Capco Associate Talent Program Interview Questions

Updated Sep 25, 2014

2.5

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capco in March 2013.

I applied through my college. The first interview was pretty funny - no questions about finance or my skillset at all. It was basically a conversation with the recruiter. The second round interviews were 4 back to back interviews with various analysts/consultants in the firm. Typical questions like what have you read in the news lately, describe financial crisis basically things that you should have read up on.
Overall, the process was pretty straightforward, everyone was nice. communications were fast.

Interview Questions
  • Explain a difficult economic concept in a high level manner   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Capco

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco in February 2013.

First process is HR phone screen with pretty standard questions about resume, day to day, challenges faced, team dynamics questions etc. the phone interview last around 30 mins and the last question would be about expected salary. They give a pretty low rage with a take it or leave it scenario at the very end.

The Second round is face to face interviews with a few senior consultants and one partner. The whole process lasts a few hours. Questions include walk of the resume, knowledge abut capital markets, team dynamics, presentation skills etc.

The third round is an all day even that takes place during the weekend. All the candidates are put into groups and are assigned group activities like preparing a deck of slides of a pretend client and doing project management functions. You will then be faced with an 'unexpected' twist during the exercise which you will have to creatively solve with you team mates. Be prepared to come up with innovative ideas and solutions.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult questions. Brush up on Capital Markets and be prepared to think creatively on your feet   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capco in February 2013.

I went through two rounds of interview. First round is a telephone interview. The Hr lady who conducted interview rescheduled it several times. In fact twice she did it a minute before the interview was supposed to take place. The second round of interview was in the office. I had four interviewer back to back. Two were from HR and other two were consultants. The questions asked were mostly behavioral. The interviewers were great however they seemed unprepared as they hadn't even skim through my resume before interviewing me.

We were told that we would be given the contact information of the interviewer at the end of the day. However she forgot to do so and when i emailed her about it she sent me the email id of some other employee who hadn't conducted my interview! We were also told that the third round of interview would be conducted two months down the line!

Overall, I found the whole process to be extremely unprofessional and haphazard. Considering the emphasis they claim to place on meritocracy, I guess they skip that when it comes to HR employees.

Stage 1: Answer Online Questions

Stage 2: Record yourself answering 3 questions. Already been mentioned elsewhere, all fairly simple.

Stage 3: Assessment Centre. Split into groups. Consists of a short, but relatively easy, maths test. A group exercise where you have to read an M&A case and present your findings as 'Capco' to the client company doing the merger on your findings and recommendations. Finally, 3 quick-fire interview questions that are mainly conversational and are trying to see how relaxed and confident you are. Everyone always asks you 'Why consultancy?'

Stage 4: Final interview with head of HR, a senior consultant and a "partner".

Stage 4 of the process was handled horribly by HR and really put me off the company. I had a telephone interview scheduled with a senior consultant (was told it would be a partner but hey-ho) for 12 noon on a Friday. By 2pm I had no contact from anyone and so had to chase HR up about what was going on. At 4pm I got an email saying he was busy at client site and would have to reschedule for Monday (wasn't told when). Monday rolls around and again by 2pm no contact from anyone, I chase up HR who get back to me at 5pm telling me they can do the interview in half an hour. Telephone interview finally gets underway, the consultant seemed completely disinterested (obviously had better things to do) and lasted 12 minutes. Simple questions and answers that I had already been asked at every stage before.

Ultimately I was rejected and the only feedback was "despite your good interviews we felt you did not have the necessary experience". I believe this is something that they could have told me at the beginning of the process to save everyone time.

Advice to CAPCO: the application process is the opportunity not just for candidates to impress you, but for you to impress the candidates. If they see you can't organise a telephone interview then that does not bode well for the candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Talk to me about the LIBOR scandal. If you were the CEO of Barclays Bank what would be your 3 main concerns?   Answer Question

Associate Talent Program Interview

The over all interview process was straightforward. Nothing a lot of people on here haven't already posted. I made it through the initial round of interviews and was invited to the New York office for the last round of interviews. It was actually very enjoyable and you get a really good feel for the overall culture of the company.

Interview Questions
    • The group task was the most difficult portion. Even if you do pretty well on all other potions of the day, you really can't prepare for how you will interact with your group members. Just keep a level head and don't make it obvious you're vying for attention--everyone else in the group will do that and it makes everyone look worse than I'm sure they really are.   Answer Question