Cancer Research UK Interview Questions

Updated Oct 3, 2014

2.8

Corporate Partnerships Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at Cancer Research UK.

The was a simple online application which asked all of the usual questions (e.g. why Cancer Research UK, why this role etc). I was then invited to an interview at their office in London. I was interviewed by two people from the department who were very friendly and it was quite informal questioning and a relaxed atmosphere. They asked me about the challenges that Cancer Research UK face, as well as my motivation for applying and other similar questions that focused on the role. I prepared by researching them online on their website and checking for any new developments in the news and that seemed to be enough. Later, when I joined, they said they look for friendly people that have potential and seem enthusiastic about the cause. They understood that not everyone would have a lot of experience.

Interview Questions
    • Some other interns got asked questions like 'If you were part of a salad what part would you be?' and 'what is your favourite holiday?'. These are just to make sure you have a bit of personality.   Answer Question
    An internship so no negotiation

Human Resource Project Manager Interview

Great, very well organised and made me feel comfortable

Interview Questions
    • When have you had to have a difficult conversation, how did you approach it?   Answer Question

Service Delivery Manager IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied through other source – interviewed at Cancer Research UK in January 2013.

Applied via Jobserve/agency then receive more details of role. Clearly state that Cancer Reasearch does not discriminate on grounds of race age etc. CV submitted along with 5 others by agent - mine just got lost - I am over 50 with a lot of experience working in large organisations and have been very successful and more than meet their job spec requirements. This is not the first time this has occurred - Ageism rules in this organisation!

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Cancer Research UK in March 2012.

An easy and voluntary process! No actual hard questions asked, a good way to get your foot in the door of retail. You went to the store and asked about a job. It was useful to know someone in the store but not necessarily vital.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about previous work experience   View Answer

Shop Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dumfries, Scotland (UK)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dumfries, Scotland (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cancer Research UK in August 2011.

I was a volunteer initially and saw the vacancy in the internal vacancies list. I applied and heard nothing for almost 2 months, before being called for interview. I got the impression at the time that they just wanted someone to keep the doors open during Christmas and I had the ability to do that. Two weeks later I was offered the job and immediately sent for training.

No negotiation.

Corporate Partnerships Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cancer Research UK in June 2011.

Relaxed and friendly interview at Cancer Research UK's HQ in Angel, London. Had two separate interviews with two colleagues at each for different departments. More competency -based questions and as to reasons why I applied and would be able to contribute to the charity.