Canrig Drilling Technology

Updated Sep 18, 2014
Updated Sep 18, 2014

1.8

Purchasing Interview

I was hired through a referral process, so the interview was short and sweet. It was really more of a friendly conversation, and at the end of it all I was told on the spot that "everything looked good" and that I could expect to hear from HR in the next few days.

Interview Questions
    • They were already pretty intent on hiring me, so there really weren't any difficult questions asked.   Answer Question

Senior Management Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology.

Was interviewed by a fill-in for the job for which I was applying; then by a top level manager with many years of experience; then by another top level manager who had just joined the company. For the position I would be occupying, the interview was a fairly skimpy and unstructured process.

Interview Questions
    • There really were not any difficult, or even probative, questions.   View Answer
    Straightforward, Got what I asked for.

Software Specialist Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology.

Internship position - they used my school's system to contact us. There was a 3.0 GPA minimum. We had only a single, in-person interview. The questions were mostly technical followed by a short "get to know you" period. Fairly informal.

Interview Questions
    • A question about the least number of weighings to find the one heavy ball in X balls.   Answer Question
    It was a standard offer to all interns - no negotiation phase.

Engineer Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology in May 2013.

Fast 1 week, 1 phone interview and 1 face to face interview

Interview Questions
    Negotiated for another week of vacation and a sign on bonus

Product Development Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology.

My experience was good. Recruiter was attentive to my needs. Questions were reasonable and well-thought-out. Two-day orientation after hire was good.

Interview Questions
    • What are you passionate about? Not difficult, but forced me to think.   View Answer

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology in September 2011.

1st - Recruiter Interview, 2nd - In House with in house Recruiter, Director of PMO and the VP of New Product Development, 3rd - Product Line Manager via Skype

Mulogging Geologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bakersfield, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology in April 2011.

Phone interview. My boss literally just talked my ear off about random topics and offered me a job at the end. Easiest interview ever.

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology in December 2009.

Interview process took really long. It was over a 3 month period meeting with managers, sales folks, vice presidents, and then finally the president. This was then followed up with more phone calls and interviews that were set up. The company took too long and I almost jumped ship before accepting the offer.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me what style of management you like and who was your worst boss and what did you learn?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time that you were able to manage priorities when overloaded with work?   View Answer
    Negotiation was not so bad, just like any other negotiation - you have to be able to show what you are able to bring to the table.

Builder III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Magnolia, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Magnolia, TX

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology in April 2008.

it was a quick interview I did not talk much
    unusual interview

Mechanical Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology in January 2014.

It was smooth and professional, Engineering manager is nice. The only thing was the HR did not act professionally,She brought in personal issues on the table,got insulted in for me bringing up how systematic ERP systems and ISO procedures from other fields in the market from pastexperiences. She suddenly reacted that you can't compare that to what they do in Canrig. Somehow but not directly saying that what they have is better.Even though I was not comparing it because I was not commenting on what they do.Because I don't know what they have yet.

Interview Questions
    • Not much complicated questions, Best part was when the HR sarcastically laughed at me when I answered the expected salary question.Which was actually an average rate for not even for a Mechanical design job.   View Answer