Capco

Average Difficulty
11 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – I was contacted by HR via email. I went to the "ATP interview night". I talked to 4 different consultants. Most of the questions were very general like why do you want to work here, why management consulting, walk me through your resume, etc...

Interview Question – How would you find the weight of an elephant without a scale?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I interviewed at Capco in May 2012.

Interview Details – First round began with 12 of us in a room for introductions. We then split off into 3 separate interviews where we were asked about resumes, experience, and questions like, "tell me about something interested that not many other people know about." I was invited back for a second round with the team I would be working with, but didn't make the cut. Second interview consisted of being grilled on tiny details in resume and asking for extra detail each time.

Interview Question – "Why" in relations to most of my answers in the second interview caught my offguard   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at Capco in March 2013.

Interview Details – 3 rounds, including one with HR.

First round was typical HR interview... walk me through your resume.
Second round consisted of 4 interviews with senior level consultants. Again not many techncical questions. Mostly all fit.
Third Round was in group case study format. Brief writing exercise. Group presentation.

Interview Question – What is consulting? Why Capco?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at Capco in December 2012.

Interview Details – friend refer followed by phone interview, one week later on site superday with 4 round back to back interview with partners. got offer the next day

Interview Question – fairly simple, just let me work through my resume and ask relevant questions around my previous work/ project.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – standard package for associate level

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – Interviewed for a spot in Capco's Associate Talent Program. Had a phone interview with a HR rep (100% behavioral), then a phone interview with a more senior consultant (mostly behavioral), followed by a face-to-face interview consisting of three interviews (with consultant, senior consultant, and partner), with the final step being a half day "assessment center". The assessment day consisted of a rapid-fire question and answer session with several employees of differing levels, a written case exercise, and a group presentation exercise. All in all, the interview process was lengthy and thorough but pretty laid-back in reflection of the firm's culture overall.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

San Bruno, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capco in April 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online through my college's career website. I subsequently had two on campus interviews with two different consultants. The questions were fairly general and covered behavior, resume, past experience, and the company in general. Both interviewers were pretty nice, but were from the IT Group so I couldn't get much in the way of information about their financial services consulting arm.

For the final round, I traveled to their San Bruno office and interviewed with two partners. The first one asked me a brainteaser and a guesstimate question. Then he asked me what my ideal job (position and company) right after college would be, which I thought was kind of an awkward question. The second partner was more laid back and we talked about my experience and the company itself. I heard back from them with an offer that same week.

Interview Questions

• Let's say you have 10 bags of nails, and each nail weights 10g. You also have a scale upon which you can weigh a combination of the bags or nails from the bags once. You know that one of the bags is off by a certain amount of grams, but you don't know which bag or by how much. How do you find out, with one weighing, which bag it is?   View Answers (10)
  • How would you estimate the amount (in terms of sales) of ketchup in the United States each year?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Something didn't sit right with the whole experience. The company rents their offices from an office rental company to, as they claim, save on overhead costs but I thought it was a little unprofessional looking. There are backed by a private equity firm, which is a little strange as well. Lastly, their offer was fairly low in base salary but had some pretty good benefits.

Associate

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – Application, Telephone Interview, AC, Partner/HC interview

Interview Question – Why would you not join the firm   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied through college or university - interviewed at Capco in October 2013.

Interview Details – Process starts with CV and answering couple of straight forward questions: Why Capco, why consulting, describe opportunities for banks at this moment. Then assessment centre, three stages: quick fire interview - aptitude test - group case study. Quick fire interview is not too bad; standard questions and sometimes funny questions like: whats your favorite colour or use a song to describe your work ethic. Aptitude test quite hard: logical reasoning, numerical questions and to conclude some worksheet in which you have to find irregularities and typos (I did not really get this bit). Group case study not too hard; about M&A of two banks.

Interview Question – During quick fire interview they ask you about opportunities for retail banks, investment banks, insurance institutions etc. Important to think about this before hand. Also, they asked me about my personal experiences with my bank and if I could think of improvements to be made.   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at Capco in April 2013.

Interview Details – Quick 5 min interviews with 5 different people, in-tray exercise, group presentation.

Interview Question – none, standard interview questions   Answer Question

London, England (UK)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at Capco in February 2013.

Interview Details – - CV filtering (only unusual thing was no cover letter, instead there are some questions on the site, if you are interested in finance and read the news it will be no problem, I had no pre-existing finance background)

- Assessment centre (includes a test, a group case study and 6x 5 minute interviews focusing on your fit and general demeanor. The test is very hard and everyone does badly, don't like it shake you on the day)

- 3 interviews (one with a PC, one with HR, one with a partner) focus on case study (brain teaser or generic business), competency questions and fit respectively.

Interview Question – There were a lot, but it's not about what the answer is, it's about how you answer. Just pretend you were being asked the question by a friend and react accordingly - don't bulls**t, don't panic.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The package is standard, they were willing to wait 3 weeks for an answer whilst I considered some other offers.

Interviews for Top Jobs at Capco

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Capco Associate interview questions and advice. All 11 interview reviews posted anonymously by Capco employees and interview candidates.