CannonDesign Interview Questions

Updated Aug 23, 2014
Updated Aug 23, 2014

2.7

IT Coordinator Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CannonDesign in August 2014.

It took about 2 weeks before I was contacted. But, when I contacted, I was not scheduled for interview because my salary range expectation was high. So, I emailed back HR and lowered down my expectation and I got the job interview.

However, I didn't get job. It was 2 people on site and one IT person, and HR on Web/Video. Most of the times I was talking to the IT person, the local managers were like observing me. I felt that one of them was not that friendly.

After a week, I emailed back and found out they picked someone else.

I am not sure if other candidate got the job because of lower salary expectation.

Architect II Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CannonDesign.

One interview - but sent my portfolio in multiple times. Took an inside friend to get the interview. Principal interviewing was 30 minutes late to interview. Was very friendly in the interview but once i started there, hardly said 'Hi' in passing.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing - highly predictable interview. Not much excitement.   Answer Question

Interior Designer III/Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at CannonDesign.

Cannon Design conducts a rather long interview process, involving 2-3 meetings

Not much room for negotiations, they wouldnt move on salary but that was 10 years ago. Finding good designers is getting harder and harder so I think they work with prospective employees more

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CannonDesign in April 2009.

I was referred by an employee for a specific project. They called me very quickly and then after interviewing for an hour with the VP of Operations I was offered the job. Very quick process.

Interview Questions
    They offered me a salary higher than I expected so I took it and there was no need for negotiations.

Electrical Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grand Island, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grand Island, NY

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CannonDesign in November 2009.

Was an intern, so I was taken into a conference room for a somewhat surprise interview with people I knew. Was given an official offer after a couple days. It was pretty informal since they already knew my skills/personality.

Tried to negotiate, they did not budge at all. Offer was very average.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at CannonDesign in August 2010.

Phone interview with HR followed up by in-person interview.

Architect II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 6 days - interviewed at CannonDesign in May 2011.

We had a Go-to-Meeting interview and then I got an offer a week later. I visited before I accepted and they were very personable and willing to answer all my questions. A great experience overall.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate. They met me half way on the salary range I gave them. I thought that was fair, even though more money never hurts anyone. If you feel like negotiating, go for it. (in a respectful and professional way of course)

Architect I Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at CannonDesign.

Quick interview with good conversation

Interview Questions
    Was able to negotiate a little but would have liked to have tried harder for a better start salary.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at CannonDesign in February 2011.

Great vibe, very comfortable, they very easy to talk to and very open. Have a great variety of personalities. Be honest as they appreciate that and like to see you being you and your personality.
    Enjoy the interview and keep their interest.

Interview Questions
    Yes I was able to negotiate with in reason and with no difficulty

Architecture Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 7 weeks - interviewed at CannonDesign in March 2011.

On the plus side: Initially, quick response, then progressively slower. 2 very thorough interviews lasting over 2 hours total with sharp interviewers. Very corporate, fairly formal, but enjoyable.
    On the minus side: Unusually long decision-making period. Meagre feedback. Onus on applicant to get further info. They should keep interviewees better informed during the process regardless of who they hire.

Interview Questions

Worked for CannonDesign? Contribute to the Community!