Cancer Treatment Centers of America Interview Questions

Updated Aug 20, 2015

Management Fellow Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university career services and had my interview on campus as well. The interview was with the VP of management and a current management fellow. Then they had me to do a call with Talent Plus, a leadership gauging agency. This call was weirder than anything I have ever done. Had I passed at this point, I would have been invited to a final round interview.

Manager Interview

Interview

Rigorous and multistage interviews, with separate personality and drug testing. Wished they shared blinded, summary results of personality testing of existing employees with candidates -- to help assess and predict group productivity and interactions, and facilitate personality fit of new team members. Not every staffer should be a type A. Disappointed direct reports were not included in the interview process, as those relationships are important.

Interview Questions

• Asked for many examples of responses to past situations, "how did you deal with ______."   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in September 2014.

Interview

Filled out application and submitted resume via CTCA website. Received an initial auto generated email stating that they received my application. Got a call from the Talent Department. Went in for an interview with the same person from Talent. Then went on to interview with the persons that would be my direct supervisors in the position. Over a week later, got a call from Talent stating that they had narrowed the choices down to myself and a couple other candidates and needed references. Needed five professional references (two had to be former managers). References were requested to fill out an online survey. A little more than a week later I was called and offered the position. Background check and pre-employment physical were required.

Interview Questions

• Questions were pretty general. My strengths and weaknesses, my experience. Why I would be good for this position. An example of how I handle conflict with co-workers   Answer Question

Negotiation

Be prepared to wait. The hiring process with CTCA can be a long one.

IT Position Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

Interview

Several rounds on phone interviews, on site interview and lots of communication with HR rep during process. Many levels of management involved me the decision making and interview process. Overall process last about a month from start to offer.

Interview Questions

• What was your greatest/defeat and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Describe a difficult situation and how you overcame it?   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Application

The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

Interview

Initial phone interview was very structured. Everyone was nice on-site. Third round was Delayed only to be notified that offer was made to other candidate under the guise of waiting to arrange times for other interviewers. Felt like the 2nd or 3rd choice, would have liked to have been told status upfront instead of wasting time.

Registered Nurse Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newnan, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Newnan, GA).

Interview

Very competent process.Very friendly people.Given a test over the computer that you must pass before you can get a interview.Personality type test.Don't know how they judge this test.Interview precess was very friendly and everybody was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions during interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very simple and straight forward.

IT Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

Interview

Short HR telephone interview reviewing resume, about 30 minutes. Hiring manager interview lasted about 45 minutes. Interview was focused on technical aspects of resume. Then 2.5 hour telephone profile interview. Interviewer was new and nervous....Very abstract.

Denials Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America.

Interview

Received a call for a phone interview. I was then invited for an office interview. The HR staff didn't mention about the people who will be doing the interviews (if it is one just one person only or different people). It was a very long interview with several individuals interviewing you from the HR staff, manager, director. It seems like they were getting inside information on how one does denials.

Interview Questions

• No difficult question. They just want to know the specific things you do at your work.   Answer Question

Very low salary.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Goodyear, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America (Goodyear, AZ) in May 2014.

Interview

Very thorough; there were numerous interviews and background checks. There was first a phone screen with the recruiter. Then there was a Skype interview with the hiring manager. Then they flew me out to the office location and I interviewed one on one with eight different people. Then they flew me back and I interviewed with a panel. Then I had my references checked. Then I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• If there was anyone I knew that had had cancer.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Will not provide range, but will let you know that they pay up to the midpoint of the range.

Medical Dosimetrist Interview

Interview

The process what very welcoming and established a level of camaraderie from the first phone call. Not only did they fly me to the city and put me in a hotel, they treated me to multiple tours and to lunch. Great Experience with Great People!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give a detailed reasoning for treating brain cancer with Tomotherapy.   Answer Question