Canrig Drilling Technology

10 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Engineer Interview

Engineer

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology in May 2013.

Interview Details – Fast 1 week, 1 phone interview and 1 face to face interview

Interview Question – None really, just asked about past experiences   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiated for another week of vacation and a sign on bonus

Mulogging Geologist Interview

Mulogging Geologist
Bakersfield, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology in April 2011.

Interview Details – Phone interview. My boss literally just talked my ear off about random topics and offered me a job at the end. Easiest interview ever.

Interview Question – "So what do you say, want to work for us?   Answer Question

Senior Management Position Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology.

Interview Details – Was interviewed by a fill-in for the job for which I was applying; then by a top level manager with many years of experience; then by another top level manager who had just joined the company. For the position I would be occupying, the interview was a fairly skimpy and unstructured process.

Interview Question – There really were not any difficult, or even probative, questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Straightforward, Got what I asked for.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Houston, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology in September 2011.

Interview Details – 1st - Recruiter Interview, 2nd - In House with in house Recruiter, Director of PMO and the VP of New Product Development, 3rd - Product Line Manager via Skype

Interview Question – Why have I changed jobs (each time)   Answer Question

Software Specialist Interview

Software Specialist

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology.

Interview Details – Internship position - they used my school's system to contact us. There was a 3.0 GPA minimum. We had only a single, in-person interview. The questions were mostly technical followed by a short "get to know you" period. Fairly informal.

Interview Question – A question about the least number of weighings to find the one heavy ball in X balls.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It was a standard offer to all interns - no negotiation phase.

Product Development Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology.

Interview Details – My experience was good. Recruiter was attentive to my needs. Questions were reasonable and well-thought-out. Two-day orientation after hire was good.

Interview Question – What are you passionate about? Not difficult, but forced me to think.   View Answer

Builder III Interview

Magnolia, TX

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology in April 2008.

Interview Details – it was a quick interview I did not talk much
unusual interview

Interview Question – no question asked really   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

Houston, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process took really long. It was over a 3 month period meeting with managers, sales folks, vice presidents, and then finally the president. This was then followed up with more phone calls and interviews that were set up. The company took too long and I almost jumped ship before accepting the offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what style of management you like and who was your worst boss and what did you learn?   View Answer
  • Tell me about a time that you were able to manage priorities when overloaded with work?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiation was not so bad, just like any other negotiation - you have to be able to show what you are able to bring to the table.

Internship Internview Interview

Interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology

Interview Details – Phone Internview

Interview Question – Questions about previous experiences   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Well Site Geologist Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Canrig Drilling Technology in September 2010.

Interview Details – interview consisted of a phone interview followed by flying out to Bakersfield for Physical and drug testing. The interview was mostly an overview of the job, all the pros and cons (mostly cons), very few questions were asked, mostly very general about how you feel you would perform under such and such conditions.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel you would be able to handle working in isolated conditions with very little support should you have technical problems that need to be fixed?   Answer Question
  • Do you feel you will be alright working long hours for weeks at a time away from hom?   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for Canrig Drilling Technology? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Canrig Drilling Technology interview questions and advice. All 10 interview reviews posted anonymously by Canrig Drilling Technology employees and interview candidates.