Canadian Tire

22 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Technical Analyst Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in October 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was with a panel of the the team Manager, team lead and one HR person. The overall experience is very good and they didn't try to intimidate you rather getting the best out of you.

They start with the normal procedure of explaining what you are expecting to do for the job, and then get you to introduce yourself.

Most questions are soft skill questions, no many technical questions.

Interview Question – How do you handle multitasking   View Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in June 2008.

Interview Details – All interviews took place in one day. One interview was with person who would be my manager and other members of team and second was with director. Standard interview questions such as how did you react in particular situations. They also as behavioral questions.

Interview Question – The most difficult was trying to answer situational questions for situations that you never experienced.   Answer Question

Department Manager Interview

Department Manager
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in January 2008.

Interview Details – was hired at the bottom of the ladder and worked my way up over the years, asking for the position internally when one came available

Interview Question – n/a   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none, take it or leave it

Space Planning Specialist Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2010.

Interview Details – You with usually a rep from HR and 1-2 managers

Interview Question – A time when you had to deal with adversity in the workplace?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – they're open to bargaining, but tough to get above the offer

Financial Analyst Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in March 2011.

Interview Details – The hiring process consisted of a phone interview with HR, and two 1:1 interviews with the hiring manager and HR and the AVP.

The interviewers were nice and the environment was quite relaxed, other than the pressure that I had put on myself. So try and relax for your interview.

Interview Question – What business issues would you consider while preparing a forecast   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was not much room for negotiation. The salary band for each role is pretty much fixed, so you can only negotiate the highest salary within the band which usually is not so much as the range is not high.

Consultant Interview

Consultant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in February 2012.

Interview Details – Great visibility to the process, great ongoing communication through the three-stage process (phone interview with Staffing, manager face-to-face, executive face-to-face).

Interview Question – How can you add value to the organization/what are your perceptions of the business needs and what in your background/experience will help us resolve those needs?   Answer Question

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Senior Financial Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

Interview Details – The questioners are pretty behavior based. Nothing to really worry about in regards to technicalities.

Interview Question – Give me a time where you had to provide process improvement?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Cashier
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

Interview Details – Very easy, 15 minute interview. Basic questions.

Interview Questions

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Supply Chain Analyst
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Canadian Tire in September 2009.

Interview Details – There were three interviewers in total, one from HR, and the other two were team leads from two different teams. A general behavioural interview took place, in addition to a few questions about how to estimate the forecast of a few products that the interviewers have brought along. Overall, the interview was on the easy side, and with some prep work on supply chain and forecasting the job should be easy to get.

Interview Question – We have three products here. If you were to forecast the demand for these products for the coming year, what information would you look at, and why?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Canadian Tire in March 2010.

Interview Details – interview was very professional and just ask basic situational and past work experiences

Interview Questions