Canadian Tire

Updated Sep 22, 2014

2.6

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Canadian Tire in July 2012.

Culture is warm. Vetted through my resume, then a meeting with HR first, followed by an interview by the person I would be reporting to, 3rd interview was with his manager for approval, and then a 4th for overall review approval again with HR and my report to. It came down to myself and one other.

Interview Questions
    • To provide situational examples of not meeting the mark on a project with specific reasons.   Answer Question

IT Coop Student Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire in May 2012.

One interview at Head Office

No negotiation

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

Very easy, 15 minute interview. Basic questions.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

The questioners are pretty behavior based. Nothing to really worry about in regards to technicalities.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time where you had to provide process improvement?   View Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire in April 2012.

I simply do not have any advice, they took me in almost without any questions because a relative of mine referred me and was only there to review the rules, and job responsibilities. Wasn't asked many (any) questions.

Interview Questions
    got hired, and got to work. I didn't care about my schedule and it was my first job so I was okay with minimum wage.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire in February 2012.

Great visibility to the process, great ongoing communication through the three-stage process (phone interview with Staffing, manager face-to-face, executive face-to-face).

Interview Questions
    • How can you add value to the organization/what are your perceptions of the business needs and what in your background/experience will help us resolve those needs?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire in January 2012.

1 phone interview and 1 in person interview. All behavioural questions. Knowledge of Canadian tire helps to answer and understand questions. Getting an interview was quick, it took weeks to get an offer.

No negotiations

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canadian Tire in October 2011.

-1 HR rep
    -2 Divisional Logistics Managers (DLMs)
    -Asked questions based on resume and to elaborate on past experience
    -Asked about strengths and weaknesses
    Asked about specific scenarios such as:
    -How do you deal with conflict?
    -How do you work in teams vs. how you work individually?
    -What are your ultimate career goals?

Interview Questions
    • They show you two objects (a year-round object such as tape, and a seasonal object such as M&Ms inside a santa clause canister), and ask you how you would forecast for each differently.   Answer Question

Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canadian Tire in June 2011.

They usually hire contract people for IT from Onico Soultions.

Interview Questions
    • They'll ask standard technology questions. They'll ask how you would deal with a difficult person who insists on having an answer at that very moment on the phone. In this situation, you don't know the answer and you are on a rotational schedule and none of your colleagues know the answer too.   View Answer
    It was through my agent.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canadian Tire in March 2011.

The hiring process consisted of a phone interview with HR, and two 1:1 interviews with the hiring manager and HR and the AVP.

The interviewers were nice and the environment was quite relaxed, other than the pressure that I had put on myself. So try and relax for your interview.

Interview Questions
    • What business issues would you consider while preparing a forecast   View Answer
    There was not much room for negotiation. The salary band for each role is pretty much fixed, so you can only negotiate the highest salary within the band which usually is not so much as the range is not high.