Cancer Care Ontario

Updated Dec 19, 2014
Updated Dec 19, 2014

2.9

Project Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cancer Care Ontario.

I applied online.
    Received a call 10 days later and scheduled for an interview for the week after.
    Interview panel consisted of 3 members, the Sr. PM, and 2 Sr. BAs.
    Sr. PM gave an overview of the organization, team, and position role.
    Each member asked a set of questions - some behavioural, some technical.
    You are asked if you have any questions for them, and if you do, they answer.
    They tell you the next steps - when to expect a call, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Can you give a time when you had to work with a knowledgeable/not knowledgeable colleague and how you dealt with them?   Answer Question

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Cancer Care Ontario in November 2014.

Applied for the job online and about 2 weeks later I was contacted for an in-person interview. I was Interviewed by a Manager and a Director from the team who were extremely friendly and attentive throughout the interview and made for a comfortable interview environment. Interview lasted about 40-45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected, mainly behavioural questions. Dealing with conflict, process of presenting important information, Organizational skills.   Answer Question

Senior Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cancer Care Ontario in September 2014.

Three weeks after having applied for the job, I received an email with an offer for an interview, a week from that day. Two days after the interview I received a conditional offer, pending references and proof of credentials. Ten days after three of my references were contacted I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most of the questions were behavioural questions. I.e. tell me about a time when you showed innovative thinking.   Answer Question
    • A few of the questions were technical, with specific relevance to the job.   Answer Question
    Easy. Very accommodating and understanding.

Senior Researcher Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Cancer Care Ontario in July 2014.

Process was very slow. Took four months until I got a reply and another month before interview. The interview was with two individuals and took about one hour and five questions on management mostly. Be prepared with a lot of scenario type answers and conflict management.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Very management skills oriented questions and barely on research.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Cancer Care Ontario in June 2014.

Meritorious selection. Mostly Behavioral interview Two or more rounds of interview.Practical experience questions. Real Time environment Interviewers are experienced and come from varied background. Very professional environment. Very well organized. Lot of HR Related questions and situation handling questions. Test of real time and practical exposure.

Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cancer Care Ontario.

Initial communication was great, clear direction with what was needed for the interview. Little follow up post interview...fine if I did not get the job, but would have been nice to know I did not get a second interview.

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Cancer Care Ontario.

phone interview after 3days submited my resume. face to face interview next day. The interview was mostly behavioural question, two interviewer in the panel, one of the interviewers asked a couple of technical questions relate to the position.

Interview Questions
    • tell me about yourself and how you can fit the position   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cancer Care Ontario in May 2013.

Hiring process at the front end was quick and efficient. Clear agenda for interview sent out in advance. Part of interview required interviewee to deliver a 20 minutes slide presentation of a key business goal. Interview comprised small panel (2-3 persons). Hiring manager provided an overview of the company, representative department/functional group and the specific roles and accountability of the position. Decision on extending a conditional offer was made 2 days after the interview and offer was communicated over the phone and via e-mail. The hiring process in total took between 5-6 weeks culminating in the start date for the new hire.

Interview Questions
    • Main emphasis on how the candidate would fit into the organization's culture. Many questions around dealing with complex problems, dealing with conflict and overall management style. In this respect, not many challenging technical questions, more channeled towards the condidates ability to communicate, lead, inspire and create, build team harmony.   Answer Question
    Negotiations over salary and benefits were amicable although not much flexibility provided for improved terms. Feeling was that more concessions were made by the candidate on salary, benfits and general conditions of employment.

Planning Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at Cancer Care Ontario.

Found job posting on workopolis. Received a phone call 10 days after I submitted application as they searched for internal applicants first, before external.

The interview was entirely behavioural, although one of the interviewers asked a couple of unplanned technical questions.

Analyst Interview

Complete behavioural interview. A manager will use a list of questions and will write down your answers. The interview might go for 30-45 minutes. And there is only one round of interview.

No negotioation