CannonDesign

9 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Architect II Interview

Architect II

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CannonDesign.

Interview Details – One interview - but sent my portfolio in multiple times. Took an inside friend to get the interview. Principal interviewing was 30 minutes late to interview. Was very friendly in the interview but once i started there, hardly said 'Hi' in passing.

Interview Question – Nothing - highly predictable interview. Not much excitement.   Answer Question

Interior Designer III/Senior Associate Interview

Interior Designer III/Senior Associate
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at CannonDesign.

Interview Details – Cannon Design conducts a rather long interview process, involving 2-3 meetings

Negotiation Details – Not much room for negotiations, they wouldnt move on salary but that was 10 years ago. Finding good designers is getting harder and harder so I think they work with prospective employees more

Office Manager Interview

Office Manager
Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CannonDesign in April 2009.

Interview Details – I was referred by an employee for a specific project. They called me very quickly and then after interviewing for an hour with the VP of Operations I was offered the job. Very quick process.

Interview Question – How would I handle a difficult boss   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me a salary higher than I expected so I took it and there was no need for negotiations.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Electrical Engineer I
Grand Island, NY

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CannonDesign in November 2009.

Interview Details – Was an intern, so I was taken into a conference room for a somewhat surprise interview with people I knew. Was given an official offer after a couple days. It was pretty informal since they already knew my skills/personality.

Negotiation Details – Tried to negotiate, they did not budge at all. Offer was very average.

Engineer Interview

Engineer
Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at CannonDesign in August 2010.

Interview Details – Phone interview with HR followed up by in-person interview.

Interview Question – Describe yourself.   Answer Question

Architect II Interview

Architect II
Baltimore, MD

The process took 6 days - interviewed at CannonDesign in May 2011.

Interview Details – We had a Go-to-Meeting interview and then I got an offer a week later. I visited before I accepted and they were very personable and willing to answer all my questions. A great experience overall.

Interview Question – Why did you change jobs so often?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I did not negotiate. They met me half way on the salary range I gave them. I thought that was fair, even though more money never hurts anyone. If you feel like negotiating, go for it. (in a respectful and professional way of course)

Architect I Interview

Architect I

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CannonDesign.

Interview Details – Quick interview with good conversation

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in next 10 years?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Was able to negotiate a little but would have liked to have tried harder for a better start salary.

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at CannonDesign in February 2011.

Interview Details – Great vibe, very comfortable, they very easy to talk to and very open. Have a great variety of personalities. Be honest as they appreciate that and like to see you being you and your personality.
Enjoy the interview and keep their interest.

Interview Question – There really wasn't anything out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Yes I was able to negotiate with in reason and with no difficulty

Architecture Interview

Architecture

I applied in-person and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at CannonDesign in March 2011.

Interview Details – On the plus side: Initially, quick response, then progressively slower. 2 very thorough interviews lasting over 2 hours total with sharp interviewers. Very corporate, fairly formal, but enjoyable.
On the minus side: Unusually long decision-making period. Meagre feedback. Onus on applicant to get further info. They should keep interviewees better informed during the process regardless of who they hire.

Interview Question – What did you do between degrees?   View Answer

Worked for CannonDesign? Contribute to the Community!