Canon Canada

Relevance Date Difficulty

Associate Financial Analyst Interview

Associate Financial Analyst
Mississauga, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Canon Canada in January 2014.

Interview Details – 1. Phone screening interview conducted by a human resources rep. Took place one month after submitting my application on their company website.
2. On-site interview with the senior manager of finance department and senior human resources rep. Took place three days after phone screening.
3. Excel Assessment Test

Interview Question – There weren't any unexpected question, but be prepared to quantify your results when discussing your previous experience.   Answer Question

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canon Canada.

Interview Details – very professional

Interview Question – no surprises   Answer Question

Commercial Account Representative Interview

Commercial Account Representative
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canon Canada in August 2011.

Interview Details – 1. Phone Interview with HR - They sell the company to you and the role
2. In-person interview with HR (standard HR questions ; they do a good job selling the company to you)
3. In- person interview with Sales Managers (You meet all the Sales Managers)

Interview Question – How much money did you make in the last job? ( To be frank, why do companies ask this question??)   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I wanted a higher base salary.
It was fixed and I could not get it. It was a standard base salary depending on the position.
Because I did a good job selling myself - they offered me a signing bonus- this helped me making a decision

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Territory Sales Representatives Interview

Territory Sales Representatives
Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canon Canada in March 2013.

Interview Details – 1)Phone interview with Talent Acquisition Specialist on day one
2)Met Talent Acquisition Specialist on day two
3)Met with a Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist and a Commercial Sales Manager on day three
4)Met with Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist , Senior Manager Central Region Sales and Manager Commercial Sales on day four

Interview Question – Typical Interview questions. Tells me about your self? They wanted me to walk them through my resume for every job. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses? Since I have previous sales experience they asked me to explained step by step how I went through a sales process in a previous sales job.   View Answer

Commercial Account Representative Interview

Commercial Account Representative
Montreal, QC (Canada)

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Canon Canada in September 2011.

Interview Details – the whole interview was easy seeing that the people interviewing me were not really sure of what is needed for this job. (run like the plague this is a warning)

Interview Question – none all were easy and square just like the company   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – horrible If i could go back I would have rejected it

Coordinator Interview

Coordinator

Interviewed at Canon Canada

Interview Details – 1 Phone Interview
1 In-person HR interview: standard behavioural questions
1 Hiring Manager interview: standard behavioural questions and more of a chat to find out about personality of candidate

Interview Question – Why this company? What do you know about us?
Why this role?
  Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Canon Canada in May 2011.

Interview Details – Multi-step process, very stock corporate-style interviews at first, once you meet with the Sales Managers it is more personal, meeting them sold me on the job at that point. I make a job choice on knowing that I can work with people, not just if the profile sounds nice.

Interview Question – None I couldn't handle. Fairly typical of the print industry and sales.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No need to negotiate. I liked the offer they gave me at the very beginning.

Sales Manager Interview

Sales Manager

Interviewed at Canon Canada

Interview Details – yes long, boring, uninteresting and not at all positive

Reason for Declining – I was not inspired to accept

Module Lead Interview

Module Lead
Bangalore (India)

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Canon Canada in October 2009.

Interview Details – Worst anybody can think of. They were hiring for C++, xml and action script. There was a written test in which tehre was not even a single question on these tecnologies. There were only C based question. Interviewer himself didnt know about C++.

Interview Question – C++- Difference between C and C++   Answer Question

Account Representative Interview

Account Representative
Burnaby, BC (Canada)

The process took 2 days - interviewed at Canon Canada in January 2007.

Interview Details – there's 2 interviews: the first interview is more about understanding where you fit in the company, testing confidence, what your past experience are. Then you meet with the sales manager to see if your personality fits with his. Third part is to do the computerized skills test. I find it`s more like a personality test. They want to know if you have the thick skin to be a sales rep.

Interview Question – how many cold calls door-to-door you`ve done in ur past jobs. I don`t have any, so it was hard for me to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – not really, they just asked you if it is ok that u are offered with this package.

Worked for Canon Canada? Contribute to the Community!