Canon USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Canon Business Solutions Interview

Canon Business Solutions
Austin, TX

I applied online - interviewed at Canon USA in April 2013.

Interview Details – I had a very thorough (~2 hour) in-person interview, then a 20ish minute phone interview. The interviews were pretty laid back and straight forward. The questions were mainly job situations/scenarios and what I would do in those situations. The phone interview was mostly about my work history and when I would be able to start.

Interview Question – The "tell me about yourself" question always throws me off. I started talking about my previous work experience and I guess that is what they were looking for because I a job offer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, the offer was take it or leave it.

Service Engineer Interview

Service Engineer

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canon USA in January 2013.

Interview Details – Meet with manager at hotel , manager was under dressed , I wore a suit and He did not. Will tell you about long hours and plenty of overtime. they are not kidding.

Interview Question – must show experience resolving mechanical related printer issues. You will be asked about willingness to work standby and overtime , It is key to production printing service.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Canon HR would not talk salary after original offer, I suggest you work that out with the manager first.

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Washington, DC

I applied in-person and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Canon USA in March 2010.

Interview Details – There were 5 speparate interviews. Each qualified my experience as compared to the job responsibilities, with emphesis on the job challenges. They did seem to care about chemistry and personality for a good fit.

Interview Question – I didn't get any tricky questions. Just straight forward with an expectation of a complete answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Marketing Associate Specialist Interview

Marketing Associate Specialist

I applied online and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Canon USA.

Interview Details – I applied online and received an email asking me to call back to schedule a phone interview. The call back turned into a brief phone interview and even scheduled my in person interview while on the call. Met with HR and then the hiring manager in the same day a week after. Followed up 2 weeks after and got a second interview to meet with director and the rest of the team.

Interview Question – In your opinion, what do you think is marketing?

Why do you want to leave your current job?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate but in general, the flexibility of negotiation depends on the hiring manager.

Field Service Technician Interview

Field Service Technician
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canon USA in February 2010.

Interview Details – 1. Contacted by recruiter, went over past work history, set up time for phone interview.
2. Phone interview where we went over past work, then contacted a few days later for a face to face date and time.
3. The face to face interview was at their offices, friendly, clean, quit.
    There were 3 people in the interview room besides me.
    Dress was business casual.
    Questions were about past work, customer care, trouble shooting ability, general questions about how to handle hard to please customers.

Interview Question – Nothing really difficult or unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – take it or leave it

Warehouser I Interview

Warehouser I

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 8 months - interviewed at Canon USA.

Interview Details – This is a temp to hire position. When you start they will assign you to whatever is in need of an extra hand for that day and based on how you do they figure where you will be placed for your assessment . They have ALOT of temps come and go, but I find if you come in and really sweat blood and make the impression you want the job they will work with you.

Negotiation Details – If you have prior warehouse experience there is a "chance" you can get a better starting pay.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and interviewed at Canon USA.

Interview Details – Met at job fair

Interview Question – Nothing special   Answer Question

Internal Auditor Interview

Internal Auditor

I applied online and interviewed at Canon USA.

Interview Details – I went on two rounds of interviews and was never contacted to hear any feedback or outcome about the role, which I found slightly unfair. HR is also not in any kind of hungry, the process took weeks and never actually ended (left open). I was asked a few technical and very specific questions about accounting that I wasn't expecting.

Interview Question – Explain SOX.   Answer Question

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Product Marketing Specialist
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canon USA in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a HR and department-hiring manager. Subsequently interviewed with senior director of division.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Melville, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canon USA in November 2013.

Interview Details – It's a very professional process when you' are at their office. Come prepared! The HR person I met with was very unorganized and put false hope in me getting the job. When she said she would get back to me she didn't for several days, which is hard when you really want the position. She just seemed all over the place and unprofessional. After I didn't get the position she fell off the face of the earth and didn't return my phone call or emails. It would have been nice to receive feedback. I have such a bad taste in my mouth based on how I was treated afterwards.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Canon?   Answer Question

Worked for Canon USA? Contribute to the Community!