Canon

Very Difficult Interview

Event Coordinator Interview

Event Coordinator
Richmond, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Canon in October 2013.

Interview Details – The difficult part here , is to ask people to have good communication. in fact there are different people with different culture, so the have been discriminate by having accent, This is coming for their background but does not mean they can perform a job.

Interview Question – What is your ethnicity ? are you male or female?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

Interviewed at Canon

Interview Details – Interview based.. strict evaluations multi layer

Interview Question – Design Patterns, Process Methodology   Answer Question

Human Resources Generalist Interview

Human Resources Generalist
Chesapeake, VA

I applied through other source and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Canon in April 2010.

Interview Details – Initial contact from recruiter, who was extremely professional and a pleasure. This was a fast phone screen focusing on my needs/ wants and theirs-- making sure this was a job I wanted and them making sure I had the minimum qualifications. This led to 1:1 interviews with the recruiter and the HR Director (scheduled for same day.) Recruiter reviewed the resume and asked a couple behavioral questions. Then met with the Director and she was more informal; spent a lot of time talking about the job itself and my thoughts about it and answering her questions about my resume. Next and final step was the panel interview with the whole HR team, which was brutal and awkward. Their questions were not very meaty and extremely open ended making it really easy for me to talk too much-- which I did. Their answers to my questions were curt.

Interview Question – Nothing unusual   Answer Question

Hardware Engineer Interview

Hardware Engineer

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Canon.

Interview Details – They scout fresh graduates from the top Universities of have country, otherwise you'd have to apply yourself. (?) interview with the HR was smooth, I believe we had a nice conversation going that I didn't even notice it reaching two hours.

Interview Question – What was your greatest failure and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Software Engineer

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canon.

Interview Details – usual personal questions, and a presentation about research in school. there was written math test before interviews. many got offer after one single interview, and got reached for second so-called interview, only to decide which department you would go to. You may even decline the second, and they still want you in.

Negotiation Details – nothing big. the human resource is desperate.
they want your yes-or-no in one or two days, or you go to better place.
still regretting for not declining that.

Very Easy Interview

Administrative Assistant Interview

Administrative Assistant

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Canon.

Interview Details – I was asked to go down to the company and hand in my resume personally to my immediate manager. She looked through my resume and my certificates, and that was it. There wasn't even an "interview" session. I got a call about an hour later or so telling me I am hired.

Human Resources Officer Interview

Human Resources Officer
Taguig (Philippines)

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at Canon in October 2012.

Interview Details – I was invited to visit their office in McKinley, Taguig for an exam and interview. First, I was given an application form and then a battery of tests (math, abstract and english). Next, I was interviewed by their Recruitment Officer.
The interview lasted for about 30 to 45 minutes and was focused on the competencies as an HR practitioner. She told me she'll endorse me for the next level of interviews but I never heard from her again, despite follow-ups.

Interview Question – Is your expected salary negotiable?   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Software Developer

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at Canon in October 2009.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty easy. They had a written test consisting of C++(mainly C) and aptitude.
This was followed by a Panel interview. It was also easy.
The interviewers knew only C and little bit of C++. This was also easy. Most of the times they asked ques related to pointers , string and virtual table.

This was followed by a 1:1 Manager round. It was a bit tricky. The lady asked me about my current project and a few technical questions. the technical question were not difficult. But probably, she didn't like my attitude and I was rejected in this round

Interview Questions

• What do you do if there is a lot of work which you are unable to complete and your manager is not willing to help   View Answer
  • Why do you want to join Canon when it does not work in your current domain?   Answer Question

Web Marketer Interview

Web Marketer

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canon in October 2009.

Interview Details – Phone interview folled by one on one if selected. Be prepared with employment dates, former salaries and reasons for leaving.

Interview Question – Reason For leaving?   View Answer

Worked for Canon? Contribute to the Community!