Canon USA

Updated Feb 17, 2015

2.6

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Canon USA.

I applied online and was called in for a an interview, overall I had 4 in-person interviews, which consisted of multiple people. They acted like I was a perfect fit for the job and even requested me to be LinkedIn friends. After my 4th interview I didn't hear back from them. When I finally reached out to HR I received an away message that she was gone for the next month. When I reached out to the person that requested me he said he didn't know if they were going to hire someone in marketing or in IT instead. Wow a month of my time and 4 interviews and it took that long to realize they weren't sure a position was even available?

Additionally one of MY questions to them was their reputation for stringing people along, a friends of mine a few years prior also had 3 interviews and never heard back, you constantly see them advertising for "available positions" too. I was annoyed after 4 interviews they didn't have the decency to properly reject me.

Budget & Administration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Canon USA.

2 day interview. 2nd interview included a short excel test.

Interview Questions
    • Straight forward interview, no difficult questions asked   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Canon USA in November 2013.

It's a very professional process when you' are at their office. Come prepared! The HR person I met with was very unorganized and put false hope in me getting the job. When she said she would get back to me she didn't for several days, which is hard when you really want the position. She just seemed all over the place and unprofessional. After I didn't get the position she fell off the face of the earth and didn't return my phone call or emails. It would have been nice to receive feedback. I have such a bad taste in my mouth based on how I was treated afterwards.

Event & Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Canon USA in January 2012.

I found the interview process to be long and tedious. I met with at least 4 people who really couldn't answer my questions and gave generic responsibilities when describing the position. It was repeatedly mentioned how they were trying to revamp the department but they did not seem to have a cohesive answer as to how they were going to change it.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canon USA in April 2011.

Was called for a screening by the HR representative, turned into a pretty in-depth interview regarding my career pursuits and resume. Was told that she wanted to set up a phone interview with the marketing team director (head for the position). Interview was delayed because of some meetings for about a week, but nothing that was their fault.

Phone interview was pretty easy and very conversational. Asked standard questions about the resume, why Canon, about my experience with social media since the position is social media based. Took about a half-hour and she was very friendly. Very positive experience.

Heard back about a week later with a phone call.

Interview Questions
    • What are you looking for in an internship?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working/living in Lake Success?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience in your past internships, particularly related to social media advertising and research.   Answer Question
    none

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at Canon USA in February 2011.

I applied for one position, and by the end of the whole interview process I was offered a job in a position I had not applied for originally.

Interview Questions
    • Have you been told about our products?   View Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canon USA in January 2011.

Applied for job online. Received a response in a week. At interview, waited for HR for 1/2 hour in the waiting room (which was fascinating, like a museum). Met with an HR Specialist. Inquired about my courses in college and skills obtained from experience. Went through every single employment listed on my resume. In addition, wanted to know about how much I personally knew about Canon products and services. Positive interview. Sucks I didn't get the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • How would your education, experience and skills apply to this position?   Answer Question
    • What would be some challenges at Canon?   Answer Question

Corporate Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at Canon USA in March 2010.

Applied online through the company website. Got a call about a month later.. First round of interviews on site followed by a second round. Interview was nothing out of the blue. All questions were expected for the most part.

Interview Questions
    • - Got asked about my opinion regarding a particular acquisition. Make sure to be aware of everything that the company is doing. Do your research   Answer Question
    No room for negotiation

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canon USA in January 2010.

Interviewed with a HR and department-hiring manager. Subsequently interviewed with senior director of division.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canon USA in September 2009.

Very quick process. Got a call from HR and met with 4 people the following week. The interview took about 2 and half hours with back to back interviews. An offer was presented to me the week after.