Canon USA

Relevance Date Difficulty

Product Marketing Specialist Interview

Product Marketing Specialist
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canon USA in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed with a HR and department-hiring manager. Subsequently interviewed with senior director of division.

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Melville, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canon USA in November 2013.

Interview Details – It's a very professional process when you' are at their office. Come prepared! The HR person I met with was very unorganized and put false hope in me getting the job. When she said she would get back to me she didn't for several days, which is hard when you really want the position. She just seemed all over the place and unprofessional. After I didn't get the position she fell off the face of the earth and didn't return my phone call or emails. It would have been nice to receive feedback. I have such a bad taste in my mouth based on how I was treated afterwards.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Canon?   Answer Question

Budget & Administration Specialist Interview

Melville, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canon USA.

Interview Details – 2 day interview. 2nd interview included a short excel test.

Interview Question – Straight forward interview, no difficult questions asked   Answer Question

Corporate Planning Analyst Interview

Lake Success, NY

I applied online and the process took 5+ weeks - interviewed at Canon USA in March 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online through the company website. Got a call about a month later.. First round of interviews on site followed by a second round. Interview was nothing out of the blue. All questions were expected for the most part.

Interview Question – - Got asked about my opinion regarding a particular acquisition. Make sure to be aware of everything that the company is doing. Do your research   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No room for negotiation

Marketing Associate Specialist Interview

Marketing Associate Specialist
Lake Success, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Canon USA in March 2009.

Interview Details – I received a call from HR as they found my resume off of CareerBuilder. They gave me the details about the position and asked if I would be interested in interviewing. When I got to the office, I interviewed with the HR contact first. Afterward, I was told I would be interviewing with the manager of the department.

A few days after the first interview, I was told I would be moving onto the next round and would need to meet with the director of the department. Scheduled a date and it was pretty much the same exact thing.

Afterward, it was about a month and a half before I received the job offer. There was no negotiation of salary but a "take it or leave it" deal. I also was the one that had to follow-up repeatedly to get an answer.

Interview Question – What is a challenge that you faced in your previous position and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was none. Take it or leave it.

Event & Marketing Coordinator Interview

Lake Success, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Canon USA in January 2012.

Interview Details – I found the interview process to be long and tedious. I met with at least 4 people who really couldn't answer my questions and gave generic responsibilities when describing the position. It was repeatedly mentioned how they were trying to revamp the department but they did not seem to have a cohesive answer as to how they were going to change it.

Interview Question – How do you deal with stress at work and home?   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Administration Interview

Lake Success, NY

The process took 4 months - interviewed at Canon USA in February 2011.

Interview Details – I applied for one position, and by the end of the whole interview process I was offered a job in a position I had not applied for originally.

Interview Question – Have you been told about our products?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Internship Interview

Lake Success, NY

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canon USA in April 2011.

Interview Details – Was called for a screening by the HR representative, turned into a pretty in-depth interview regarding my career pursuits and resume. Was told that she wanted to set up a phone interview with the marketing team director (head for the position). Interview was delayed because of some meetings for about a week, but nothing that was their fault.

Phone interview was pretty easy and very conversational. Asked standard questions about the resume, why Canon, about my experience with social media since the position is social media based. Took about a half-hour and she was very friendly. Very positive experience.

Heard back about a week later with a phone call.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking for in an internship?   Answer Question
  • How do you feel about working/living in Lake Success?   Answer Question
  • Tell me about your experience in your past internships, particularly related to social media advertising and research.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – none

Analyst Interview

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at Canon USA in September 2009.

Interview Details – Very quick process. Got a call from HR and met with 4 people the following week. The interview took about 2 and half hours with back to back interviews. An offer was presented to me the week after.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – No

Marketing Specialist Interview

Marketing Specialist
Lake Success, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Canon USA in January 2011.

Interview Details – Applied for job online. Received a response in a week. At interview, waited for HR for 1/2 hour in the waiting room (which was fascinating, like a museum). Met with an HR Specialist. Inquired about my courses in college and skills obtained from experience. Went through every single employment listed on my resume. In addition, wanted to know about how much I personally knew about Canon products and services. Positive interview. Sucks I didn't get the job offer.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Canon USA? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canon USA interview questions and advice in New York City, NY. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Canon USA employees and interview candidates.