Capco Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

12 interviews

2.9

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

quick and easy process. talk to hr, then final rounds with three consultant. offer two day later, negotiable. Questions include resume, projects, previous job experiences, your knowledge of the industry, etc.

good

Other Interview Reviews for Capco

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at Capco.

I was contacted by HR via email. I went to the "ATP interview night". I talked to 4 different consultants. Most of the questions were very general like why do you want to work here, why management consulting, walk me through your resume, etc...

Interview Questions
    • How would you find the weight of an elephant without a scale?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

interviewed at Capco in May 2012.

First round began with 12 of us in a room for introductions. We then split off into 3 separate interviews where we were asked about resumes, experience, and questions like, "tell me about something interested that not many other people know about." I was invited back for a second round with the team I would be working with, but didn't make the cut. Second interview consisted of being grilled on tiny details in resume and asking for extra detail each time.

Interview Questions
    • "Why" in relations to most of my answers in the second interview caught my offguard   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Capco in March 2013.

3 rounds, including one with HR.

First round was typical HR interview... walk me through your resume.
    Second round consisted of 4 interviews with senior level consultants. Again not many techncical questions. Mostly all fit.
    Third Round was in group case study format. Brief writing exercise. Group presentation.

Associate Interview

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at Capco in December 2012.

friend refer followed by phone interview, one week later on site superday with 4 round back to back interview with partners. got offer the next day

Interview Questions
    • fairly simple, just let me work through my resume and ask relevant questions around my previous work/ project.   Answer Question
    standard package for associate level

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Capco.

Interviewed for a spot in Capco's Associate Talent Program. Had a phone interview with a HR rep (100% behavioral), then a phone interview with a more senior consultant (mostly behavioral), followed by a face-to-face interview consisting of three interviews (with consultant, senior consultant, and partner), with the final step being a half day "assessment center". The assessment day consisted of a rapid-fire question and answer session with several employees of differing levels, a written case exercise, and a group presentation exercise. All in all, the interview process was lengthy and thorough but pretty laid-back in reflection of the firm's culture overall.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Bruno, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Bruno, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capco in April 2010.

I applied online through my college's career website. I subsequently had two on campus interviews with two different consultants. The questions were fairly general and covered behavior, resume, past experience, and the company in general. Both interviewers were pretty nice, but were from the IT Group so I couldn't get much in the way of information about their financial services consulting arm.

For the final round, I traveled to their San Bruno office and interviewed with two partners. The first one asked me a brainteaser and a guesstimate question. Then he asked me what my ideal job (position and company) right after college would be, which I thought was kind of an awkward question. The second partner was more laid back and we talked about my experience and the company itself. I heard back from them with an offer that same week.

Interview Questions
    • Let's say you have 10 bags of nails, and each nail weights 10g. You also have a scale upon which you can weigh a combination of the bags or nails from the bags once. You know that one of the bags is off by a certain amount of grams, but you don't know which bag or by how much. How do you find out, with one weighing, which bag it is?   View Answers (10)
    • How would you estimate the amount (in terms of sales) of ketchup in the United States each year?   Answer Question

Something didn't sit right with the whole experience. The company rents their offices from an office rental company to, as they claim, save on overhead costs but I thought it was a little unprofessional looking. There are backed by a private equity firm, which is a little strange as well. Lastly, their offer was fairly low in base salary but had some pretty good benefits.

Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capco.

Application, Telephone Interview, AC, Partner/HC interview

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at Capco in October 2013.

Process starts with CV and answering couple of straight forward questions: Why Capco, why consulting, describe opportunities for banks at this moment. Then assessment centre, three stages: quick fire interview - aptitude test - group case study. Quick fire interview is not too bad; standard questions and sometimes funny questions like: whats your favorite colour or use a song to describe your work ethic. Aptitude test quite hard: logical reasoning, numerical questions and to conclude some worksheet in which you have to find irregularities and typos (I did not really get this bit). Group case study not too hard; about M&A of two banks.

Interview Questions
    • During quick fire interview they ask you about opportunities for retail banks, investment banks, insurance institutions etc. Important to think about this before hand. Also, they asked me about my personal experiences with my bank and if I could think of improvements to be made.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at Capco in April 2013.

Quick 5 min interviews with 5 different people, in-tray exercise, group presentation.

Interview Questions

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!