Cancer Treatment Centers of America
www.cancercenter.com Schaumburg, IL

Cancer Treatment Centers of America Management Fellow Program Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Management Fellow Program Interview

Management Fellow Program

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at Cancer Treatment Centers of America in October 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed by a senior executive and a management fellow who recently graduated from the program. There was an extreme contrast in demeanor between the two: the fellow was a young woman who was very, very pleasant, soft-spoken, and smiled broadly through the whole interview. The executive was an older woman who was very stern and cold. Each asked half of the questions. Most were negatively focused - name your greatest challenge, and instance in which you failed, your greatest weakness, etc.

The older executive seemed very distrustful from the start, and at one point in the interview, she noted that the I misspoke about the starting date of one of the experiences I was verbally referencing from my resume. Rather than simply asking me about what the actual start date was, she actually began to scream at me. She asked if I was lying about my experiences, how they could trust any of the rest of my experiences, and why they should ever hire a liar... I was absolutely shocked at her extreme reaction. I simply apologized and corrected myself, citing the resume as listing the correct date, and noting that as a busy college student involved in a variety of activities, my memory may have approximated the exact starting date.

Altogether, this was the worst and most awkward interview I have ever had! Creepiest was the fact that the younger fellow was very stiff and a little TOO pleasant through the whole process (beginning to end), and the older executive had such explosive anger along with a difficult, belittling demeanor. This showed me that the corporate environment at CTCA must be extremely fractured.

Edit: just read company reviews.. seems like my suspicions about the working environment were correct. This made me feel a lot better about this seriously mentally-scarring interview. And grateful that I was not offered a second round interview. Thank you Glassdoor!!

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness? Name an example?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Cancer Treatment Centers of America? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Cancer Treatment Centers of America Management Fellow Program interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by Cancer Treatment Centers of America employees and interview candidates.