Canrig Drilling Technology Interview Questions

Updated Aug 10, 2015

2.0

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview was the same as everywhere else. I had a phone interview, followed by a face to face interview. The whole process was lengthy. It lasted more than a month.

Assembly Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Magnolia, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology (Magnolia, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

Submit resume with NABORS, wait for 6 weeks, finally get called in, finally get a sit down with plant manager. The entire process took a long time due to an immense backlog of potential employees. The plant manager was pompous and self absorbed so as long as you seem just a little desperate for the job, you will get it.

Interview Questions

• What made me qualified for the job?   1 Answer

Purchasing Interview

Interview

I was hired through a referral process, so the interview was short and sweet. It was really more of a friendly conversation, and at the end of it all I was told on the spot that "everything looked good" and that I could expect to hear from HR in the next few days.

Interview Questions

• They were already pretty intent on hiring me, so there really weren't any difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Senior Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology (Houston, TX).

Interview

Was interviewed by a fill-in for the job for which I was applying; then by a top level manager with many years of experience; then by another top level manager who had just joined the company. For the position I would be occupying, the interview was a fairly skimpy and unstructured process.

Interview Questions

• There really were not any difficult, or even probative, questions.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straightforward, Got what I asked for.

Software Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology.

Interview

Internship position - they used my school's system to contact us. There was a 3.0 GPA minimum. We had only a single, in-person interview. The questions were mostly technical followed by a short "get to know you" period. Fairly informal.

Interview Questions

• A question about the least number of weighings to find the one heavy ball in X balls.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was a standard offer to all interns - no negotiation phase.

Controls Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology (Houston, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

Phone interview asking about labview and Matlab experience. Some tech questions about modelling and control. Asked about experience with drilling rig systems and willingness to take a contract to full time job with slight travel.

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology in May 2013.

Interview

Fast 1 week, 1 phone interview and 1 face to face interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Negotiated for another week of vacation and a sign on bonus

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology.

Interview

My experience was good. Recruiter was attentive to my needs. Questions were reasonable and well-thought-out. Two-day orientation after hire was good.

Interview Questions

• What are you passionate about? Not difficult, but forced me to think.   1 Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology (Houston, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

1st - Recruiter Interview, 2nd - In House with in house Recruiter, Director of PMO and the VP of New Product Development, 3rd - Product Line Manager via Skype

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology (Houston, TX) in August 2011.

Interview

Recruiter got my resume, gave me a call and asked a few basic questions. After the interview was set up I met with upper engineering management. We talked back and forth for about an hour. Pretty laid back, really nice guys.

Interview Questions

• What do you see as the biggest mistake in designing equipment?   1 Answer