Capco

Capco Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2015
Updated Jan 12, 2015

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco.

First round telephone interview about CV, why Consulting, why Capco, what is interesting about Banking in general. I had to make an elevator pitch about my CV and had to specify why I choose that specific university and both of the banks I have worked in.

Other Interview Reviews for Capco

Associate Interview

quick and easy process. talk to hr, then final rounds with three consultant. offer two day later, negotiable. Questions include resume, projects, previous job experiences, your knowledge of the industry, etc.

good

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at Capco.

I was contacted by HR via email. I went to the "ATP interview night". I talked to 4 different consultants. Most of the questions were very general like why do you want to work here, why management consulting, walk me through your resume, etc...

Interview Questions
    • How would you find the weight of an elephant without a scale?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at Capco in March 2013.

3 rounds, including one with HR.

First round was typical HR interview... walk me through your resume.
    Second round consisted of 4 interviews with senior level consultants. Again not many techncical questions. Mostly all fit.
    Third Round was in group case study format. Brief writing exercise. Group presentation.

Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at Capco in December 2012.

friend refer followed by phone interview, one week later on site superday with 4 round back to back interview with partners. got offer the next day

Interview Questions
    • fairly simple, just let me work through my resume and ask relevant questions around my previous work/ project.   Answer Question
    standard package for associate level

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at Capco.

Interviewed for a spot in Capco's Associate Talent Program. Had a phone interview with a HR rep (100% behavioral), then a phone interview with a more senior consultant (mostly behavioral), followed by a face-to-face interview consisting of three interviews (with consultant, senior consultant, and partner), with the final step being a half day "assessment center". The assessment day consisted of a rapid-fire question and answer session with several employees of differing levels, a written case exercise, and a group presentation exercise. All in all, the interview process was lengthy and thorough but pretty laid-back in reflection of the firm's culture overall.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

interviewed at Capco in May 2012.

First round began with 12 of us in a room for introductions. We then split off into 3 separate interviews where we were asked about resumes, experience, and questions like, "tell me about something interested that not many other people know about." I was invited back for a second round with the team I would be working with, but didn't make the cut. Second interview consisted of being grilled on tiny details in resume and asking for extra detail each time.

Interview Questions
    • "Why" in relations to most of my answers in the second interview caught my offguard   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco in April 2010.

I applied online through my college's career website. I subsequently had two on campus interviews with two different consultants. The questions were fairly general and covered behavior, resume, past experience, and the company in general. Both interviewers were pretty nice, but were from the IT Group so I couldn't get much in the way of information about their financial services consulting arm.

For the final round, I traveled to their San Bruno office and interviewed with two partners. The first one asked me a brainteaser and a guesstimate question. Then he asked me what my ideal job (position and company) right after college would be, which I thought was kind of an awkward question. The second partner was more laid back and we talked about my experience and the company itself. I heard back from them with an offer that same week.

Interview Questions
    • Let's say you have 10 bags of nails, and each nail weights 10g. You also have a scale upon which you can weigh a combination of the bags or nails from the bags once. You know that one of the bags is off by a certain amount of grams, but you don't know which bag or by how much. How do you find out, with one weighing, which bag it is?   View Answers (10)
    • How would you estimate the amount (in terms of sales) of ketchup in the United States each year?   Answer Question

Something didn't sit right with the whole experience. The company rents their offices from an office rental company to, as they claim, save on overhead costs but I thought it was a little unprofessional looking. There are backed by a private equity firm, which is a little strange as well. Lastly, their offer was fairly low in base salary but had some pretty good benefits.

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco.

It all happened very quickly.

Application Form
    Q&A
    1 HR interview
    1 competency based interview
    1 partner interview

It took some time to hear back after I sent in the online application but the time from when I had the assessment day to when I got the offer it was about 2 weeks

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capco.

Application, Telephone Interview, AC, Partner/HC interview