Cancer Treatment Centers of America

Cancer Treatment Centers of America Interview Questions

Updated Apr 10, 2015
Updated Apr 10, 2015

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

Interview

The interview process from first interview to offer lasted about 6 weeks. They were very flexible and polite, but it was a bit difficult navigating time off from my employer at the time. It was totally worth it though

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in March 2015.

Interview

Received call from talent recruiter approximately 2 weeks after applying online. Interviewed with 2 manager of different departments. Interview seemed to go well, a little rushed, which made it seem they were not really interested from the beginning. Received an email response no more than 20 minutes after the interview that I was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the company and why I wanted to work there. Asked about my resume, background and work with previous employers and those "what would would you do/how did you handle" situation questions. Asked technical questions relating to position.   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

Interview

Online psychological profile most of which not related to technology positions as it is about patient care and hospital practices. Way to interested in salary makes them seem cheap and disinterested in finding top notch skilled staff for technology.

Quality Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

Interview

I had a over 3 month interview process. I met different stakeholders from different levels. Each one of them will explain what CTCA means to them. The process can be quite lengthy so take in mind when considering look for a job with them. Also, most hospitals are outside city limits even though they advertise their location in major cities. I had a positive experience

Interview Questions

• How do you engage a team that not receptive to your idea? Biggest accomplishment? How do you fit with CTCA?   Answer Question

Management Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

Interview

They came to recruit on campus at our career fair. After speaking with them and applying was asked to come for an interview on campus. The interview was 2 on 1 and they simply went through my resume but seemed focused much more on people who had no idea about business such as English majors and biology which does not make much sense as they are hiring for a business position. They are looking for a social person and not one who is actually passionate about healthcare.

IS Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

Interview

Process was rather typical. I applied online, had phone screen through talent rep, phone interview with hiring manager shortly after, in-person panel interview with hiring manager, team and colleagues which was followed by a verbal offer/negotiations. It took about 2-3 weeks to get to this point. The logistics (offer, background check, drug test, etc. took about another week. So about a month from start to final approval.

The HR phone screen was actually a bit technical A few "how would you accomplish this" and "define that" 's. There were a few HR-type questions (salary requirement, travel, relocation, etc.).

Interview Questions

• Nothing was really difficult or unexpected. Was up-front and honest on my resume and answered all questions honestly. Was a caught off-guard by the complexity of technical questions presented by the talent rep but answered accordingly.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty direct and to the point. I negotiated what i wanted based on my market research and my personal needs and we met in the middle.

Management Fellow Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university career services and had my interview on campus as well. The interview was with the VP of management and a current management fellow. Then they had me to do a call with Talent Plus, a leadership gauging agency. This call was weirder than anything I have ever done. Had I passed at this point, I would have been invited to a final round interview.

Manager Interview

Interview

Rigorous and multistage interviews, with separate personality and drug testing. Wished they shared blinded, summary results of personality testing of existing employees with candidates -- to help assess and predict group productivity and interactions, and facilitate personality fit of new team members. Not every staffer should be a type A. Disappointed direct reports were not included in the interview process, as those relationships are important.

Interview Questions

• Asked for many examples of responses to past situations, "how did you deal with ______."   Answer Question

Transportation Dispatcher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in September 2014.

Interview

Filled out application and submitted resume via CTCA website. Received an initial auto generated email stating that they received my application. Got a call from the Talent Department. Went in for an interview with the same person from Talent. Then went on to interview with the persons that would be my direct supervisors in the position. Over a week later, got a call from Talent stating that they had narrowed the choices down to myself and a couple other candidates and needed references. Needed five professional references (two had to be former managers). References were requested to fill out an online survey. A little more than a week later I was called and offered the position. Background check and pre-employment physical were required.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty general. My strengths and weaknesses, my experience. Why I would be good for this position. An example of how I handle conflict with co-workers   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be prepared to wait. The hiring process with CTCA can be a long one.

IT Position Interview

Application

Interview

Several rounds on phone interviews, on site interview and lots of communication with HR rep during process. Many levels of management involved me the decision making and interview process. Overall process last about a month from start to offer.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest/defeat and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it?   Answer Question