the interviewer should give a presentation about it.

Interview Question – How to predict the demand of different chocolates?   Answer Question

Supply Chain Analyst

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire.

Interview Details – I want to know to get an email after an interview at Canadian Tire if i need to wait for a couple of months. What is candidate pool.

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canadian Tire in September 2013.

Interview Details – I applied for the position in August and was contacted via e-mail in September for a phone interview.

1st Interview: Phone with HR
This lasted about 15 minutes and was very basic. She asked me to go through my past experience, strengths/weaknesses, why I wanted to work at CT, and what my greatest accomplishment was to date. She also asked what my salary expectations were and then we set up an in-person interview which took place a week later.

2nd Interview: At CT Office with 1 HR and 2 DLMs(Divisional Logistics Manager)
This lasted about 45 min and was very heavy on behavioural questions. They asked me to explain a time where: I had to make a decision with little-to-no information, a time where I lead a team, a time where I had a conflict, what I knew about the position (they will be very impressed if you can nail this question), and there was some overlap in questions that I had answered in the 1st interview. They got back to me exactly 2 weeks after my interview to schedule a 3rd interview which was a case study.

3rd Interview: Case Study at CT Office with 2 DLMs
I was e-mailed the case study the day before my interview and was required to complete the 2 cases prior to my interview. This interview also lasted about 45 minutes. They asked me to go over my resume, asked me some behavioural questions regarding how I plan projects and some other ones that I don't remember. During the last 15 minutes, they asked me to go through the solutions I had prepared for the case study in a presentation format. They jotted down my answers but didn't give any feedback.

One week after the case study, I received an e-mail indicating that I was placed in the Supply Chain Analyst candidate pool. This means that when a SCA position opens that matches my skill set, I will be given a formal offer of employment.

Overall, the experience was a good one. All people, aside from the HR person were different in each of my interviews (hence some repetition in questions). It was fairly relaxed, but make sure you know what you're talking about. And don't be worried about getting the answer "right" in the case study. I'm sure it's just a matter of figuring out how you think.

Good luck!

Interview Question – Describe a time you had a conflict.   View Answer

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in October 2011.

Interview Details – -1 HR rep
-2 Divisional Logistics Managers (DLMs)
-Asked questions based on resume and to elaborate on past experience
-Asked about strengths and weaknesses
Asked about specific scenarios such as:
-How do you deal with conflict?
-How do you work in teams vs. how you work individually?
-What are your ultimate career goals?

Interview Question – They show you two objects (a year-round object such as tape, and a seasonal object such as M&Ms inside a santa clause canister), and ask you how you would forecast for each differently.   Answer Question

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in September 2009.

Interview Details – There were three interviewers in total, one from HR, and the other two were team leads from two different teams. A general behavioural interview took place, in addition to a few questions about how to estimate the forecast of a few products that the interviewers have brought along. Overall, the interview was on the easy side, and with some prep work on supply chain and forecasting the job should be easy to get.

Interview Question – We have three products here. If you were to forecast the demand for these products for the coming year, what information would you look at, and why?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at Canadian Tire

Worked for Canadian Tire? Contribute to the Community!

Canadian Tire Videos

Canadian Tire – Why Work for Us?

Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited is one of Canada's most-shopped general retailers and the country's largest sporting goods retailer, with more than 1,700 retail and gasoline outlets from coast-to-coast. Our primary… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canadian Tire Supply Chain Analyst interview questions and advice. All 5 interview reviews posted anonymously by Canadian Tire employees and interview candidates.