CannonDesign Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.8

IT Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CannonDesign in August 2014.

Interview

It took about 2 weeks before I was contacted. But, when I contacted, I was not scheduled for interview because my salary range expectation was high. So, I emailed back HR and lowered down my expectation and I got the job interview. However, I didn't get job. It was 2 people on site and one IT person, and HR on Web/Video. Most of the times I was talking to the IT person, the local managers were like observing me. I felt that one of them was not that friendly. After a week, I emailed back and found out they picked someone else. I am not sure if other candidate got the job because of lower salary expectation.

Architect II Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CannonDesign.

Interview

One interview - but sent my portfolio in multiple times. Took an inside friend to get the interview. Principal interviewing was 30 minutes late to interview. Was very friendly in the interview but once i started there, hardly said 'Hi' in passing.

Interview Questions

• Nothing - highly predictable interview. Not much excitement.   Answer Question

Consultant II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

The hiring process is very lengthy; but I was told this in advance. I really appreciated that I got to meet many members of the team in advance as well as tour the workplace. I think one of the most important pieces of a job is knowing if you 'feel' good about the people.

Interview Questions

• You are required to complete a case study. They want the study completed within a certain period of time and you get to choose when you will have the availability and be uninterrupted.   1 Answer

Interior Designer III/Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Cannon Design conducts a rather long interview process, involving 2-3 meetings

Negotiation

Not much room for negotiations, they wouldnt move on salary but that was 10 years ago. Finding good designers is getting harder and harder so I think they work with prospective employees more

Architect II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Baltimore, MD) in May 2011.

Interview

We had a Go-to-Meeting interview and then I got an offer a week later. I visited before I accepted and they were very personable and willing to answer all my questions. A great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Why did you change jobs so often?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. They met me half way on the salary range I gave them. I thought that was fair, even though more money never hurts anyone. If you feel like negotiating, go for it. (in a respectful and professional way of course)

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

Phone interview with HR followed up by in-person interview.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Island, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Grand Island, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Was an intern, so I was taken into a conference room for a somewhat surprise interview with people I knew. Was given an official offer after a couple days. It was pretty informal since they already knew my skills/personality.

Negotiation

Tried to negotiate, they did not budge at all. Offer was very average.

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Chicago, IL) in April 2009.

Interview

I was referred by an employee for a specific project. They called me very quickly and then after interviewing for an hour with the VP of Operations I was offered the job. Very quick process.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me a salary higher than I expected so I took it and there was no need for negotiations.

Architect I Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at CannonDesign.

Interview

Quick interview with good conversation

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was able to negotiate a little but would have liked to have tried harder for a better start salary.

Healthcare Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago (Philippines)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at CannonDesign (Chicago (Philippines)) in July 2011.

Interview

Great phone interview. Second interview with key leadership 2 weeks after first interview. Three weeks later, was offered job. The interview process was a great experience. The hiring process was rather fast due to the project requirements.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your strengths?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Mention experience and growth opportunity. The salary will come. It was fair and reasonable.