Capco Consultant Interview Questions

Updated Mar 19, 2015

2.9

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Waste of time. The interviewer didn't pay attention from the first word we spoke and interview was over within 15 minutes. He asked me to go over the resume, asked some fit & behavioral questions. Discussing strengths & weaknesses. Complete waste of mine and their time, demonstrates the company culture?

Other Interview Reviews for Capco

Consultant Interview

Initial interview was weak, more like phone screen to check my communication skills, did not ask any challenging questions. Asked basic questions related to where I see myself in CAPCO, how much I knew about the company. Also gave a brief background on CAPCO, their focus, and the kinds of opportunities they have open

Interview Questions
    • Salary expectation during 1st interview...was not ready for that   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Interview was really straightforward and almost completely behavioral.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at Capco.

HR reached out to me about a interview day they were having. Capco has been having these superdays alot lately. Literally 3 a week since December 2012.

Initial, convo with HR was going thru the resume. Pretty much wanted to make sure you can communicate verbally.

At the interview day, I met with 4 people - a mix of managers, senior consultants and principals. There was no case study, but I think that was only because I carried myself as a consultant; being confident, not cocky and speaking the lingo. Went thru my resume with each one and highlighted PROJECT MANAGEMENT related skills. Make sure to highlight these especially if you dont have experience within consulting before.

Since they are hiring like crazy, I got a call back a few days later with an offer.

Push to be apart of the CAP program training. Its good experience for those w/o consulting exp.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project that you managed? (given I did not have consulting experience)   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at Capco.

The phone interview was all behavioral. Last no more than 30 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between strategic consulting and managing consultant   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at Capco in January 2013.

Generally speaking your first call will be a 'smell test' with recruiting and then you may be brought in to meet with 2-3 individuals at at least the Senior Consultant level. The questions and process is fairly standard and straight-forward.

Prepare yourself with the interview basics- have your resume on hand, do your research about the company, and know what you are looking for in your next role. The questions are basic "describe team experiences, win/losses, strengths/weaknesses, etc'.

Each round will be 30 minutes or so. Younger candidates will most likely require a "Super day" of sorts that involves group interviews and tasks. Don't be a jerk and you'll be fine.

Interview Questions
    • Unless the interviewer is going off-script or you're being examined for a very specific role, there shouldn't be any surprises in the process.   Answer Question
    There is a little flex in salary band.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at Capco in March 2012.

The HR Manager found my resume on LinkedIn and contacted me. I interviewed the next day and got an offer the following morning.

Interview Questions
    • If I were to put you in charge of an XYZ project in your first week would you be able to lead it.   View Answer
    There was little flexibility in negotiating.

Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capco.

3 stage interview:

First stage
    1hr HR Interview
    45min Technical Interview

Second Stage
    1hr case study
    25~30mins to create a 3 page presentation with 10~15mins to deliver followed by Question and Answer session on the presentation

Third Stage
    1hr Partner Interview

Very quick feedback process, longest waiting time was 2 days

Interview Questions
    • Why Capco
      Why Consultant/Consultancy
      Industry Expertise
      Views on the future of Consultancy/Finance Sector

Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)
    Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at Capco in March 2014.

Applied online and had an telephone screening interview, 3 CV based interviews with HR, partner and managing principal and a case study presentation interview.

Interview Questions
    • The partner interview was a quick fire questions looking to do a CV run through that seemed to try and unsettle, it didn't leave much space for interaction and was about capco ticking boxes. Had I received an offer it would make me question why capco didn't try and sell the company more.   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at Capco.

rigid interview process with client driven interview