Canon USA

Updated Sep 27, 2014
Updated Sep 27, 2014

2.7

Senior Account Executive Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Canon USA in September 2014.

I applied through LinkedIn. The sales manager called me months later and I met with him for the first interview. I was far more experienced and educated in business than he was so the interview was pretty much a lesson for him. He even told me that he learned something from me after the 2 hours. I was called back a week later to meet with the manager and his director - which should be the last step in the review process in my opinion. I was made to wait 30 minutes after the scheduled appointment time before this second interview started so my opinion of them was already diminished. This job isn't high level enough to merit any more of the candidate's time in the review process. They call me for a third meeting to ride with a rep. With over 20 years experience, I was above such a sophomoric exercise and passed on this. The manager had made me an unofficial offer and told me that he was going to get his director to approve my hire. He was a tech who had gotten promoted to sales manager somehow and didn't really know anything about sales. And also didn't have the clout he thought he did because he plainly couldn't get his director to ok my hire as he bragged he could. With a base of only $45K, my time was too valuable to jump through hoops for a job selling copiers - a position which typically ranks just above used car salesman and is not good enough for me in the first place. I was considering it just as a way to relocate to the area and then find something more suitable for a professional of my caliber.
    Interview Questions

Interview Questions
    • I was actually asked why I didn't have more LinkedIn connections. They actually had my profile on a projection screen when I came in for the meeting. I was also asked if I had children - so this gives you some idea of the level of professionalism. The manager didn't even know that such a question is inappropriate and could get them into trouble. Answer Question   View Answer

The manager and his boss could not even agree on how much I could make in the first year. That is ALWAYS a red flag for a commission sales job. One quoted me $70K and the other said $80K. Neither was even close to what I am worth. I also was not impressed with the level of professionalism or business acumen.

Marketing Associate Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at Canon USA.

I applied online and received an email asking me to call back to schedule a phone interview. The call back turned into a brief phone interview and even scheduled my in person interview while on the call. Met with HR and then the hiring manager in the same day a week after. Followed up 2 weeks after and got a second interview to meet with director and the rest of the team.

Interview Questions
    • In your opinion, what do you think is marketing?

Why do you want to leave your current job?

Answer Question
    I was able to negotiate but in general, the flexibility of negotiation depends on the hiring manager.

Warehouser I Interview

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 8+ monthsinterviewed at Canon USA.

This is a temp to hire position. When you start they will assign you to whatever is in need of an extra hand for that day and based on how you do they figure where you will be placed for your assessment . They have ALOT of temps come and go, but I find if you come in and really sweat blood and make the impression you want the job they will work with you.

If you have prior warehouse experience there is a "chance" you can get a better starting pay.

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at Canon USA.

Met at job fair

Internal Auditor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Canon USA.

I went on two rounds of interviews and was never contacted to hear any feedback or outcome about the role, which I found slightly unfair. HR is also not in any kind of hungry, the process took weeks and never actually ended (left open). I was asked a few technical and very specific questions about accounting that I wasn't expecting.

Budget & Administration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Canon USA.

2 day interview. 2nd interview included a short excel test.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward interview, no difficult questions asked   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Canon USA in November 2013.

It's a very professional process when you' are at their office. Come prepared! The HR person I met with was very unorganized and put false hope in me getting the job. When she said she would get back to me she didn't for several days, which is hard when you really want the position. She just seemed all over the place and unprofessional. After I didn't get the position she fell off the face of the earth and didn't return my phone call or emails. It would have been nice to receive feedback. I have such a bad taste in my mouth based on how I was treated afterwards.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Canon USA.

Very disorganized HR department. Interview, negotiation and hiring process was shockingly unprofessional.

Salary.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chesapeake, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Canon USA.

It was a long process but other than the phone interview, we did it one day. It went rather fast. Started with computer testing...situational type questions, typing tests and a couple interviews with upper management. Afterwards, I was sent away for a drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult- cant remember all the questions...just my experience helped me answer everything. It was very smooth and I want to say my best interview to date. They were quite friendly and very respectful to me.   Answer Question

Canon Business Solutions Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied online – interviewed at Canon USA in April 2013.

I had a very thorough (~2 hour) in-person interview, then a 20ish minute phone interview. The interviews were pretty laid back and straight forward. The questions were mainly job situations/scenarios and what I would do in those situations. The phone interview was mostly about my work history and when I would be able to start.

Interview Questions
    • The "tell me about yourself" question always throws me off. I started talking about my previous work experience and I guess that is what they were looking for because I a job offer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation, the offer was take it or leave it.