Capco

Updated Nov 19, 2014
Updated Nov 19, 2014

2.8

Associate Consultant Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capco in October 2014.

Applied through my school's career website. Got an on campus interview within a few days. The guy was nice, but he didn't have my resume. However, it seemed like he really enjoyed doing the recruiting and was very passionate about his career.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at Capco in October 2014.

Recruiter called me the first week in October...had me convinced to come interview by the end of the week despite my reluctance. Am very happy indeed that I did!

Met with four managers in a two hour time period, had a tour of the office, met my recruiter. I had one follow up phone interview-- this was in the span of 4 business days. By the end of the 2nd week in October I had a verbal offer, which I happily accepted, then a written one hours later.

Interview experience was very different than a typical Big 4- it was interactive, I met the right people on round 1-- a partner, two senior managers, and someone at my level that could answer candidly and give insight into a "day in the life". Recruiter was transparent and diligent throughout the process and all managers seemed to have a genuine interest in my career goals and how they translate to Capco opportunities. Followed up even after offer acceptance to help with the onboarding process and took me to lunch the first week I joined. I have since recommended Capco to three ex- colleagues from my firm.

Interview Questions
    • technical questions on trade lifecycle but answered it well   Answer Question
    Recruiter was transparent from the start about compensation and held true that Capco would pay competitive market rates-- really solid benefits package too

Associate Interview

quick and easy process. talk to hr, then final rounds with three consultant. offer two day later, negotiable. Questions include resume, projects, previous job experiences, your knowledge of the industry, etc.

good

Principal Consultant - Digital Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capco.

I met with four people as part of my interview process including an HR Hiring Manager and representatives from digital, banking and tech.
    At my level there was no aptitude test or the kind of case studies that you find at similar organizations such as McKinsey, Deloitte, BCG which was refreshing.

Interview Questions
    • The interview question felt less like a set of exam questions intended to catch me out and more like an open and honest discussion of values, intent, experience and expectations   Answer Question

Managing Principal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at Capco.

5 People across the company on the phone. 2 people in person in Washington DC. I made my own travel arrangements, drove to the location and saved the company $500 in airfare but then was not compensated for mileage. BUT, the would have paid $700 for air fare.

Interview Questions
    • I ASKED THEM an unexpected question: I asked what their employee churn rate was, they didn't know. I asked what their annual revenue was, they didn't know. These were high level execs I asked.   View Answer
    Easy.

Principal Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capco.

5 step process that consisted of initial phone assessment with recruiter, 30 minute quantitative/brain teaser interview, 30 minutes behavioral fit, and final on-site interview with 4 people. It was very structured and comprehensive.

Interview Questions
    • Name the time you had to break the rules to get something done   View Answer
    Open to negotiation, but need to have awareness of market and value to the firm.

Project Management Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at Capco in June 2014.

I applied on line. The HR department called and asked me a number of questions then invited me for an inhouse interview 'event'. When I told them I could not make it that Thursday evening they scheduled 3 phone interviews. They contacted because the phone interviews went well and asked me to come to their NYC offices on a Thursday evening for three additional in person interviews.

I was offered a 1099 position, but apparently they did not have the contract yet so nothing came of it.

Interview Questions
    • Interviews were conversational and did not ask any difficult questions   Answer Question

Entry Level Interview

I applied online – interviewed at Capco.

After applying online, I was called within a week by an HR representative. The HR rep asked me common questions about my background and my resume. She asked me why I thought I would be a good fit at Capco and why I wanted to get into finance/ consulting. Overall a very straightforward process and what I had expected.

Training Associate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at Capco in May 2014.

There were three rounds of interviews, the first was just a screening, the second was a skype interview where they vetted my background, and the third was a "super day" which we were given case studies.

Interview Questions
    • If the pen in mightier than the sword, whats the pencil?   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at Capco.

Several interviews with key senior management

Didn't care for business model