Capco

Updated Dec 17, 2014
Updated Dec 17, 2014

2.8

Principal Consultant Interview

Streamlined RPO process and mixed with Leadership sessions at 3-4 rounds facing a mix of behavioral and technical questions related to the financial services industry, in the current and future state.

Interview Questions
    • How do you disrupt and embrace innovation and culture in a traditional industry?   Answer Question
    Quick and brisk and effective

ATP Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco.

The overall process of the interview was not too difficult. You first get a phone interview and once they like you they call you up for a second interview. For the 2nd interview you talk to two people. Mainly talking about yourself and your experience. Make sure you are able to answer obscure questions. There is no right answer but i believe they are looking for how you came up with that answer.

Interview Questions
    • How would you influence a person that earth is round?
      How many tires are sold in United States per year?

Answer Question

Associate Talent Program (ATP) Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capco in November 2014.

Online application - resume and cover letter.
    Round 1 interview with HR Analyst: had to reschedule couple of times because of changing schedules on both our ends, but were finally able to talk about a week after she first reached out to me for an interview. It was originally supposed to last 15-30 minutes but we went to almost 45 minutes. Talked about my background ("walk me through your resume") and my interest in finance, the program and Capco. Interviewer was very friendly, very personable, and was happy with my answers. Moved on to the second round (in person, 2 1-on-1 interviews with current consultants) - got asked behavioral questions mostly, resume walk through, and a brain teaser or two. They were happy, got asked back for 3rd round (Assessment Day) to take place in 2-2.5 weeks. About 20-25 other candidates, grouped into a few teams, fed breakfast and lunch with a case study, inbox challenge and rapid fire questions. Then lunch, Q&A with partners and associates and end of the day. Got an offer following week, early. Everyone at the company is very warm and welcoming, great to talk to casually or professionally. Candidates interacted a lot with partners who remembered our names and whatever tidbits about ourselves we told them it just felt way more welcoming and like "we want you" than any other company I've worked/interacted with. The flat hierarchy/open door policy idea they have is very tangible. Everyone's chugging the company Kool-Aid but in the least creepy/cult-y way possible.

Interview Questions
    • Whole rapid fire section had the most strongly mixed feelings - questions ranged from company specific to brain teasers to just random questions. Definitely felt the most stressed during that time but everyone enjoyed it (I didn't as much).   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco in October 2014.

Recruiter called me the first week in October...had me convinced to come interview by the end of the week despite my reluctance. Am very happy indeed that I did!

Met with four managers in a two hour time period, had a tour of the office, met my recruiter. I had one follow up phone interview-- this was in the span of 4 business days. By the end of the 2nd week in October I had a verbal offer, which I happily accepted, then a written one hours later.

Interview experience was very different than a typical Big 4- it was interactive, I met the right people on round 1-- a partner, two senior managers, and someone at my level that could answer candidly and give insight into a "day in the life". Recruiter was transparent and diligent throughout the process and all managers seemed to have a genuine interest in my career goals and how they translate to Capco opportunities. Followed up even after offer acceptance to help with the onboarding process and took me to lunch the first week I joined. I have since recommended Capco to three ex- colleagues from my firm.

Interview Questions
    • technical questions on trade lifecycle but answered it well   Answer Question
    Recruiter was transparent from the start about compensation and held true that Capco would pay competitive market rates-- really solid benefits package too

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capco in October 2014.

Applied through my school's career website. Got an on campus interview within a few days. The guy was nice, but he didn't have my resume. However, it seemed like he really enjoyed doing the recruiting and was very passionate about his career.

Associate Interview

quick and easy process. talk to hr, then final rounds with three consultant. offer two day later, negotiable. Questions include resume, projects, previous job experiences, your knowledge of the industry, etc.

good

Principal Consultant - Digital Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capco.

I met with four people as part of my interview process including an HR Hiring Manager and representatives from digital, banking and tech.
    At my level there was no aptitude test or the kind of case studies that you find at similar organizations such as McKinsey, Deloitte, BCG which was refreshing.

Interview Questions
    • The interview question felt less like a set of exam questions intended to catch me out and more like an open and honest discussion of values, intent, experience and expectations   Answer Question

Managing Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capco.

5 People across the company on the phone. 2 people in person in Washington DC. I made my own travel arrangements, drove to the location and saved the company $500 in airfare but then was not compensated for mileage. BUT, the would have paid $700 for air fare.

Interview Questions
    • I ASKED THEM an unexpected question: I asked what their employee churn rate was, they didn't know. I asked what their annual revenue was, they didn't know. These were high level execs I asked.   View Answer
    Easy.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capco.

5 step process that consisted of initial phone assessment with recruiter, 30 minute quantitative/brain teaser interview, 30 minutes behavioral fit, and final on-site interview with 4 people. It was very structured and comprehensive.

Interview Questions
    • Name the time you had to break the rules to get something done   View Answer
    Open to negotiation, but need to have awareness of market and value to the firm.

Project Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Capco in June 2014.

I applied on line. The HR department called and asked me a number of questions then invited me for an inhouse interview 'event'. When I told them I could not make it that Thursday evening they scheduled 3 phone interviews. They contacted because the phone interviews went well and asked me to come to their NYC offices on a Thursday evening for three additional in person interviews.

I was offered a 1099 position, but apparently they did not have the contract yet so nothing came of it.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were conversational and did not ask any difficult questions   Answer Question