Capco

Relevance Date Difficulty

Principal Consultant - Digital Team Interview

Principal Consultant - Digital Team
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – I met with four people as part of my interview process including an HR Hiring Manager and representatives from digital, banking and tech.
At my level there was no aptitude test or the kind of case studies that you find at similar organizations such as McKinsey, Deloitte, BCG which was refreshing.

Interview Question – The interview question felt less like a set of exam questions intended to catch me out and more like an open and honest discussion of values, intent, experience and expectations   Answer Question

Project Management Consultant Interview

Project Management Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at Capco in June 2014.

Interview Details – I applied on line. The HR department called and asked me a number of questions then invited me for an inhouse interview 'event'. When I told them I could not make it that Thursday evening they scheduled 3 phone interviews. They contacted because the phone interviews went well and asked me to come to their NYC offices on a Thursday evening for three additional in person interviews.

I was offered a 1099 position, but apparently they did not have the contract yet so nothing came of it.

Interview Question – Interviews were conversational and did not ask any difficult questions   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at Capco in January 2013.

Interview Details – Generally speaking your first call will be a 'smell test' with recruiting and then you may be brought in to meet with 2-3 individuals at at least the Senior Consultant level. The questions and process is fairly standard and straight-forward.

Prepare yourself with the interview basics- have your resume on hand, do your research about the company, and know what you are looking for in your next role. The questions are basic "describe team experiences, win/losses, strengths/weaknesses, etc'.

Each round will be 30 minutes or so. Younger candidates will most likely require a "Super day" of sorts that involves group interviews and tasks. Don't be a jerk and you'll be fine.

Interview Question – Unless the interviewer is going off-script or you're being examined for a very specific role, there shouldn't be any surprises in the process.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is a little flex in salary band.

Managing Principal Interview

Managing Principal
Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – 5 People across the company on the phone. 2 people in person in Washington DC. I made my own travel arrangements, drove to the location and saved the company $500 in airfare but then was not compensated for mileage. BUT, the would have paid $700 for air fare.

Interview Question – I ASKED THEM an unexpected question: I asked what their employee churn rate was, they didn't know. I asked what their annual revenue was, they didn't know. These were high level execs I asked.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Easy.

Principal Consultant Interview

Principal Consultant
New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – 5 step process that consisted of initial phone assessment with recruiter, 30 minute quantitative/brain teaser interview, 30 minutes behavioral fit, and final on-site interview with 4 people. It was very structured and comprehensive.

Interview Question – Name the time you had to break the rules to get something done   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Open to negotiation, but need to have awareness of market and value to the firm.

Training Associate Program Interview

Training Associate Program
New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at Capco in May 2014.

Interview Details – There were three rounds of interviews, the first was just a screening, the second was a skype interview where they vetted my background, and the third was a "super day" which we were given case studies.

Interview Question – If the pen in mightier than the sword, whats the pencil?   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

Entry Level

I applied online and interviewed at Capco.

Interview Details – After applying online, I was called within a week by an HR representative. The HR rep asked me common questions about my background and my resume. She asked me why I thought I would be a good fit at Capco and why I wanted to get into finance/ consulting. Overall a very straightforward process and what I had expected.

Interview Question – Why are you interested in finance?   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant
New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 months - interviewed at Capco in December 2013.

Interview Details – I interviewed on campus in the first round with two of the consultants. I passed the first round so they flew me up to New York for the final round interview. I was offered a position the next day.

Interview Question – Nothing really out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The negotiation process took about a month.

Senior Consultant Interview

Senior Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at Capco in December 2013.

Interview Details – The recruiting process was very efficient. Capco recruiter located my resume online and reached to me for a series of phone Q&A sessions. I would not call my experience an official phone interview but rather a chance for them to get to know me as a candidate and understand what my personal and professional goals were.

At an official Meet and Greet, several candidates were brought together to meet a variety of full time Capco employees. It felt very much like an informal interview process as we were encouraged to research Capco and understand their operating model, client base and basic philosophy before the event. At the event, there was a vague sense among the candidates that the more Capco employees you met, the better. From my experience, however, quality of interaction was stressed over quantity. Engaging in positive, thorough, and constructive conversations with the Capco employees in your targeted domain is an excellent approach. It is the impression you leave on a few that will get you invited back for an interview.

From the meet and greet, several candidates were invited back for a round robin interview the following week. I was interviewed in 4 sessions, each lasting approximately 30 minutes. The questions were not necessarily technically challenging but I got the distinct impression that Capco is looking for a certain "type" or person. Industry specific experience and education is not required but they were looking to understand how my skills and background were going to transfer and help Capco continue to grow its business. Be forthright, thorough, and personable at the interview. If you make a positive impression on the 4 interviewers, you have 4 advocates when it comes time to make hiring decisions.

Interview Question – There were no challenging technical questions. For me, not coming from a Finance background, my most challenging question was to answer "Why should Capco hire me? What specific value of diversity or perspective would I bring to the table if hired?"   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – When I heard they were going to make an offer, the recruiter asked me what my target salary would be. After two rounds of negotiations, they came in slightly below my offer but the total compensation package was more than adequate.

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1 week - interviewed at Capco in December 2013.

Interview Details – I applied through an internal employee. The HR rep called me within a week to setup an interview night session with four of the interviewers. The initial process could have been smooth but there were few hiccups. Read below to know more.

Interview Question – None. They asked mostly behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Worked for Capco? Contribute to the Community!