Canon USA Interview Questions in New York City, NY

Updated Aug 2, 2015

2.6

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canon USA (Melville, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Spoke on the phone to an HR rep a week after applying to the position to set up an in-office interview. Went to the office and spoke with two managers.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions. "Tell me about yourself", "What are your strengths and weaknesses?", etc.   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canon USA (Melville, NY).

Interview

I applied online and was called in for a an interview, overall I had 4 in-person interviews, which consisted of multiple people. They acted like I was a perfect fit for the job and even requested me to be LinkedIn friends. After my 4th interview I didn't hear back from them. When I finally reached out to HR I received an away message that she was gone for the next month. When I reached out to the person that requested me he said he didn't know if they were going to hire someone in marketing or in IT instead. Wow a month of my time and 4 interviews and it took that long to realize they weren't sure a position was even available? Additionally one of MY questions to them was their reputation for stringing people along, a friends of mine a few years prior also had 3 interviews and never heard back, you constantly see them advertising for "available positions" too. I was annoyed after 4 interviews they didn't have the decency to properly reject me.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canon USA (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

It's not professional. I had an on-site interview and went to NY to have the interview. Their engineer was absent that day and only HRs interviewed me. And HR told me that she has no idea what to asked me.

Interview Questions

• What's your major. And why do you think your major is related to the position you apply?   Answer Question
    • Why you choose Canon?   Answer Question

Budget & Administration Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canon USA (Melville, NY).

Interview

2 day interview. 2nd interview included a short excel test.

Interview Questions

• Straight forward interview, no difficult questions asked   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Canon USA (Melville, NY) in November 2013.

Interview

It's a very professional process when you' are at their office. Come prepared! The HR person I met with was very unorganized and put false hope in me getting the job. When she said she would get back to me she didn't for several days, which is hard when you really want the position. She just seemed all over the place and unprofessional. After I didn't get the position she fell off the face of the earth and didn't return my phone call or emails. It would have been nice to receive feedback. I have such a bad taste in my mouth based on how I was treated afterwards.

Event & Marketing Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lake Success, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Canon USA (Lake Success, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

I found the interview process to be long and tedious. I met with at least 4 people who really couldn't answer my questions and gave generic responsibilities when describing the position. It was repeatedly mentioned how they were trying to revamp the department but they did not seem to have a cohesive answer as to how they were going to change it.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hyde Park, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Canon USA (New Hyde Park, NY) in June 2011.

Interview

Three interviews, that went smoothly with a variety of stakeholder staff. Relevant questions were asked, no gotchas or anything like that. All very professional. There is a background check, and then some room for salary negotiation depending upon how badly you are wanted. Advice is to make sure your resume has many accomplishments listed in your past roles, not just what your responsibilities were. Interview the company to make sure you can be happy at Canon.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about yourself and your experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

there was some room for negotiation on salary, but none for benefits like vacation time.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canon USA (Lake Success, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Was called for a screening by the HR representative, turned into a pretty in-depth interview regarding my career pursuits and resume. Was told that she wanted to set up a phone interview with the marketing team director (head for the position). Interview was delayed because of some meetings for about a week, but nothing that was their fault. Phone interview was pretty easy and very conversational. Asked standard questions about the resume, why Canon, about my experience with social media since the position is social media based. Took about a half-hour and she was very friendly. Very positive experience. Heard back about a week later with a phone call.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in an internship?   Answer Question
    • How do you feel about working/living in Lake Success?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about your experience in your past internships, particularly related to social media advertising and research.   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Project Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Hyde Park, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Canon USA (New Hyde Park, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I had to go through 3 interviews. The managers that interviewed me were down to earth and straight forward. I also had to go through a peer review. They were assessing if I would fit into the group.

Administration Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lake Success, NY

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Canon USA (Lake Success, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

I applied for one position, and by the end of the whole interview process I was offered a job in a position I had not applied for originally.

Interview Questions

• Have you been told about our products?   1 Answer