Canon

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

2.7

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canon in August 2014.

I applied through LinkedIn. The sales manager called me months later and I met with him for the first interview. I was far more experienced and educated in business than he was so the interview was pretty much a lesson for him. He even told me that he learned something from me after the 2 hours. I was called back a week later to meet with the manager and his director - which should be the last step in the review process in my opinion. This job isn't high level enough to merit any more of the candidate's time in the review process. They call me for a third meeting to ride with a rep. With over 20 years experience, I was above such a sophomoric exercise and passed on this. The manager had made me an unofficial offer and told me that he was going to get his director to approve my hire. He was a tech who had gotten promoted to sales manager somehow and didn't really know anything about sales. And also didn't have the clout he thought he did because he plainly couldn't get his director to ok my hire as he bragged he could. With a base of only $45K, my time was too valuable to jump through hoops for a job selling copiers - a position which typically ranks just above used car salesman and is not good enough for me in the first place. I was considering it just as a way to relocate to the area and then find something more suitable for a professional of my caliber.

Interview Questions
    • I was actually asked why I didn't have more LinkedIn connections. They actually had my profile on a projection screen when I came in for the meeting. I was also asked if I had children - so this gives you some idea of the level of professionalism. The manager didn't even know that such a question is inappropriate and could get them into trouble.   Answer Question

The manager and his boss could not even agree on how much I could make in the first year. That is ALWAYS a red flag for a commission sales job. One quoted me $70K and the other said $80K. Neither was even close to what I am worth

Event Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canon in October 2013.

The difficult part here , is to ask people to have good communication. in fact there are different people with different culture, so the have been discriminate by having accent, This is coming for their background but does not mean they can perform a job.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview based.. strict evaluations multi layer

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied through other source. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canon in April 2010.

Initial contact from recruiter, who was extremely professional and a pleasure. This was a fast phone screen focusing on my needs/ wants and theirs-- making sure this was a job I wanted and them making sure I had the minimum qualifications. This led to 1:1 interviews with the recruiter and the HR Director (scheduled for same day.) Recruiter reviewed the resume and asked a couple behavioral questions. Then met with the Director and she was more informal; spent a lot of time talking about the job itself and my thoughts about it and answering her questions about my resume. Next and final step was the panel interview with the whole HR team, which was brutal and awkward. Their questions were not very meaty and extremely open ended making it really easy for me to talk too much-- which I did. Their answers to my questions were curt.

Hardware Engineer Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canon.

They scout fresh graduates from the top Universities of have country, otherwise you'd have to apply yourself. (?) interview with the HR was smooth, I believe we had a nice conversation going that I didn't even notice it reaching two hours.

Interview Questions
    • What was your greatest failure and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Canon.

usual personal questions, and a presentation about research in school. there was written math test before interviews. many got offer after one single interview, and got reached for second so-called interview, only to decide which department you would go to. You may even decline the second, and they still want you in.

nothing big. the human resource is desperate.
    they want your yes-or-no in one or two days, or you go to better place.
    still regretting for not declining that.

Administrative Assistant Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canon.

I was asked to go down to the company and hand in my resume personally to my immediate manager. She looked through my resume and my certificates, and that was it. There wasn't even an "interview" session. I got a call about an hour later or so telling me I am hired.

Human Resources Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taguig (Philippines)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Taguig (Philippines)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canon in October 2012.

I was invited to visit their office in McKinley, Taguig for an exam and interview. First, I was given an application form and then a battery of tests (math, abstract and english). Next, I was interviewed by their Recruitment Officer.
    The interview lasted for about 30 to 45 minutes and was focused on the competencies as an HR practitioner. She told me she'll endorse me for the next level of interviews but I never heard from her again, despite follow-ups.

Web Marketer Interview

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canon in October 2009.

Phone interview folled by one on one if selected. Be prepared with employment dates, former salaries and reasons for leaving.

Software Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Canon in October 2009.

The interview was pretty easy. They had a written test consisting of C++(mainly C) and aptitude.
    This was followed by a Panel interview. It was also easy.
    The interviewers knew only C and little bit of C++. This was also easy. Most of the times they asked ques related to pointers , string and virtual table.

This was followed by a 1:1 Manager round. It was a bit tricky. The lady asked me about my current project and a few technical questions. the technical question were not difficult. But probably, she didn't like my attitude and I was rejected in this round

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if there is a lot of work which you are unable to complete and your manager is not willing to help   View Answer
    • Why do you want to join Canon when it does not work in your current domain?   Answer Question