Canadian Tire Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

2.6

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied through the HR website. First round is a phone interview with an HR representative to go over the resume and the relevant skills. Second round is held at the home office, where you sit with an HR representative and 2 managers. You are required to do a case study and prepare a presentation for them. After that, most of the questions are behavioral. At the end, they tell you to do a surprise case study on the spot.

Interview Questions

• If we are introducing a new product (similar to a product we already have) how would you go about forecasting the demand?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I handed in my resume at the customer service desk, and about a week later I got a call asking me to go in for an "interview". This interview was a forty minute long video which asks random skill based (hardware,math) questions. You write down your answers and if you do well, you might get a call back. Less than a week later I went in for an actual interview which lasted maybe ten minutes and was hired that day, and scheduled to come in for a three hour training shift the next week.

Interview Questions

• What would you like to do after highschool?   1 Answer

New Graduate - Technology Leadership Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and about 3 weeks later received an email from Campus Program Specialist for a 15 minute phone interview. I was given two 2-hour slots and was told that I will receive a phone call anytime between these two slots.

I didn't receive any phone call from Canadian Tire within a given timeframe. I emailed back but didn't receive any reply.

Many phone calls and voicemails later, I was told that they selected a bunch of candidates from the first few they called for the in-person interview. They didn't think it was necessary to inform remaining candidates waiting for a phone call about the development.

This was the worst interview process experience I had in my professional career. The hiring process itself for the role of "Technology Leadership Program" says a lot about leadership and coordination within the company.

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

I applied for the position in August and was contacted via e-mail in September for a phone interview.

1st Interview: Phone with HR
    This lasted about 15 minutes and was very basic. She asked me to go through my past experience, strengths/weaknesses, why I wanted to work at CT, and what my greatest accomplishment was to date. She also asked what my salary expectations were and then we set up an in-person interview which took place a week later.

2nd Interview: At CT Office with 1 HR and 2 DLMs(Divisional Logistics Manager)
    This lasted about 45 min and was very heavy on behavioural questions. They asked me to explain a time where: I had to make a decision with little-to-no information, a time where I lead a team, a time where I had a conflict, what I knew about the position (they will be very impressed if you can nail this question), and there was some overlap in questions that I had answered in the 1st interview. They got back to me exactly 2 weeks after my interview to schedule a 3rd interview which was a case study.

3rd Interview: Case Study at CT Office with 2 DLMs
    I was e-mailed the case study the day before my interview and was required to complete the 2 cases prior to my interview. This interview also lasted about 45 minutes. They asked me to go over my resume, asked me some behavioural questions regarding how I plan projects and some other ones that I don't remember. During the last 15 minutes, they asked me to go through the solutions I had prepared for the case study in a presentation format. They jotted down my answers but didn't give any feedback.

One week after the case study, I received an e-mail indicating that I was placed in the Supply Chain Analyst candidate pool. This means that when a SCA position opens that matches my skill set, I will be given a formal offer of employment.

Overall, the experience was a good one. All people, aside from the HR person were different in each of my interviews (hence some repetition in questions). It was fairly relaxed, but make sure you know what you're talking about. And don't be worried about getting the answer "right" in the case study. I'm sure it's just a matter of figuring out how you think.

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a conflict.   1 Answer

Analyst, Product & Environmental Stewardship Operations, Position Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

1) First Round: HR Screens
    2) Structured interview with the Manager + HR
    3) Simple straight forward questions

Interview Questions

• Standard Interview questions; i.e.
      Tell me abt yourself
      Rate your excel/ppt expertise from beginner to expert
      Strengths and weakness
      No technical questions

Answer Question

Coordinator, Dealer Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2013.

Interview

I did a phone interview and in-person interview. The staff were incredibly friendly, the questions were all very normal (tell us about yourself, skills, weaknesses, experience, etc.). The only thing that threw me was the the job listing and initial interview led me to believe I was interviewing for a job that integrated HR skills and training, and then when I arrived for the in-person interview I was told it was more of an executive assistant role.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, there were no exceptionally difficult questions...   Answer Question

Category Implementation Specialist Interview

Application

interviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

After the initial online application there is a phone screen with an HR representative. The phone screen will ask about your understanding of the role and its place in the company, your experience and how it relates to the company, etc.

After the phone screen, if you are successful, you will interview with the hiring manager. This interview will differ based on the hiring manager as there is no pre-set question list and the manager may ask whatever questions they like. Be prepared for questions about your experience and how it will relate to the role, your comfort and ability with Excel and Access, and about your problem solving skills. Also be prepared to explain some of the strengths/weaknesses of the category you're interviewing for. Again depending on the hiring manager and the number of roles open, you may be invited back to interview with a Vice President and/or another manager, or you might get an offer after the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Was asked for a competitive analysis of the company in the category I was interviewing for.   Answer Question

Programmer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2013.

Interview

Had interview with HR over the phone. Asked very specific questions regarding previous work experience. Then received had an interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked lot of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation where you were not able to meet a deadline and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No room for negotiation.

Store Standards Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

So, I handed my resume off, got a call back a few days later. Went to go for my interview. HR seemed very well happy from the start to interview me. Anyways it's was basic. Watch your contract they messed me over.

Why do you want to work at Canadian Tire
    Tell me one good thing, one bad.
    Why would you do if you saw a customer/co-worker stealing. (Say go to a Manager or LP.)
    What makes you better, then anybody else.

Negotiation

I was hired told it was part-time, then in the new year, the GM calls me and says I was only needed for 120 days. But on my contract it didn't say that.

Technical Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canadian Tire (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview was with a panel of the the team Manager, team lead and one HR person. The overall experience is very good and they didn't try to intimidate you rather getting the best out of you.

They start with the normal procedure of explaining what you are expecting to do for the job, and then get you to introduce yourself.

Most questions are soft skill questions, no many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle multitasking   1 Answer