Canon Europe Interview Questions

2.0

European Logistics Legal Manager Interview

Hiring interview was being performed by several managers of HR, VAT legal and Finance teams who raised several general questions to understand how would be reacted under certain circumstances

Interview Questions
    • question about how would be reacted when involved into situations which are out of the professional comfort zone   Answer Question

Sales Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Zürich (Switzerland)

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Canon Europe in June 2013.

You send your application into a black hole through a pitiful online application system.
    Then, you receive emails not related to your application (automated emails) and mainly spam.
    Then, nothing happens for months because there is no one assessing or checking applications.
    Then someday, out of nowhere, somebody contacts you asking you questions that have no relations to the job you applied.
    You quickly understand that they haven't a clue about what they're doing and soon you realize, you really wouldn't like to have to stand incompetent people like that everyday.
    As you can guess, Canon H.R department is a joke and the recruiters have no or little competency.
    As a lot of employees say, this is an old fashioned, dying company managed from Japan. It's full of useless managers, consultants, business analyst, and H.R "consultants" with ridiculous corporate titles.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part is to have an interview at all with H.R employees or recruitment people. It takes months. It's like applying to an old soviet type administrative job.
      No difficult question since, to ask difficult questions you need a bit of skills, which their H.R "specialists" really lack of.

Salary: low salaries for very high expectations as in a lot of other millionaires global corporations who use the recession a s an excuse to get even more profit on the back of their employees.
        Answer Question

Business/IT Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Canon Europe.

Not really helpful as I was moved from another position to this one. When I join this position, I was simply interviewed by our HR colleages. As I already showed my quality in this work, the director accepted me directly without any further steps.

When I enter the company, I also received only one round intervew.

Business Analyst Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canon Europe in November 2010.

I looked for jobs online and posted my CV. I was contacted by a recruiter who sent my CV to the company and they agreed to have me in for an interview.
    I was first interviewed by an Assistant for the Project I'd be working on for a preliminary round. She then approved and I was asked to come back for a 2nd interview with one of the Programme Directors and another colleague who gave me more details about the job and questioned me about my skills and experience.
    For the 3rd interview, I was contacted on the phone by my team lead for an informal interview about what I should expect in terms of everyday work/environment, etc.
    Finally the recruiter called me back to tell me I'd gotten the job and I started about 3 weeks later.

Interview Questions
    • Will I be able to handle a very fast paced changing environment?   View Answer
    I didn't try very hard to negotiate and ended up getting paid what I was originally offered.

Satelite Warehouse Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amstelveen (Netherlands)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Amstelveen (Netherlands)

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Canon Europe in May 2008.

A recruiter found my cv on line. I had an informal interview with the recruiter in the agency , she then showed me some possibilities and I selected thme and she sent my cv through. I was contacted very quickly after as they needed to fill the position. Had my interview 3 days later thne started around a week later. I had a very different personaality to everyone in that company ...to this day im not sure why they hired me. They did extend my contract though

Interview Questions
    • I have a very technocal mind so i find questions quite easy to answer in general. They seem to like, calm career minded people   Answer Question