Cantor Fitzgerald

Relevance Date Difficulty

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald.

Interview Details – Accounting Process inquiries and GAAP Accounting principles inquiry and inquiry about financial statement preparation experience and financial controls experience. prior experience questions. analytical background.
finance planning. cpa background. financial industry experience.. etc

Vice President Interview

Vice President

Interview Details – Met with the head of the department, and a few junior staff.

Interview Question – Examples of how I handled difficult situations.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Quick, through a recruiter.

Equity Sales and Trading Intern Interview

Equity Sales and Trading Intern

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald.

Interview Details – got a phone interview, then went to the office for a second interview

Interview Question – why sales and trading   Answer Question

Legal Assistant Interview

Legal Assistant
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 7 weeks - interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald in November 2011.

Interview Details – 3 separate interviews and approximately a 6-7 week process. Interviewed over the phone, with HR, and then with my future manager. Nothing too extensive or exhausting.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness and how have you tried to adjust?   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Sales
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald in July 2011.

Interview Details – I want to echo the words of the last interview reviewer who could not believe how rude and unprofessional this group is ... even HR. Obviously your time means nothing and their time is far more important! I had the exact same experience every single time I interviewed on site or had follow calls remotely. I always had to wait at least an hour! Meanwhile other firms I was interviewing with bent over backwards to be courteous and respectful of my time.

Interview Question – How do you counter "I am not impressed" when you have answered the interviewer's question? Yep - slid back in his chair, arms crossed over expansive waist ... I am told "I am not impressed" !!   View Answers (2)

Reason for Declining – If I was treated this badly before I started .... uhm .. I doubt it gets better. Big egos, unfounded arrogance and self importance, underhanded ... promised X but weeks late when offer letter came in .... very different terms! I had other offers to! Stay away!

Very Difficult Interview

Why Should I Wait Around for Your Call? Interview

Why Should I Wait Around for Your Call?
New York, NY

The process took a day - interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald in September 2010.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview with "x". The recruiter that I dealt with at an outside agency had confirmed that it would occur at a specific time, and that X would call me directly on my cell phone. I am employed and I have no privacy at work. Therefore, I had arranged with my boss that I would come to work later, and had told my boss that I had a doctor’s appointment. The recruiter knew this too. I did not expect X to treat this as a casual un-announced phone call that could occur at any time of the day. The designated time came and went, but I did not receive a call from X. I also contacted the recruiter at the agency to find out if X had notified her that she needed to reschedule. The recruiter had not been contacted so she suggested that X had an emergency and was unable to call to cancel the phone interview. Finally, 40 minutes after the designated time, X called me. I expected that she had a true emergency because she had not called me immediately to reschedule. She told me matter-of-factly that she was pulled away to an impromptu, urgent, meeting and she failed to apologize to me for the 40 minute delay, or the lack of prompt communication to reschedule it. Why couldn't she tell the manager who requested an impromptu meeting "Yes, I can meet with you, but I have a candidate expecting my call. I'll quickly call the candidate to tell him that I can't conduct the phone interview now and then I'll be right with you." Surely, a senior manager should reasonably understand that X, a manager too, with her own scheduled obligations, will be able to join the impromptu meeting quickly once she notifies the candidate of the cancellation. Or, if X was too busy, why didn’t X request her colleague or assistant to call me to say that X needed to reschedule? What if she was supposed to call a candidate for a Senior Vice President role? Do you think that she would have been so inconsiderate to keep the SVP candidate waiting 40 minutes? At my company, when we schedule a conference call or an in-person meeting, it happens when it is supposed to happen, or else it is promptly rescheduled at the start of the designated time, or in advance. We don’t keep anyone “hanging”. It is not proper. This is a total disregard on X's part for my time, and any time commitments I have to my current employer. It is also a basic failure to communicate. This isn't rocket science here. The recruiter took the position that X is their client and that X has the right to keep me waiting without any call to reschedule. I respectfully disagree. I am applying for a position at a firm. If this is how this company treats candidates, I wonder how much respect they show their current employees, former employees, and the NYC community? This is a global investment bank. I expect more professionalism. What if I had been at work and she had called me at the designated time but my boss had suddenly entered my workspace and demanded an impromptu meeting? I am sure that she would have thought me disrespectful of her time if she had called me for a scheduled conference call or phone interview and I did not call her back promptly or notify her that I needed to reschedule After reading the comments on this website that current employees think that the HR department is disorganized and that senior management is arrogant, I agree with them. I believe in treating my colleagues, customers, and vendors respectfully. X may treat other candidates this way. This may be her Modus Operandi and it may be a reflection of the corporate culture at Cantor Fitzgerald. I do not recommend this company to candidates. There are other employers out there, particularly other investment banks, that treat their candidates with more respect and consideration.

Reason for Declining – Each time I was in contact with employees and the management of this company, I had a bad experience due to their failure to communicate in a timely manner and their disorganization. I prefer to work for an employer that is organized and communicates timely to people.

Vice President, Risk Technology Interview

Vice President, Risk Technology
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald in September 2009.

Interview Details – They were pretty quick to set up the interview once they had my resume. Interviewed with 5 people in a row (no breaks) for 4 hours.
Was interviewing for a senior position but got asked some database programmer and Unix admin questions. None of the interviewers did a good of interviewing or of answering questions that I asked. Some were pleasant but it was doomed to fail as I felt that they did not fully understand all the knowledge and skills that I could bring to them.

Interview Question – There were a couple of questions about Unix admin. How you achieve certain things in Unix.   View Answer

Analyst Interview

Analyst
New York, NY

I applied through other source and the process took a day - interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald in October 2009.

Interview Details – Friend set up the interview while I was networking in NYC. Spent a few days learning about the company and what are their strenths and the direction they are headed. Interviewed with an associate and VP. Walk me through your resume, why Ibanking, asked about my experiences, how to calculate a DCF, WACC, CapM, FCFs.

Interview Questions

Controller Interview

Controller
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald in December 2009.

Interview Details – Interview was very relaxed and focused on understanding the position and its requirments. Typical background questions and a few behavioral questions based on previous work experience.

Interview Question – What are your strengths/weaknesses?   Answer Question

Fixed Income Analyst Interview

Fixed Income Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at Cantor Fitzgerald in April 2008.

Interview Details – Interviewed for the intern position. Did not interview for a full time position.

Interview Question – No challenging questions for the internship   View Answer

Worked for Cantor Fitzgerald? Contribute to the Community!