Canadian Tire

Relevance Date Difficulty

Programmer Analyst Interview

Programmer Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in March 2013.

Interview Details – Had interview with HR over the phone. Asked very specific questions regarding previous work experience. Then received had an interview with the hiring manager. The hiring manager asked lot of technical and behavioral questions.

Interview Question – Explain a situation where you were not able to meet a deadline and how did you handle it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 6 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in August 2010.

Interview Details – Contacted by HR to schedule the interview after I had filled out the online application. The online application had questions about technical skills required to perform the job. Both HR and technical interview conducted at the same time. Asked to provide reference checks after 3 days and received the offer in 10 days.

Interview Question – Nothing complex.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No Negotiation. Very little room for negotiation.

Very Easy Interview

Store Standards Interview

Store Standards
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Canadian Tire in October 2012.

Interview Details – So, I handed my resume off, got a call back a few days later. Went to go for my interview. HR seemed very well happy from the start to interview me. Anyways it's was basic. Watch your contract they messed me over.

Why do you want to work at Canadian Tire
Tell me one good thing, one bad.
Why would you do if you saw a customer/co-worker stealing. (Say go to a Manager or LP.)
What makes you better, then anybody else.

Negotiation Details – I was hired told it was part-time, then in the new year, the GM calls me and says I was only needed for 120 days. But on my contract it didn't say that.

IT Coop Student Interview

IT Coop Student
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Canadian Tire in May 2012.

Interview Details – One interview at Head Office

Interview Question – -Standard Behaviour Questions   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Systems Analyst Interview

Systems Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Canadian Tire in June 2011.

Interview Details – They usually hire contract people for IT from Onico Soultions.

Interview Question – They'll ask standard technology questions. They'll ask how you would deal with a difficult person who insists on having an answer at that very moment on the phone. In this situation, you don't know the answer and you are on a rotational schedule and none of your colleagues know the answer too.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It was through my agent.

Technical Analyst Interview

Technical Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was with a panel of the the team Manager, team lead and one HR person. The overall experience is very good and they didn't try to intimidate you rather getting the best out of you.

They start with the normal procedure of explaining what you are expecting to do for the job, and then get you to introduce yourself.

Most questions are soft skill questions, no many technical questions.

Interview Question – How do you handle multitasking   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in June 2008.

Interview Details – All interviews took place in one day. One interview was with person who would be my manager and other members of team and second was with director. Standard interview questions such as how did you react in particular situations. They also as behavioral questions.

Interview Question – The most difficult was trying to answer situational questions for situations that you never experienced.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in January 2008.

Interview Details – was hired at the bottom of the ladder and worked my way up over the years, asking for the position internally when one came available

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, take it or leave it

Space Planning Specialist Interview

Space Planning Specialist
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2010.

Interview Details – You with usually a rep from HR and 1-2 managers

Interview Question – A time when you had to deal with adversity in the workplace?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they're open to bargaining, but tough to get above the offer

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of a phone interview with HR, and two 1:1 interviews with the hiring manager and HR and the AVP.

The interviewers were nice and the environment was quite relaxed, other than the pressure that I had put on myself. So try and relax for your interview.

Interview Question – What business issues would you consider while preparing a forecast   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not much room for negotiation. The salary band for each role is pretty much fixed, so you can only negotiate the highest salary within the band which usually is not so much as the range is not high.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Canadian Tire