Canadian Western Bank Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

2.5

Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Canadian Western Bank (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was so informal. The hiring manager was not even dressed appropriately. I did not even think she's a. Manager. The other manager in the room said she has other stuffs to do so just move on with their prepared 10 questions on paper and she'll come back. Interview questions are so basic and dumb. After that we shook hands and on the way out the manager asks me how much salary I wanted( so informal and I find odd) said she'll call then she called again later that afternoon asked for my basic info and best of all my credit score to be pulled. I went in even I know my credit score was not great, I knew I'm capable of the job. From there you'll be judged cuz u have a low credit score. That's sad for a company to base employment on a score when you are more capable of the job and qualified. Waste of time. I'm now hired for a better position and on my way to have a good credit score. No wonder they never go that far.

Interview Questions

• How did I get to have my position from previous job since I am Asian? ( what a question right?) discriminatory   1 Answer

Recruitment Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canadian Western Bank (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

I was recruited into this position - the interview process was professional, detailed and comfortable. I met with three senior leaders who were interested in sharing themselves and the company as well as allowing me to express my questions and my experiences in the working world.

Interview Questions

• I was told that this was a high energy, deadline driven environment and asked to give an example of how I had handled that in the past   Answer Question

Negotiation

excellent

Commercial Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canadian Western Bank (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Quick, ambiguous, and you could sense they needed people very badly. In hindsight it was obvious that there was management insecurity which became more of an issue later. Don't be nervous, despite the slow economy no one is available to be hired.

Sales and Service Representative II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Canadian Western Bank (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in November 2013.

Interview

Easy to apply on line, was called quickly, the interview itself was more challenging than expected. It was a great experience

Interview Questions

• There was lots of questions in regards to leadership, lots of past experience questions, where do you see yourself in 5 years.   Answer Question

Mortgage Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canadian Western Bank (Edmonton, AB (Canada)).

Interview

Two to three interviews.

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canadian Western Bank.

Interview

Approached directly by a Regional VP to join. Discussion centred on corporate goals/processes/attitudes and compensation. The former centred on the ability to implement much needed changes to attain market competitiveness and thus success/satisfaction in the position. The latter took extensive negotiation to arrive at a barely satisfactory level (which remained well below competitor levels).

Interview Questions

• Nothing unexpected. Emphasis was on the network of contacts that could be exploited for business development purposes.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very tedious. A lot of nickel and diming over compensation.